What *ACTUALLY* boosts metabolism

Options

Replies

• candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 70 pounds and kept it off for about five years. I know about the diet industry. ✌🏼
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    eat more often throughout the day, drink water, move more, strength train so you burn more calories. Eating at a deficit and being sedentary is a recipe for having to eat at 1200 calories forever. .which no one can do.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I been here 7 (6.5, but who’s been counting?) years. Therefore, I know more than you. Think about that logically, and about it makes *no sense*.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    To me, someone who is knowledgable is someone who has read and understands the scientific literature in regards to diet and weight loss rather than someone who reads blogs and can not differentiate between someones cherry-picked opinions and solid science. Someone who has a solid foundation but always has the quest to continue learning rather than believing they are experts who know a lot. I guess that means they think like I do in regards to weight loss because I always like my views to be backed by what science tells us.

So if there is evidence contrary to your belief, do you change your belief? I see a lot of people suggesting they are evidence based who only want to validate their current opinion.

I have learned to evaluate the new evidence, compare it to existing, find if new evidence is credible, and then incorporate it into my ideas. Yes, it is tainted by personal opinion, but we are human. I have recently slightly changes my thoughts on fat. So, we either keep learning or die.

So i will ask you, do macros matter when it comes to weight loss?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I been here 7 (6.5, but who’s been counting?) years. Therefore, I know more than you. Think about that logically, and about it makes *no sense*.

Strange--that surprises me. Perhaps you know more than I do, perhaps not. It doesn't matter to me, you aren't on my list of "knowledgable", but then again you could surprise me. Good luck.
    PS: I've been here since Feb 2013, you've been here since June 2013. Almost twins!