Welcome New Members!

Replies

• pamelina1010
    pamelina1010 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! Been on MFP for a while. Ready to make those 2017 nutrition and fitness goals a reality in 2020. :p Looking for late 30 year olds wanting to support and encourage each other. Hugs!
    Pam
  • clou_smith
    clou_smith Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm hoping to lose 5st by the end of the year. Weighed myself after christmas and I was 15st. Oops. Started a keto diet this week. I'm hoping this radical change can help me keep the weight off. I once lost 3 stone by using a wii fit every day. And got down to a healthy 10st and a size 12. I'd love to do that again and stick there :) good luck to all here!
  • mgaines74
    mgaines74 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everybody, on my journey to lose 125 lbs. I have a personal trainer since November 2019. I have to get my eating under control. I'm doing better with that but still have room for improvement.
  • mjaywhite
    mjaywhite Posts: 4 Member
    I joined a few weeks ago. As a retired medical professional, I have decided to monitor my food choices for a healthy life style. Thanks for the support.
  • connors0009
    connors0009 Posts: 4 Member
    Good morning 🌞 would love to be your gmy instructor and also get to learn more from you if you don’t mind ,
    Hope we can assist each other on our goals if we try , And I also want a good body this 2020
    Kindly let me know if we can possibly
    Get our goals achieved this year

💯💯
  • FORCEDREP5
    FORCEDREP5 Posts: 30 Member
    Hey guys. Was on MFP a few years ago, thought I'd come back and hopefully connect with like minded people to share mutual fitness support, and help burning off all those xmas treats :)

Feel free to say hi and add me
  • MarKimple
    MarKimple Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! Looking to lose about 10 vanity pounds, but they’re being stubborn and I’m finding it super difficult
  • taylorybarra97
    taylorybarra97 Posts: 2 Member
    Back after awhile and determined to not only lose weight but also lose fear, anxiety, negativity etc! Today is day 3 for me and I really cannot wait to watch myself succeed!! Feel free to add me!
  • madisonahaynes
    madisonahaynes Posts: 1 Member
    hello guys!! im new to mfp and super excited to start this new journey!! i could really use some friends for support and motivation while i try to be healthy again. living in a college dorm makes it quite hard to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle 😂
  • Bg52de
    Bg52de Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone im New tot he community ive not long joinned the fitness Rooms in newcastle were i live on a 8 week program called fit your strong!
    Ive done 3 boot camps a week for the firsty week and im resting at the moment my calorie intake is 1,800 a day and im struggling with the amount of meat i eat and my fats OmG ! im a Carbs person i didnt relaise this untill i joinned this app and loked at my intake. so wonder ive got so fat since ive hit 30 metabolism has totally changed.:)
  • Bg52de
    Bg52de Posts: 3 Member
    crb1770 wrote: »
    Hi all! I’m new - I’ve come over from SparkPeople and am excited to explore MFP. I’m trying to lose 25 pounds. I turn 50 in July and want to be healthier as I look forward to entering my 50s! I wish you all a Happy Happy New Year!

i need to lose 26 ive just turned 30 good luck x dee
  • Gregzy182
    Gregzy182 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, newly started this app, loving it already and starting to get the buzz from weighing my food and making sure I get my macros right.. love that you can log your workout and track your progress so easily..
    Always looking for motivation so feel free to add me.. would love to see what everyone else is eating and doing to help inspire me to achieve my goals..
    Greg from Glasgow
    Scotland
  • inspiredjen34
    inspiredjen34 Posts: 63 Member
    Motivation is something I have slacked. I would like some help and pushing me, I will help push back.
  • Kidnp795
    Kidnp795 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi guys. I just started this journey on MFP on 1/6/20. Between me and the program, and a nutritionist, they want me to lose ~30 lbs. While that sounds like a relatively small amount, I have not been able to lose this weight, and it shows. Mainly around my fat gut and face. Lipid panel is obscene!

