• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I'm so peeved.

Our local sporting chain is having a huge sale on shoes. I checked it out.

Mens asics gel kayano, over 40% off, so only 149 down from 279! Women's gel kayano, same price. Wtf.

And of course no mens in my size. Sigh.

Did you ask them why the women's were not on sale too? Maybe they were a more current model and the sale one was sold out?

I asked, they were both the 26s so the most recent for both. Her response was meh it is what it is.
    I don't know what your options are for other running stores but I would take my business elsewhere and I would be sure the manager and owner knew why.

Yeah there are other stores. Sadly the other stores are specialty stores and don't have sales like this, usually only 10% off if ever have a sale. This was a 40% off sale, which is why I was so disappointed.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I'm so peeved.

Our local sporting chain is having a huge sale on shoes. I checked it out.

Mens asics gel kayano, over 40% off, so only 149 down from 279! Women's gel kayano, same price. Wtf.

And of course no mens in my size. Sigh.

Did you ask them why the women's were not on sale too? Maybe they were a more current model and the sale one was sold out?

I asked, they were both the 26s so the most recent for both. Her response was meh it is what it is.
    I don't know what your options are for other running stores but I would take my business elsewhere and I would be sure the manager and owner knew why.

If it is a chain, that is often the best the employee can say. The employee and even the manager have no control over these things. Often it comes from the vendor, not even the big wigs in the store's company itself. Working in retail I saw many times where a company like Nike would say "You will put X thing on sale, and don't you dare put Y thing on sale, or we will pull our products."

If it is the store control of the sale they typically run sales for one of 2 reasons :

1) A product is not selling fast enough and they want to clear out inventory
    2) The draw from selling the specific product will generate other sales

Margins are way too tight at the store level for much else.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I disappeared for the week, while I was at a conference in Malta <3
    The kids got to come and we had some free time, plus great meetings and I ran every day, too. One day was a group run, another day was intentional hill training to take advantage of the crazy hills that I had discovered the day before (literally LOL'ed when I got to the top and saw the roller coaster of up & down ahead of me), and two days were kind of longer with rocky trails mixed in. We did some hiking and sightseeing as a family and my crazy kids got in the cold sea. Yeah. It was pretty awesome.

Just a couple pictures.
    3256bl3rxrs9.jpg
    1sn3i1buh5me.jpg
    zzbp1lqfdrbh.jpg
    jcbrinwzl5nq.jpg
    s7makhx1ar32.jpg
    January goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Great pics!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Sounds and looks like you had a great time at your conference. Glad the kids go to go too and you were able to be so active in such a beautiful spot.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar I have seen jelly beans year round in Houston but not as prominently displayed in non Easter times. If you go to Walgreens or CVS they usually have some candy that’s $1-2 each hanging in clear plastic bags (circus peanuts, cherry sours, citrus wedges, gum drops, etc). I can usually find a bag of jelly beans in those sections. It seems like I’ve seen them at Kroger too but I’m generally distracted by Chocolate in the candy aisle.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo we do chocolate bunnies and eggs too. And marshmallow peeps. Just for fun I’m including a picture of the cake I made for Easter this year. (Sprinkled with jelly beans!)