Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Bombshell Bettys!

Week 2 status update:

Good news: I lost 1 pound last week. Bad news: I didnt move a millimeter in my measurements. grrr.

This weeks Challenge:

Walking: I do a lot of walking already. I get off 5 stops early on my tram ride to work and walk the rest of the way, So in honour of this weeks challenge, I am going to go for a 30-45 minute walk in the evenings (using my hand weights from the rows).

Green: I love broccoli - I eat it 5-6 times a week :). But I will make a concerted effort to eat green fruit this week (usually on only eat mandarins, berries and bananas) - so here come apples, grapes,um... any other green fruit suggestions?

Farmers Market: I already shop every Friday afternoon at my local produce market :)

Crunches: Havent done them for years, but I used to like doing them - excited to start these exercises, but not looking forward to the muscle aches afterwards :(
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Kiwi is good!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well I've lost a bit more weight this week so that's looking pretty good! :)

As for the exercises a lot of those ab moves are in my videos and classes that I'm taking so those are covered!

I've been trying to make an effort to add more green foods into my diet. For example, I included celery and green onions (does it count if there is green in the name?) to my new swedish meatball recipe. I'm also apart of a local co-op that lets me order fresh fruits, vegetables, breads and meats from local farms. I love getting foods fresh!

For my inner child, well I already indulge her a bit too much! My favorite way to get in touch with her though, is by playing in the park with my dog. I do like the idea mentioned of coloring books. I just may have to go get some!! :)
  • Amber393
    Options
    Hey Ladies

Sorry for not checking in this morning. I'm just very tired. Been up since 3:30 this morning, got the laundry done, and had a visit from Daniel's sister, her husband, and the three kids. Talk about exhausted. I'm ready for bed and it's not not close to time.

As far as green veggies - my tuna burgers have green peppers in them as part of the salsa I used and I had a pickle!

Exercise - I'll do it tonight if I don't fall asleep in the meantime!

Inner child - Chased around a 1 year old who didn't have a care in the world. It was awesome. Tiring but awesome.

Anyway I'm gunna go relax for a while and unwind.

Amber
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I made it to my workout - kickboxing. It was a good class. I really feel good. I had a hard time going. I wouldn't have gone in fact if I hadn't been in the red. But I forced myself to go & so glad I did.

Water - check.
    I parked in the furthest spot at the gym.
    Greens is still an issue. I had some green onions in my eggs for breakfast, but that's it. I ate some fruit though. That's gotta count right? I am so bad with the veggies. Well, the green veggies at least.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. Will check back in the AM

Jen
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Hello bombshells! Well I burned 562 cals today! Did ab workout! Only greens I had today were pickles. But then I didn't eat much today, so calos are really good today, only thing I went over in was protein so that's ok. As for inner child, I got to take my youngest to open house for kindergarten. Have a good night
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Quick check in - I had greens in my sub at lunch; that's about it. I didn't have such a good day today. I parked in the same place at work but had to park close at dr's (the only other place I went) because I was so LATE for my appt. No crunches tonight - sorry. Too tired and going to sleep soon.:yawn:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I completed the exercise challenge and jogged 9 miles. I parked on the next block and walked to the doctor instead of parking in the lot. I had pickles and spinach along with my other veggies and fruits today.
  • tatabanana
    Options
    Hello! Should be asleep, but not yet..... I realize I have got to get this week's ab workout in!! But, I am doing well with the green thing. Don't know if I will make it to a farmer's market...maybe Saturday? Inner child, where are you?????????? lol.....But, I can say your mantra for this week helped me avoid a piece of cake at work today! Thanks Misty!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    On a high note, I also did my monthly total body measurements and am down 16 inches throughout! So that makes me happy! I'm also going to restart Chalean Extreme tomorrow, so I think that'll help alot with going to the gym and turbo kick & zumba classes I should start to see a drop again soon!

Congratulations on losing 16 inches!

