Women 200lb+, Let's Jump-Start This January!!!

Options

Replies

• torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 , I’m happy to hear you’re feeling better! I hope you enjoy tonight and no tornadoes hear your way. And thank you, I’m slowly starting to feel better. I’m trying to rest up in hopes that’ll help me feel better faster.

@BrownSugar174, I understand! Sounds like a great way to figure out new things to eat and try.

@Aerohead21, it’s just one pancake, you’re okay! I have zero self-control around things I really like, too. I bought one of those one pint ice creams last night thinking (haha) that I would split it into portions and that did not happen. Luckily, it fit in my calorie goals, so it wasn’t the worst, but I was still disappointed I didn’t show better self-control. It’s a learning process. Like you said, it’s not possible to lose overnight.

@mmdeveau, thank you for mentioning that. I’ve been trying to get more into podcasts and that sounds like a good place to start.

• Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @speyerj you are on a roll!!
  • gelatinouscube
    gelatinouscube Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @Aerohead21 I also can't stop at one! One of the few benefits of living by myself is I can reduce the temptations in the kitchen. However if I buy biscuits/cake/etc, look out!!

@kali31337 Sounds like a great routine you've got going. Good luck for Feb :)
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I make home versions of things like General Tso's chicken for my boyfriend who had WLS and can't eat all the sugar. My results are that homemade is SO much better, it's not that complicated to do, and it also tastes good if the meat in it is naked, just stirfried in a pan to cook before going into the sauce. (Of course batterfried is tasty, but not always desired.)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @mmdeveau - regarding squishy fat, yes! I was all squishy and had the spare tire ring and then, whoosh! You should post the link about squishy fat and whooshes here. It was so helpful to me at the time. And it definitely rings true to my experience. Every couple of weeks I get all squishy, then I drop weight.