After a year - over 150lbs lost - learned a few things

2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Awesome post is awesome
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    I'm so happy for you and full of respect for what you accomplished. I enjoyed reading your post. You have a beautiful perspective on things. Wishes for continued success! :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    gremloBBPT wrote: »
    I'm so happy for you and full of respect for what you accomplished. I enjoyed reading your post. You have a beautiful perspective on things. Wishes for continued success! :)

Thanks. I have continued my path and this has been another big drop year although not as big as my first nor should it have been. Enough spoiler alerts... my second year update is only a few weeks away. :wink:

Way to drum up interest :wink:

HEY! That one person who is so bored they have nothing better to do than read my internet jibber jabber might want to know more is coming!
    At least your internet jibber jabber is superior to most other internet jibber jabber.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    gremloBBPT wrote: »

Thanks. I have continued my path and this has been another big drop year although not as big as my first nor should it have been. Enough spoiler alerts... my second year update is only a few weeks away. :wink:

d1a714dc305faf6f943c83b1a13a1a91.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,552 Member
    Waiting on updates 🤔
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Excellent, inspiring post! Congratulations!

Regarding #2 I stopped chasing happiness and simply accepted the present for what it is. If I want to change the future I set about making plans and making that happen, but for today - I'm good.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Bump accomplished. Thank you @NovusDies for writing this post. Your message is so important. I'm excited to see your update.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited September 2021
    speyerj wrote: »
    Just found this and I think it needs a bump. Especially this:

"It is also about forgiving yourself for gaining weight in the first place. This may not apply to everyone but I certainly tried to punish myself in previous attempts to lose weight. It is hard to try and be kind to myself and happy today while holding a grudge against myself. I had to let it go."

The shame I felt for losing and then regaining 100 pounds was pretty intense and it stopped me from getting back on the wagon. I'm glad that I figured out if I was going to be successful in this journey, I had to kick shame out of my path or I was going to trip over it.

@bmeadows380 wrote "I can relate to this especially. I've been fighting the war with weight for years myself...
    (See post bmeadows made above for deleted sections)
    ...And sometimes, once in a while, I get my heart away from focusing on the forest to see a tree now and then - such as noticing how small my jeans are getting compared to before and that I do look kind of nice in that new dress....."

**New member here, reading old posts - I copied this section from the first post "I have been losing the weight loss war for 3 decades. I have had a few temporary battle wins but the war had gone badly up until last year. I have believed many myths and felt personally cursed. I have never had a sustainable plan." to comment on as well.

It is so hard to forgive oneself for not figuring it out sooner or stopping the regain. Cannot get the years back, but really happy to feel like I finally know how to proceed, and I have learned so much! Every failure has brought me to today.

@NovusDies - hi, thank you for so eloquently expressing what could have originated in my head!

Can you please post a link to your year 2 update here? I have no idea how to find it and would love to read it too.

Thank you also for your many contributions to this board and sharing your journey. Blessings.
  • I love this!