BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Andrew! A tapper!!!! I have 10 years of tap experience! Oh, I could just hug you. I took tap classes with a boy (and about 15 girls) for 3 years & the poor thing just hated it. He had the classic "stage mom" that had 2 boys & took all her girly energy (including sequin costumes) out on him. I'm sure he's in counseling somewhere these days. Did you like it!? Oh, and a little correction. I'm not "busy"...I'm more of "crazy" :laugh: Seriously. I do the dumbest things just to make myself busier. It's only getting worse as the kids get older, though so I better get used to it!

Janie - Holla! We went to Bob Evans for dinner. Mama needed the night off. Grilled chicken breast, baked potato with a tablespoon of sour cream & a piece of banana nut bread (which I'm sure was more cals than the potato & chicken together! Ack!)

Sam - Maybe the spinning is making some crazy muscles in your legs & tushy that are holding some water. The scale is creeping back up on me, too but I'm blaming TOM coming up (I think...I hope) b/c I've burnt somewhere near 3000 cals this week. Jerk scales. *hugs*

Edit: I just checked. I've burned 3493 cals this week in exercise. Yeah. Stupid *kitten* scales.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh my friends, not good, not good. Went out for my mom's birthday and did good at the restaurant but then hours later we went through Dairy Queen drive-thru and I had a banana split. Not only did it make me sick, I went over my calories by 500 calories! :grumble: I knew in the back of my mind when I ordered it, it was not a good choice but I did it anyway.

Tomorrow is another day and will have to kick it back into gear tomorrow. :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, Amanda! 500 cals isn't TOO bad! Plus, you already caught it & you'll correct it tomorrow! *hugs* The belly ache, though...that's no fun. :sick:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam-Sorry the weight it being stubborn and the cupboards are bare and your boss is a jerk. Your a great teammate and friend and if you have taught me one thing it's that for every valley we find ourselves in there is a mountain top just down the road. You've climbed alot of mountains to get here and I know the scale will move again.

Tresa- Sounds like you really enjoy your dance class! I would love to do a class with Beth but the kids and work keep us sooooo busy. Want to know a scary confession that very few men would be willing to make..... I have 5 years of Tap and 4 years of Jazz under my belt. and yes dancing is GREAT excercise.

Peace out girl scouts!
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

So this is what I have figured out. Running really makes me feel better when I get stressed out! I just wish that I could get to the treadmill right when I get stressed out instead of having to wait hours. I jogged for an hour and five minutes and burned 700 calories!!:noway: :noway:

Thank you andrew for the nice words I might have cried a little.:cry: People always tell me that they think I am mean when they first meet me and I think it's because I'm not one to hide my feelings and if I don't like you you will know it and if you don't like me I could give a *kitten*!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: but then once they get to know me they really like me. :happy:

My hubs scary confession is that he is a theater geek. He played the dentist in Little shop of horrors and he would have had danny in grease if he didn't dance like frankenstien!!!:laugh: :noway: No he really does!

Check these pics out.
    http://www.flaglerplayhouse.com/photo-websites/lsh-website/index.html
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    How fun, Sam! My husband doesn't have any deep dark man secrets like that...his one true obsession is fishing & he'll be happy to tell you anything you want to know about it. *eye roll*

I'm glad you've found jogging as a stress release! Good job on the great calorie burn! Woo hoooo!

I never though you were mean, for the record. You & I kicked some butt in the song lyric game so you were good people to me. :bigsmile:

:heart:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    So this is what I have figured out. Running really makes me feel better when I get stressed out! I just wish that I could get to the treadmill right when I get stressed out instead of having to wait hours. I jogged for an hour and five minutes and burned 700 calories!!:noway: :noway:

Thank you andrew for the nice words I might have cried a little.:cry: People always tell me that they think I am mean when they first meet me and I think it's because I'm not one to hide my feelings and if I don't like you you will know it and if you don't like me I could give a *kitten*!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: but then once they get to know me they really like me. :happy:

My hubs scary confession is that he is a theater geek. He played the dentist in Little shop of horrors and he would have had danny in grease if he didn't dance like frankenstien!!!:laugh: :noway: No he really does!

Check these pics out.
    http://www.flaglerplayhouse.com/photo-websites/lsh-website/index.html

Oh how fun!! I used to do theater in high school but didn't any more after that... it's such a blast!!

I'm glad that running made you feel better ... {{{Sam}}} ... you've got a lot of stress on you right now ... be good to yourself!

:heart: Tresa
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Today when I told my mom that Dave had said I looked like death warmed over, he tried to correct what he said. He was like, “No, I mean because you were walking all stiff like a zombie.” :huh:

Welcome, FC. Are you going to do the challenges with us too?

