What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited January 2020
    epangili wrote: »
    Successfully fasted breakfast to spend more time with Jesus reading my bible, fasted restaurants, and candy as well as journaled (S.O.A.P) three days in a row for church 40 day fast to seek the Lord. 37 days more to go.... Last night at a social event, they had a big plate of my favorite candy and I looked longingly but walked away. I went home and ate homemade popcorn instead.

{{{{{{{{{{{ o:) H <3 GS o:) }}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Super mega YAY YOU! I didn't know what S.O.A.P. journaling was, so I looked it up and it sounds absolutely wonderful! S.O.A.P.=Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. I'm so GLAD you've posted here, for several reasons, but mainly because you've inspired me with a new daily habit/hobby/project(s). I'm going to get into this S.O.A.P. myself, in my own way. The journal I'll use scriptures and texts of scriptures and I'll also do S.O.A.P. with an adult coloring book, that has various scriptures and encouraging & detailed/intricate pics for me to color (I use gel pens and colored pencils), before, during or after my journaling. YAY and Thank you again!

Also, please know that there are other ways to "fast" besides abstaining from food. You can fast from anger, being impulsive and/or from procrastination. You can fast from doing whatever you feel like doing, by asking/seeking/waiting on God BEFORE you do something. You can fast from believing everything you think--by examining your thoughts closely and tossing what isn't REALLY true--but "seems" true, you can fast from social media, you can fast from gossiping, murmuring and complaining, you can fast from shopping too much/watching your spending/finances--getting only what you need vs. what you want, you can fast from being sad, mad and feeling sorry for yourself. It's A LOT of stuff you can fast from--that will BLESS The Lord and YOU TOO. You probably knew this already, but I just wanted to let you/us know this--just in case.

Again YAY YOU, THANK YOU and {{{{ Love and Hugs to YOU and YOURS }}}}}

Thank you for your encouragement! Yay for you too, my new mfp bestie -love your creativity! The fast goal I'm talking about for myself is putting away stuff in order to spend more time with Jesus and reading His word as well as giving up my emotional dependence of my trigger food for comfort instead of His comfort for me. The other fasts you describe sound like a heart transformation that proof of Jesus is alive and active in you because you as a Christian love Him - definitely worthy of striving for every day just to enjoy living in His presence! Have a blessed 2020 mfp bestie!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2020
    Successfully fasted breakfast to spend more time with Jesus reading my bible, fasted restaurants, and candy as well as journaled (S.O.A.P) three days in a row for church 40 day fast to seek the Lord. 37 days more to go.... Last night at a social event, they had a big plate of my favorite candy and I looked longingly but walked away. I went home and ate homemade popcorn instead.

{{{{{{{{{{{ o:) H <3 GS o:) }}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Super mega YAY YOU! I didn't know what S.O.A.P. journaling was, so I looked it up and it sounds absolutely wonderful! S.O.A.P.=Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. I'm so GLAD you've posted here, for several reasons, but mainly because you've inspired me with a new daily habit/hobby/project(s). I'm going to get into this S.O.A.P. myself, in my own way. The journal I'll use scriptures and texts of scriptures and I'll also do S.O.A.P. with an adult coloring book, that has various scriptures and encouraging & detailed/intricate pics for me to color (I use gel pens and colored pencils), before, during or after my journaling. YAY and Thank you again!

Also, please know that there are other ways to "fast" besides abstaining from food. You can fast from anger, being impulsive and/or from procrastination. You can fast from doing whatever you feel like doing, by asking/seeking/waiting on God BEFORE you do something. You can fast from believing everything you think--by examining your thoughts closely and tossing what isn't REALLY true--but "seems" true, you can fast from social media, you can fast from gossiping, murmuring and complaining, you can fast from shopping too much/watching your spending/finances--getting only what you need vs. what you want, you can fast from being sad, mad and feeling sorry for yourself. It's A LOT of stuff you can fast from--that will BLESS The Lord and YOU TOO. You probably knew this already, but I just wanted to let you/us know this--just in case.

Again YAY YOU, THANK YOU and {{{{ Love and Hugs to YOU and YOURS }}}}}

Thank you for your encouragement! Yay for you too, my new mfp bestie! The fast goal I'm talking about is to spend more time with Jesus and reading His word as well as giving up my emotional dependence of my trigger food for comfort instead of His comfort for me. The other fasts you describe sound like a heart transformation that proof of Jesus is alive and active in you because you as a Christian love Him - definitely worthy of striving for every day just to enjoy living in His presence! Have a blessed 2020 mfp bestie!

{{{{ <3 Hugs and Smiles and TH o:) NKS again for posting <3 }}}}}}}
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    I'm credit card debt free in 2020!!! An emergency expense... It took 3 years but last payment this month made!

BOOM! Somebody is a WINNER and that somebody is you--super tremendous NSV!

ElBence wrote: »
    I swam 30,000 yards this week.

Absolutely wonderful...YAY YOU!!!

cask16 wrote: »
    I’ve worked out 6 days this week - including 2 runs!
    Feeling so much more positive :)

Wow! That's impressive and I LOVE your avatar pic!
    I didn't give up after 3 days like I usually do, I'm still here, still drinking a ridiculous amount of water and listening to my body when I feel hungry

The highest of fives to you & {{{ Hugs }}}}. May you continue to win all this new year and keep up the terrific work!

You are the BEST cheerleader, my new mfp bestie!!!🏅🙌🌹💕
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!