Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

60 yrs and up

Replies

• slade51slade51 Member Posts: 83 Member Member Posts: 83 Member
    Welcome, and good luck. Slow and steady is the right way.
  • getthebabebackgetthebabeback Member Posts: 45 Member Member Posts: 45 Member
    Good morning, at least it is here in Eastern Australia, though somewhat smokey skies but hey only 33C today (almost 92F). All aboard, the more the merrier, we are all here for the same purpose. This morning while prepping brekky, I was thinking that I had been doing this for months and should be seeing better results and then thought, hang on this is only day 6. Suddenly it seemed like an overwhelming task but I reminded myself to be patient and persistent. Have a productive day wherever you are. B)
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 878 Member Member Posts: 878 Member
    You can do it!
    edited January 13
    Good morning! All quiet on the western front again I see. The end of week 1 and the scales (who are very fickle) say my weight has dropped 1.4 KG. I weigh daily so that I am familiar with the way my body can fluctuate from day to day. So, while happy that it is less than when I started, I am aware that this number is probably not that accurate in terms of genuine weight loss BUT it is far enough away from my starting weight to see there has been a drop. Time will start to produce truer readings.
    So, I hope you all have a positive day regardless of the things that time and your body have left you to work with. Cheers.
  • pippo_11pippo_11 Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Good morning! All quiet on the western front again I see. The end of week 1 and the scales (who are very fickle) say my weight has dropped 1.4 KG. I weigh daily so that I am familiar with the way my body can fluctuate from day to day. So, while happy that it is less than when I started, I am aware that this number is probably not that accurate in terms of genuine weight loss BUT it is far enough away from my starting weight to see there has been a drop. Time will start to produce truer readings.
    So, I hope you all have a positive day regardless of the things that time and your body have left you to work with. Cheers.

I have “Weigh-in Wednesday”, so that’s the only day I weigh myself. I then wait for the next Wednesday to verify my weight has actually dropped, then I’ll log the first Wednesday as a true weight.
    Wow nice to see some chat on this site, we all have things to overcome as well as our goal to reduce weight. Welcome to the new 'faces'.
    Bookmarking this page: at the top of the page on the right hand side there are three icons, a bell (notifications), a star (hit this to bookmark the page) and a wheel/cog (to mess around with settings). When you hit that star, a yellow one appears on the right hand side level with the name of this group.
    Logging food: what an eye opener this is! Worth doing as it is so easy to kid yourself that you have not overeaten. I have learned this from experience by saying, 'oh a couple of crackers can't be that much' until I log them! Sometimes I log before I eat then I can see the impact, then put the food away and delete the entry.
    This site: best way I have found to learn about this site is to just explore it and have a look under the headings. you can't do anything 'wrong' but you do fond some interesting things. Sometimes I never find them again though! Keep looking.
    Yep we all need to make serious changes to the way we operate if we are to be successful. My mum is deteriorating with heart failure also and that is not a path I want to take.
    fm6cajo8z0cs.jpg

Hi another new face! you must be a northern Hemisphere person. Currently the sun is not setting till after 8pm here but going outside has been a no no due to heat and smoke! At present, the idea of a long winter sounds great! Must be great to be so close to GW! The dreaded munchies and it is so tempting not to log them! ;)
    Well bed time here, I have both grandsons in the morning for a few hours, 3ys and the other 9 months....too much energy! Stay strong everyone.
  • mullanphylanemullanphylane Member Posts: 127 Member Member Posts: 127 Member
    Wow! Thirty pounds in one day? HOW?! 🤦‍♂️ 🤣
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 878 Member Member Posts: 878 Member
    Finally lost a lb I have doubled my exercises so I should hope so, tonight granddaughter who is 4 is staying so it's a dance night to burn some calories!
    Good luck everyone hope you can burn some too!
  • Timberlan127Timberlan127 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    The scale can certainly be the enemy some days!!! LOL But then there are the days after a successful week when it can also make us smile and feel great achievement. 😅 Wishing everyone success!!
  • barnwpkbarnwpk Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 60. Trying to loose 25 pounds.