I’ll be 65 on the 28th, am basically a slug, except at work. BC of my ‘advanced age, I just became eligible for Silver Sneakers, a program as part of our MEDICARE Advantage plan, that lets me go to as many gyms as I want for free. I can take all the classes, use all the machines. First step, which was the big one. I actually went to the gym a few of the women from Church go to, to pickup the application! At least I’ll know people.

I’ve put it on my calendar to go to gym in a.m., to bring back the application; after I get done ripping Suntrust for sending $867 to God only knows who, when it was supposed to go to Medicare. The only way I know the bank screwed up, but didn’t tell me, was when I printed out a copy of the online check they sent. Idk why an electronic transfer wasn’t done.

My husbands goes by EFT in 2 days, if I ever have to make a change to the amount. For some reason, it’s set up to auto-draft the same amount every month, which it does. But about every two months or so, we get a late notice, and they are looking for less than $2.00. Even though they were paid the amount on the first bill. It’s easier to pay these small amounts than to call and have them potentially screw everything up.

When I first viewed the copy of the online check, it had been endorsed, my name re-written on front. Only after printing it, did I see “This transaction could not be completed. please call Suntrust”. WTH. Why didn’t they call me? And why was that info not visible unless the check was printed out? Thinking I was missing something. I closed down the program, reopened it. Same thing. Even in print preview the message was not visible. This was on my desktop Mac.

The money was deducted from our account. The only reason I was looking into it, was because I received a bill on Saturday that I’m late on January, and now Feb is due before 1/25/2020. God, I hope Suntrust can figure this out without my having to go to the MEDICARE office. Went there when I signed up to ask a question. Ended up leaving with my question unanswered. Called their 800 number ‘4 hr wait for next available customer service agent’. Hung up. Called again in about 30 min. Hold time 10 min! Question answered right away. Makes the DMV look like a bright, sunny day at the beach!

I’ll have to figure out how to upload a pix. It’s usually a picture of my dog, a miniature pincher, barking her head off, trying to look all vicious! Unfortunately, her days are very numbered, and I can’t make “the decision”. Today she had another bad day, didn’t eat. Does this about 1X/wk. she’s ~15+ years old. We don’t know exactly, as she is a rescue dog we’ve had since 2007.

She’s got a bad heart murmur, went blind very quickly in her left eye, sees shadows from right, stone deaf, also fairly quickly. Like 6 mo or less. Arthritis is hitting her. She’s on 8 pills a day. When I can get them into her.

I pray for God to let her ‘wake up in heaven’, so I don’t have to make the decision.

So, on that cheery note, I will say good night, and hi! I need so much help and motivation it is not even funny.

Thanks,
    Karen
  • aliceire01
    aliceire01 Posts: 2 Member
    Lets give this a shot.. ☺
  • daveejane2020
    daveejane2020 Posts: 13 Member

Hey
    Here is my story so last year I started my weight loss, I joined mfp I was 17 and half stone! I managed to get down to my goal weight of 13st, but due to a change in my circumstances I had to stop going out on my bike due to a relationship brake down.
    And being a mummy also I didn’t have time to go out. Since then I have put 1st on. I am very self conscious of my body and my weight. I have rejoined mfp to try and loose my weight I am in a better place mentally. I feel awful in myself that I have put weight back on to the point it’s making me even more self conscious. New friends would be appreciated x
  • lumbeegurl5
    lumbeegurl5 Posts: 3 Member
    Not exactly a new member, but starting again! Had baby number 3, 11 months ago and I'm ready to get ride of the weight. Looking for friends help me along way inspire me. To give guidance and direction as this is all still new ☺️
  • rio171004
    rio171004 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all, not so new to this app, but recently getting more intense to use the app to count my calories intake.
    Planning to get 12% of body fat in this 2020, hope it works.. :D

-Cheers-
  • daniellegreer735
    daniellegreer735 Posts: 7 Member
    How do i add friends?
  • iam_nessa
    iam_nessa Posts: 17 Member
    Feel free to add me :)