My day: Green=avocado & chile peppers, although, i am still not sure if avocado is a fruit or veggie :laugh:
    No crunches today, have them planned for every other day to give my muscles some repair time, and they sure need it :wink:
    No Wii today either for my inner child, so just goofed off this evening :bigsmile:
  • djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight:

Bombshell Betty's Green Veggie Stirfry (serves 3)

1 med zucchini, sliced thinly
    1 med broccoli head and stalk, chopped into florets
    1/2 cauliflower head, chopped into small florets
    1 medium onion, finely chopped.
    1 small green pepper, sliced
    3 medium sized mushrooms, sliced.
    1/3 of a quarter head of green cabbage, finely sliced.

Stirfried in about 2 tablespoons of oil.
    Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chili flakes to taste.

Delicious!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Bettys. Hope everyone is doing good.

Today's outlook is good. I am down another .6 pounds. WooHoo. LOVE IT.
    I'm having hamburgers for lunch. Green = lettuce. Will have tomatos as well. Then chicken fried rice for dinner. Not the healthiest, but it will get the job done. I really don't make the best food choices. I eat what we use to eat, just modified & smaller portions. I don't know if I could do this if I had to completely change my eating habbits. I am not a big veggie gal. I have given up on a lot of my favs... fried chicken, chicken fried steak, big breakfasts with hashbrowns & bacon.
  • vold94
    Options
    I really don't make the best food choices. I eat what we use to eat, just modified & smaller portions. I don't know if I could do this if I had to completely change my eating habbits. I am not a big veggie gal. I have given up on a lot of my favs... fried chicken, chicken fried steak, big breakfasts with hashbrowns & bacon.

I don't blame you one bit. I also have not given anything up. I eat what I want when I want, but when I do it, I use more portion control than I use to. I've tried dieting in the past when I've given things up and yes I did lose the weight, but I eventually would give in to temptation and binge, then I would gain all the weight back plus some! This way I am working on losing weight in a way that I can maintain for the rest of my life becuase i'm not giving anything up! Good luck to ya!
  • Amber393
    Options
    goodmorningdone.gif

Exercise - Check. I started 30 DS today. Oh god ow I'm out of shape badly. I also got my weekly exercise in this morning before 30 DS.

Food - Lunch will probably be leftovers from last night dinner. Taco pasta. Green? I might snack on some green pepper strips. I dunno yet.

Inner child - Not completed yet.

You ladies have a great day. I'm gunna go grab a shower and drink some more water. I need it.. :laugh:

Amber
  • vold94
    Options
    Well today I decided was going to be my day off of exercising and calorie counting. My body is a little too sore from doing circuit training yesterday. I am going to get back in it tomorrow with re-starting Chalean Exteme! I did park farther away from the doors today though. I also ate alot of green vegetables. For my inner child I cried when my little man got onto the bus today for his first day of kindergarten! I also watched him in his first night of tai kwon do class!

I will catch up with you all tomorrow!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Sorry I have been MIA, but I have been very busy cleaning houses and apartments for work. I have been so tired....Been eating out because of this and I think I am not done for the week and can get back to business.....My sodium has been so horrible and I can feel the water weight hanging around. So hopefully it will be gone by monday...ttyl girls!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello Betty's! Home today taking care of a sick baby so no parking far away. I did eat my greens though (pear and broccoli). I haven't done crunches yet - maybe before bed. I did alot of walking today ---
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey there bombshells! Doing really well... eating right, working out, being active... but I'm going to be away starting tomorrow and into the weekend. Might log in, but probably won't have time to do much. Promise to stick with it and be good!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I was able to get my exercise done and parked far away. I only had 1 green, spinach, but I had some other colors!
  • ladycomix
    Options
    Today was my running day...logged just over 2 miles without stopping!
    greens: I had a big spinach salad for lunch mmmm.
    walking...I got to work late so the only parking spots were far away :D

hope everyone had a great day...