Replies

• jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Name: Janine
    Height: 4'11''
    Total weight lost: 3.8 kg (8.36 lbs)
    Time it took to lose: Since September 2019 but off and on for 5 years
    How long in maintenance: Since January 2020
    Maintenance weight range: 48 - 50 kg (105.9 - 110.2 lbs)

Average weight recorded for August: 56.3 kg (124.1 lbs)
    Average weight recorded for September: 55.4 kg (122.1 lbs)
    Average weight recorded in October: 54.2 kg (119.5 lbs)
    Average weight recorded in November: 54 kg (119 lbs)
    Average weight recorded in December: 52.7 kg (116.2 lbs)

Week of..
    Dec 29 - 53 kg (116.8 lbs)
    Jan 5 - 52.7 (116.2 lbs)
    Jan 12
    Jan19
    Jan 26

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: My weekly average has finally gone back down to pre-holiday weight. I've worked out on my schedule that days that I will be going to the gym so hopefully I can stick to that and go 5 times per week.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Name: Alexandria
    Height: 5’3”
    Total weight lost: 58 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 107-111

Avg weight recorded for Aug: 117.6
    Avg weight recorded for Sept: 114.0
    Avg weight recorded for Oct: 112.0
    Avg weight recorded for Nov: 109.0
    Avg weight recorded for Dec: 108.5

Week of..
    Jan 1: holiday, did not weigh
    Jan 8: 108.8
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: spent several weeks at the cottage and all my kids joined us. I increased my daily calorie intake 250 calories and estimated a lot of eating, just focusing on family time. Made it through the holidays basically stable and have gone back to my planned maintenance levels. Happy to be back to my normal routines!
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member

ex: Female
    Height: 5'6”
    Total weight lost: 73 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 9 months
    Starting Weight: 208 (June 30, 2018)
    Goal Weight: 135 (Hit April 15, 2019)
    Maintenance weight range: 135-140

Average weight recorded for September: 135
    Average weight recorded for October: 136
    Average weight recorded for November: 135
    Average weight recorded for December: 137

Week of...
    January 5th:135
    January 12th:
    January 19th:
    January 26th:

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    erjones11 wrote: »
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155 or maybe 155 – 160?
    erjones11 wrote: »
    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I have been on the road family vacation since the first. Eating bad but not that bad. Hopefully water weight. We did a good amount of hiking but little other exercise.

Hey Eric; have you considered a LARGER maintenance range? If you go +/- five pounds, that gives you 150-160. Giving yourself +/- four pounds gives you 150-158. I will update my good news tomorrow, but I keep a range of eight pounds; sometimes ten depending who I'm talking to. My goal weight is actually near the bottom of that range, so I give myself more wiggle room on top than below. So far, I've only gone UNDER for a short time back in early October right before my slow, steady increase through late December that I'm finally getting back under control.

You have been maintaining over a year. You know how to do this. You might have to do a tiny deficit for a while if you're bigger than you like, or maybe reset your goal. I almost did that. I think I actually have a set of TWO goal ranges; the ideal small one and the acceptable one. But I am kind of goofy.

I bet that vacation weight comes right off.

• mtaratoot
    amberclem6 wrote: »
    Name: Amber
    Height: 6;1
    Total weight lost: n/a
    Time it took to lose: n/a
    How long in maintenance: not in maintenance yet
    Maintenance weight range: n/a

There's a whole bunch of great discussion threads of people who are losing for the first or fifth time. You might find you get a lot more support for this part of your journey on those threads. I will be excited to read about you there, and I will be super excited when you get back to your maintenance weight. That will be a GREAT time to come here for support to help avoid gaining again. It's kind of a forever journey.

Good luck, and I look forward to your success!

• erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Hey Eric; have you considered a LARGER maintenance range? If you go +/- five pounds, that gives you 150-160. Giving yourself +/- four pounds gives you 150-158. I will update my good news tomorrow, but I keep a range of eight pounds; sometimes ten depending who I'm talking to. My goal weight is actually near the bottom of that range, so I give myself more wiggle room on top than below. So far, I've only gone UNDER for a short time back in early October right before my slow, steady increase through late December that I'm finally getting back under control.

You have been maintaining over a year. You know how to do this. You might have to do a tiny deficit for a while if you're bigger than you like, or maybe reset your goal. I almost did that. I think I actually have a set of TWO goal ranges; the ideal small one and the acceptable one. But I am kind of goofy.

I bet that vacation weight comes right off.

No I really Think my range needs to be below 160, I might even prefer 150, not sure yet. If I decide that I'll switch to a deficit for a few months. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then decide. I am consistent in my eating and exercise so i am not all that worried about it.

• mtaratoot
    HEAVIEST weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Total Weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: ~6 months
    How long in maintenance: Since July 2018 -- but with some fluctuation outside of goal range.
    Maintenance weight range: 142 - 148 (and not sure that's the right answer)

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 163.8
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 150.7
    Average weight recorded from 2019 (12 months): 144.8

Average weight recorded from December 2019: 145.0

Average weight Week of...
    December 23 - 29: 145.1
    December 30 - January 5: 145.3
    January 6 - 12: 144.1
    January 13 - 19:
    January 20 - 26:
    January 27 - February 2:

Success of the week: Looks like I am finally chasing away that slow, steady increase from quarter four 2019. Success of the last three months - even though it was CERTAINLY a consistent gain, my weight trend never got out of my maintenance range, and for that matter my scale weight didn't either. The highest was November 11 one pound under the ceiling of my maintenance range. My scale weight DID get out of my maintenance range two days back in August and three days back in July, but they weren't real as my trending weight hasn't been out of range since late January 2019.

Struggle of the week: Confession time: so far this week, I haven't made time to get to the gym :frowning: Of course that's just one of the three legs of the stool; weight loss is won in the kitchen, so I've got that one. Nutrition also in the kitchen, and I'm doing ok there. Just need to get the strength work in.

9gzwb31lkc91.png