January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo we do chocolate bunnies and eggs too. And marshmallow peeps. Just for fun I’m including a picture of the cake I made for Easter this year. (Sprinkled with jelly beans!)

dc43y2w6g6w4.jpeg

Yum!

We don't get peeps here.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo we do chocolate bunnies and eggs too. And marshmallow peeps. Just for fun I’m including a picture of the cake I made for Easter this year. (Sprinkled with jelly beans!)

dc43y2w6g6w4.jpeg

Oh I like this, such a cute and colorful cake...my little boy's birthday is right after Easter and I may have to do this...I screenshot it! I'm in central Texas, so I'm sure we have jelly beans here too then.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Avidkeo Way to stick with it and get it done. I think that is a great time.

Forgot to update my ticker earlier.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo great job!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all!

So today is a 9k fun run I signed up for a couple of days ago. Its a cup free event which is cool. I've got my hydration pack ready (just easier that way) and a couple of jelly beans. Kinda sux you can't get them all year round. But kiwis love lollies (candy) so I guess it makes sense we would have them all the time. Easter here is all about chocolate. Hollow eggs, marshmallow eggs, cream eggs.... Mmmmm mmm chocolate!
    vfvalpau01eo.jpeg
    4lqmrlvear2n.jpeg
    ltsg1vkwfn6s.jpg

I feel like I gained 10 pounds just looking at those pictures!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    First run of the year today. After five days rest (and an awful lot of fueling 😝) I was expecting this run to be great. It wasn’t. Ran with my club and the pace, while only moderate, was too fast for my still injured legs. I’ll go for another, slower run tomorrow and see how they cope.

In other news, the Aussie bush fires have turned Auckland yellow this afternoon. It’s a weird and surreal feeling. Makes the whole disaster feel that much closer.

The view from my bedroom window just now (4pm):
    ei71uwxa22rr.jpeg

Wow. Been seeing pics on the news. Still clear down here fortunately.

Hope @orphia is OK. Im pretty sure Melbourne is in the clear atm

ETA wow love your Windows! So cool!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    First run of the year today. After five days rest (and an awful lot of fueling 😝) I was expecting this run to be great. It wasn’t. Ran with my club and the pace, while only moderate, was too fast for my still injured legs. I’ll go for another, slower run tomorrow and see how they cope.

In other news, the Aussie bush fires have turned Auckland yellow this afternoon. It’s a weird and surreal feeling. Makes the whole disaster feel that much closer.

The view from my bedroom window just now (4pm):
    ei71uwxa22rr.jpeg

Wow. Been seeing pics on the news. Still clear down here fortunately.

Hope @orphia is OK. Im pretty sure Melbourne is in the clear atm

Sadly, photos from my Melbourne friends show a city blanketed in smoke. I doubt there’s much running going on over there at the moment (except for the running away from fires sort!)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

Thanks. I do too. They were a big factor in why we fell for this house!