January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity i haven’t run a 5k since March 18 and I walked most of it, lol.

My best pace right now is 12:01.

I think you and @PastorVincent are right - but what happens if i don’t finish in the allotted six hours?
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I think you and @PastorVincent are right - but what happens if i don’t finish in the allotted six hours?

Then you finish in 6.5 hours. or 7 or whenever. They do not arrest you for such things. You might miss out on the finisher food/etc, but arrange to have someone waiting for you with food and you will be fine.

@PastorVincent but i won’t get a DNF right?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

For a best pace 12:00 in a 5 k the chart shows that your marathon pace would be 13:51.

Training run paces as follows
    Recovery run between 14:06 and 15:05
    Easy run between 13:23 and 14:01
    Long run between 13:25 and 14:24
    Tempo run between 12:03 and 12:26

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Hope your slower run went well. I too love your windows. Prayers for you and your fellow Aussie's. I hope you all stay safe! It's so scary.

@Camaramandy648 Way to get it done!

Welcome @PerfectlyImperfectLife ! You've come to the right place. Everyone on here is really supportive! Way to get out and get that first run done! That's a huge step!

@rheddmobile That "race" sounds interesting, at the least. I guess they felt being unorganized was okay for a fun run. Maybe you could volunteer in the planning of next year's event to make it better. Just a thought. I don't understand people who bring their sick kids out in public! No wonder epidemics happen. I hope you were able to avoid the germs and don't get sick. I too hope they didn't drag the poor sick child out in the cold for the run. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the lights and run despite all of the idiots. I love your picture and agree with your husband, you do look like a Las Vegas Statue of Liberty!

@username301 Whether to log the 14K is totally up to you. It's your log, your rules. I am doing the Jeff Galloway method, so I have planned walks in my workouts. I count them all. I also count my warm up and cool down walks. It's up to the individual.

Congratulations on your PBs @TheMrWobbly ! 10K in under an hour would please me too!

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

For a best pace 12:00 in a 5 k the chart shows that your marathon pace would be 13:51.

Training run paces as follows
    Recovery run between 14:06 and 15:05
    Easy run between 13:23 and 14:01
    Long run between 13:25 and 14:24
    Tempo run between 12:03 and 12:26

@emmamcgarity so I’m actually doing all right!?!?!?

@PastorVincent I think you’re right and I think wisdom on this is to trust people in this forum (including @emmamcgarity ) who actually know a lot more than me.

So for now I’ll just focus on running the miles.

My sister who hates running texted me with a bunch of running questions today 😎😎😎

@loveychar YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!! How did it go? What did you like best for fuel? I’m so happy for you!

I think you are doing great! I’m still relatively new having only started running a year ago. But it appears you are on track according to the pace chart from my run club. I used the same pace chart to predict my 5k time after taking that running class thus Fall and it was pretty accurate. Every time I try to do more than my body is ready for I get injured.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly Thank you! Congratulations on the personal bests!

18.2 miles today, run/walk. Pace averaged 13 minutes per mile, not my best. My ankle is hurting...

Well done! Now go feed that ankle some chocolate :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people, sorry been a hectic couple days and missed most of you, but y'all are welcome! :)