Marla – Wow! You ARE being positive! Thanks. Now I feel much better.

Sara – Woo hoo! Go you! Good feeling trying on a bathing suit that fits huh? See the reason you haven’t lost is because you burned 3493 calories. It takes 3500 calories to burn 1 pound of fat. As soon as you burn 7 more calories you will be good to go. :huh: Right? Isn't that the way it works? (Note to black teamers: This is why I do not give out fitness advice.)

Roni – I’ve never been coordinated enough to do tennis. I see the ball coming, I swing at it…and I completely miss it.

Shuntae – Another show-off getting all 3 new things in with plenty of time to spare. :laugh:

Jeannie – This sounds really bad but my tub is not clean enough to use for a bath. That is why I take showers. Sorry if TMI or now you think I'm all gross.

Tresa – The only reason I’ve heard of “lindy hop” is because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I would love to be able to dance and I really wanted to take lessons with Dave before our wedding. He said no. :grumble:

Sam – I know food in the house is fair game but I hate when I plan to eat something only to see that Dave finished it off first without telling me so I could buy more. P.S. I’m sorry your boss is the :devil:

Lynnie – Those pictures are so wrong! But yea! On the overweight!

Amanda – Good attitude about going over your calories! I wish I could be like that.

Dave and I went to the show my cousin is working on. It was cool. I love watching people dance and it's all Billy Joel music so nice and beat-y. (Not to be confused with beets like the yucky purple things.) Plus my cousin got us great seats like 8 rows from the stage. We dropped Harley off with my mom and then everybody met us to eat after the show

The restaurant kept telling us our table would be ready next (We had 7 people) but then kept seating other big parties (5, 6, 8) before us. Then I thought I'd get a lot of food and take some home. I got spaghetti and it wasn't that much at all. My meatballs were burnt and the waitress brought the spaghetti covered in sauce not sauce on the side like I'd asked. We kinda had to rush through dinner so my cousin could get back for his next show. So even though it was nice to visit, I was kinda in a cruddy mood after that.

After we got home, I put in my food, thinking I'd done decently. (I skipped the bread, had water to drink, and didn't have dessert.) I was still over by a couple hundred calories! So that made me feel even cruddier. So what did I do? I went upstairs and shoved one after another NutriGrain bars in my mouth. 5 bars and 650 calories later, I feel like poop. Now I'm WAY over my calories and so pissed at myself.

I've been doing pretty well lately. But this happens whenever I think I am doing well but I end up going over my calories while not even really enjoying my food then I go crazy and just start stuffing food in my face. Even as I'm doing it, I'm thinking I shouldn't be but the pissed part of me takes over and I do it anyway.

I know tomorrow is a new day but why do I do this and what can I do to NOT do it? Now I have a headache and a :sick: tummy and I just want to :sad: .
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Evening folks. =)

Sam-Sorry the weight it being stubborn and the cupboards are bare and your boss is a jerk. Your a great teammate and friend and if you have taught me one thing it's that for every valley we find ourselves in there is a mountain top just down the road. You've climbed alot of mountains to get here and I know the scale will move again.

Sarah- Man you are a busy woman lol.

Elisabeth (fitness chic)-You are hereby required to be an honorary member of this team. =)

Jeannie and Lynn-I LOVE TENNIS. been a long time since I have played. You guys will love it.

Tresa- Sounds like you really enjoy your dance class! I would love to do a class with Beth but the kids and work keep us sooooo busy. Want to know a scary confession that very few men would be willing to make..... I have 5 years of Tap and 4 years of Jazz under my belt. and yes dancing is GREAT excercise.

Roni- You should be getting a little suprise in the mail any day now ;)

Well it's just about time for me to head off to the gym. I will talk to you all later!

Peace out girl scouts!
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

All you folks with little ones ... we really didn't get out and do much when the girls were little. Getting a babysitter every once in a while is a great thing to do so you can get out and remember who that person is that you are married to ... and one day before you know it they'll be all grown up and you can go out and kick up your heels! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I had found dancing long ago ... it is such fun! I think it is just way cool that you took tap & jazz all that time, Andrew ... you will be all set for when you guys want to go dancing!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lori - start driving west & I'll start driving east. When we run into each other, I'll give you a BIG hug! I SO know how you feel! I blew my cals today, too (I thought I did good....turns out I was very very horribly wrong...:grumble:). I'm eyeing the girl scout cookies as we speak.

