No more late night snacking in 2020! - January 2020

dewit
dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
One of my new years' resolutions: finish eating early in the evening. Yours, too? :wink:

If you haven't seen this, here what it's all about:
Do you feel like you're self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner or like you're doubling your in-calories at night? Do you want to take act? Then join us in fighting late night snacking !

How this goes:
- each of us decides what late night snacking means to them (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)
- we post by the formula: Me: X vs. LNS: Y, where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number.
- feel free to also post streaks of how many days you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Have I touched a cord? Then: You are welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,069 Member
    I am in
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,815 Member
    I'm in too and committed to a LNS-less month.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    I'm in! I frequently eat to relax in the evenings so I'm going to focus on choosing something else to do to relax every night. Planning on exercise bike/tv time when I can. Burn more calories instead of consume more and still relax. Win-win! :sunglasses:
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,007 Member
    I’m in. Did part of December and was already better in controlling my late snacking. Hoping to improve a little in January. Good luck to all
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,530 Member
    Up for another month 😊
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Thanks @dewit for setting the challenge up again!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Jan 1

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0

Streak: 32
  • jaxalicious
    jaxalicious Posts: 27 Member
    I'm in.

1 January 2020
    Me:1*, LNS:0
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,815 Member
    Me: 1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,887 Member

Streak +5
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,530 Member
    Day One~
    Lns: 0

Thank you for continuing this challenge.
  • fluffyja100
    fluffyja100 Posts: 15 Member
    So far now
    Me:1
    LNS:0
    Not gonna lie I found myself in the kitchen looking in the fridge at 3am like......... (mind you I'm not even hungry) I didnt eat my dinner last night (I was sleeping) we eat around 5 or 6 pm. I had already ate some soup. And took a theraflu (caught a bad cold) so I knocked out by the time dinner was ready. It was good too. We cook alot of west Indian food in my house (jamaican) we had red snapper rice and peas with steamed cabbage and carrots and green salad. With sorrel.(yeeeeeees lord!!!) I got up and looked in that fridge fighting with my food demons. Like "come on now!!" "Get your *kitten* out the damn fridge!!!!" It's real out here in these streets😆😆😆😆
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,069 Member
    Me 1
    Lns0
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Streak: 5
    Longest Streak: 5

No trouble last night, on the road again which seems to be easier then at home.
  • Mariang165

• Mariang165
    @fluffyja100 Welcome!

Yep, I am surprised I didn’t meet you at the crossroads to my fridge! It is crazy isn’t it, we know we are not hungry, we just want to eat it anyway! Like you, we have always eaten healthy in our house, just unfortunately too much 🥴.

Good luck with your continued health issue recovery!
  • Mombug1
    Mombug1 Posts: 1 Member
    Yea I was really bad about it but now I will fix me a glass of water or a glass of milk seems to help me a lot now I replaced it....lol it has been working.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Me:1
    Streak:1
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member