Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If it's his first game then go ;) My wee boy started karate this week, what age is yours? Mine will be 7 in November and my daughter has just turned 3.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I have to confess - did not do the rows yesterday. I've been fighting a back problem and I think this just aggravated it the other day. I probably wasn't doing it right. :sad: I did walk for 30 min (2 miles) and kept my calories under (yes, I know, they were way under). I have a problem sometimes getting to 1200 for some reason; I think I'm too conservative. Keep thinking I'm going to go over ---- :ohwell:
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    good-morning03.gif
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    DO YOUR ROWS..next week will be more of a challenge for everyone :) Just remember I love you :)

I'm still confused. Are we supposed to do the rows every day? Once a week?

the lan was to do them everyday but I did not put that in there so next week I will be more detailed...lol....I do mine everyday so far even if I have to use lighter weight because I am sore
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    If anyone needs to resumit on the form go ahead......no pain Ill just delete the previous one
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    pplflowergm.gif

You all rocked it out yesterday, great job!

Took my bath last night, it was so relaxing I almost fell asleep. :laugh:

Daniel asked if I was okay and I told him yes but the reality is no I'm just a bit stressed out over my grocery money I'll have to spend. Since they cut our hours because of how they did the contract I'll have about $75.00-80.00 for groceries and that's got to stretch it for two weeks. I've still got some staples in the house and some meat from last grocery trip but I'm open to suggestions for meal idea/grocery list ideas!

Amber

A few things I do to keep my grocery bill down is I buy frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts because they are less expensive, although they are a little bit higher in cals. I also buy large bags of frozen veggies so they don't go bad as quickly, but I do keep fresh lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, etc for salads. Another thing I do is use cupons. It can be time consuming, but the savings make up for it. I hope this helps, with a family of four to feed, money is tight for us :)
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I took my "me time" and had a long soak in the bath last night after my workout. I didn't do my rows yesterday, but now that I know its an everyday thing I'll squeeze it in. I did manage to do 35 minutes on the bike and then went to a 45 minute Zumba class. I definitely got my cardio in!! I am becoming more aware of what my labels say for things other than calories, fat, carbs and fiber. (Weight watchers training there!) Sodium is my major downfall!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If it's his first game then go ;) My wee boy started karate this week, what age is yours? Mine will be 7 in November and my daughter has just turned 3.

My son is 3. My girls are 8 & 13.
    Unfortunately, one of my parents (I do in home daycare) let me know they will be late tonight, so I will miss the game for that. I love doing daycare, but I feel I miss more of my kids stuff now than I did when I worked. But, I have to be available or I am without a job. I thought about just taking them & making him pick up there, but my son will have more games. It's funny because most parents will take off to see these special things, but if I do it then they give me grief. It just sucks all the way around.

I have the munchies today. Lord give me the strength to not eat anything MORE today. At this rate I will need to go to my workout class at 6:40 & stay for the 7:45 one as well.

On a personal note... I am having difficulties... going. Anyone else have this issue? I take fiber pills, drink plenty of water, exercise, I know I could do better with the fruits & veggies, but c'mon. It's not like I was super regular before, but what use to be going every 2-3 days has turned into 4 or 5. Any suggestions?

Sorry if TMI
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hola mis chicas bonitas!

Checking in. Haven't been doing the rows since the first time I did them, but I've adapted them to my regular gym routine. The problem? I haven't been to the gym for the past two days. I used my boyfriend's treadmill yesterday and I did a home workout video today (because of time constraints and traffic congestion due to new students moving in). Been really planning my meals through nutritional information. Not a single day over yet! I'm a bit afraid to weigh in... I think I'll be crushed if I don't see the scale move. I need to get back on my game as far as taking care of my mind and spirit. I'll check in again soon!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I did my row's today :) I am so sore from yesterday....well its not that bad just annoying.....I tried to have "me" time but of course SOMEONE came in blowing his top again..lol...I just put my ears in the water so I couldnt hear.....but it was nice to sit there and soak before I have to go to work...I may try to do it again after work so maybe I will not have any intrusions.....I set myself a stop smoking date on 9-1-11 so that will be a hard challenge for me, but I am just going to replace it with exercise :) Thats the plan anyway.....Well just checking in with everyone and hope everyone has a great rest of the day/night :)
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    On a personal note... I am having difficulties... going. Anyone else have this issue? I take fiber pills, drink plenty of water, exercise, I know I could do better with the fruits & veggies, but c'mon. It's not like I was super regular before, but what use to be going every 2-3 days has turned into 4 or 5. Any suggestions?

Sorry if TMI

I have problems from time to time too. I attribute it partially to the lower calorie intake (not as much food in means not as much food out), but I have also heard that too much fiber can have the opposite effect. Some fruits and veggies are better for this than others, apparently.

I did my big workout today. I do the rows every day as part of my regular "batwing elimination" routine, but I am still only using 1.5 kilo weights (I know, I'm a weakling). And I can do only do my boxing with 1 kilo weights! Tomorrow evening will be a nice walk downtown and some shopping, but I should get at least an hour of pure walking time. If it is too hot and humid, maybe not.

I skipped out going off to the family's beach house for the weekend, because my husband couldn't go. I will definitely miss the swimming, but there are still a few more opportunities to go before it gets too cold to swim. And I am still learning how to swim (but in the sea it is easy thanks to buoyancy!), so I'd prefer my hubby was there to help me.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Motivation high today. I've done my rows (2 sets of 15 each side), did 30 day shred, level 1 day 1, under my calorie quota with in excess of 5 fruit and veg, 10 glasses of water drunk, had me time walking the dog for half an hour this evening and now me time on MFP. Doing well - long may it continue!

Sarah
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Im done 3 lbs already since this week. Im feeling good and feel like everday walking/running is getting easier. I had school orientation today and got books weighing about 25 lbs. Man was that a workout from the bookstore to my car. lol. I just want to tell everyone good luck with their exercise and hope they have a good day.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Sorry if TMI

I have problems from time to time too. I attribute it partially to the lower calorie intake (not as much food in means not as much food out), but I have also heard that too much fiber can have the opposite effect. Some fruits and veggies are better for this than others, apparently.

I too have this problem. I set my fiber intake to 25g/day (which I read is what women should get) and have it set as one of the nutients I keep tabs on. I notice when I get 20g+ I'm good. Anything below that then I start to have 'issues'. Hope this helps :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    O.K. This is my 1st post here. I havent been motivated at all this week. My long time friend at work is moving to Florida and we live in Indiana. We have had doctors buying lunch 3 days this week, so my choices have been bad. That in turn makes me sluggish and not into walking. SO... tomorrow is a new day, right? I have been doing my weights everyday though. Rows included even before I knew we were doing them here! I met my ladies, very cool. The first post here it says I am paired up with...Kimberly Bryant, and juliecat1. THEN a few pages later, I see Kim is paired with someone else. So... who is my partner? I am cool with both gals, I just am wondering who I am really with? If you can check and let me know.

This weekend is the Harvest fest. A small town fest. My daughter won the title of little miss harvest fest, so she has to be there all weekend doing princess stuff. I hope to walk a ton and make good food choices.

For the food portion of the challenge, I read everything. I use my app and check calories when we are eating out. My girls even read lables too.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I gotta say, I don't agree with doing the same exact exercise every day. I don't think it's good to overexercise a particular muscle like that. So, that being said, when it comes to workout stuff, I'll incorporate your recommendation where I see fit.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    O.K. This is my 1st post here. I havent been motivated at all this week. My long time friend at work is moving to Florida and we live in Indiana. We have had doctors buying lunch 3 days this week, so my choices have been bad. That in turn makes me sluggish and not into walking. SO... tomorrow is a new day, right? I have been doing my weights everyday though. Rows included even before I knew we were doing them here! I met my ladies, very cool. The first post here it says I am paired up with...Kimberly Bryant, and juliecat1. THEN a few pages later, I see Kim is paired with someone else. So... who is my partner? I am cool with both gals, I just am wondering who I am really with? If you can check and let me know.

This weekend is the Harvest fest. A small town fest. My daughter won the title of little miss harvest fest, so she has to be there all weekend doing princess stuff. I hope to walk a ton and make good food choices.

For the food portion of the challenge, I read everything. I use my app and check calories when we are eating out. My girls even read lables too.

Jenn let me look and see.....some gals was on and didnt hear anything from their buddy so they had to be re paired....let me check and I will email you the answer
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    I gotta say, I don't agree with doing the same exact exercise every day. I don't think it's good to overexercise a particular muscle like that. So, that being said, when it comes to workout stuff, I'll incorporate your recommendation where I see fit.

That is fine, if you do not want to do it every day then you dont have 2.....Exercise is Exersice to me.....I do it everyday does not mean everyone has to.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I did some rows today with my exercise class; almost a 60 minute workout so pretty good job today. Of course, then I had to go and have pizza for dinner; but my hubby ordered it while I was gone sooo --- :embarassed: But - I still managed to stay under calories.

I don't know about you ladies but I am sooo happy tomorrow is Friday! I'm ready for the weekend!! :yawn: :bigsmile: No big plans but I am going to have my 'me' time and get a mani/pedi; think I'm going to get solar nails this time (white tips). Can't wait!:happy:

Hope you all of a good night!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well my me time is done tonight by watching Big Brother. Rows done, not sure if I'm going to the gym tonight yet or not. If I do, it won't be until after 10pm. Was gone all day running my child to appointments. Eating not that good. Will bust a** tomorrow to keep everything under! Will be so happy when school starts next week so I have time to get stuff done and don't have to take children to appointments that are taking my workout time away from me. I just hope i still have at least a pound loss this week!