Anyways, what I've found that helps the "i wanna stuff my face and cry" feeling is doing something else with my hands (like umm...typing on MFP. :laugh:) or drinking a big mug of hot herbal tea. It makes me feel like I'm getting a treat with only minimal cals b/c I only put about a teaspoon of honey in it. Something else I try to do is do the math in my head before I get the food out. If I ate 1 cookie, it would be 45 cals...if I ate the box...welll..you know. *sigh* It IS a vicious cycle, is it not?! You can do this, Lori! You've done so good this far! *hugs*

Oh, and BTW, we stopped going to the Spaghetti Warehouse that is here b/c they SUCK. It used to be SO good when we were growing up, but everything has gone SO far down hill. BLECK.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

All you folks with little ones ... we really didn't get out and do much when the girls were little. Getting a babysitter every once in a while is a great thing to do so you can get out and remember who that person is that you are married to ... and one day before you know it they'll be all grown up and you can go out and kick up your heels! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I had found dancing long ago ... it is such fun! I think it is just way cool that you took tap & jazz all that time, Andrew ... you will be all set for when you guys want to go dancing!

Doug & I were just talking about what we'll be doing in 20 years when none of them live here any more. :laugh: One good bonus about cramming them all together in age...they'll all be out of the house at the same time! Although, I'm sure I'll be :sad: for a few days...weeks...okay, okay, YEARS once they are gone, at least I'll be able to go out & do things without worrying about losing someone! LOL
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    So what did I do? I went upstairs and shoved one after another NutriGrain bars in my mouth. 5 bars and 650 calories later, I feel like poop. Now I'm WAY over my calories and so pissed at myself.

Wow the next time you want to stuff that many nutrigrain bars in your mouth remember what your intestine and bum will feel like the next day:noway: :noway: :noway: !! If we don't hear from you for a couple days I will know why!!!:laugh: :laugh:

M loves those cereal bars but we had to cut her back because she stopped Pooing!! Remember that the next time lori!! This makes me laugh and feel for you at the same time!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :laugh: Only parents can sit around & talk about pooping without missing a beat in the conversation. HA! Poor M!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    So what did I do? I went upstairs and shoved one after another NutriGrain bars in my mouth. 5 bars and 650 calories later, I feel like poop. Now I'm WAY over my calories and so pissed at myself.

Wow the next time you want to stuff that many nutrigrain bars in your mouth remember what your intestine and bum will feel like the next day:noway: :noway: :noway: !! If we don't hear from you for a couple days I will know why!!!:laugh: :laugh:

M loves those cereal bars but we had to cut her back because she stopped Pooing!! Remember that the next time lori!! This makes me laugh and feel for you at the same time!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Okay, I've had one at a time before and never had any poopage problems. Hopefully, I'm good. When I said "I feel like poop" I didn't mean "I need to poop but can't" :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Okay, I've had one at a time before and never had any poopage problems. Hopefully, I'm good. When I said "I feel like poop" I didn't mean "I need to poop but can't" :laugh:

There was one day that I couldn't get M to eat anything but those all day long and the next day was miserable! :grumble: :frown:
    you might not be able to tomorrow!:noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Oh and you all will now call me THE QUEEN!! :laugh:

Princess madison jasmine stinkmiester says to me tonight your not mamma anymore you are now "the queen"

I was told I have to call her Princess Madison Jasmine I added the stinkmiester part! :laugh:

Hubs is either the king prince phillip or your majesty! She is a Bull in a princess dress!:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Quick! Grab the prunes!
  • loreeb18
    Options

There was one day that I couldn't get M to eat anything but those all day long and the next day was miserable! :grumble: :frown:
    you might not be able to tomorrow!:noway: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess it's a wait and see. :noway: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Princess madison jasmine stinkmiester says to me tonight your not mamma anymore you are now "the queen"

I was told I have to call her Princess Madison Jasmine I added the stinkmiester part! :laugh:

Hubs is either the king prince phillip or your majesty! She is a Bull in a princess dress!:bigsmile: :blushing:

Aww! That's so cute! I just get, "mama, I'm gonna bulldoze you!" Yeah. My 3yo thinks he's heavy machinery. *eye roll*

When T was born, my MIL asked "her" what her nickname would be b/c my neice is nicknamed "the princess". I was high on hormones & said, "Well, I guess T will just have to be the queen, then!" BWAHAHAHA!

Okay, off to bed. I'm sure you're all done with my pointless stories anyways. LOL
  • loreeb18
    Options

Queen Jillian Sam. "Now workout or I will have you beheaded!"
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Quick! Grab the prunes!

I don't have any calories left for prunes! :noway: :laugh: