Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• ScrambledPawnScrambledPawn Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    Hey everyone;
    I'm not new to dieting but started using MFP to log calories about 3 weeks ago now. I started my journey in early 2018 as a 458lb pre-diabetic with high cholesterol and hypertensive blood pressure and currently sitting at 282.4 with another 100+ to go so I'm hoping this helps me to stay accountable. I managed to save myself before I got too deep and plan to never go back to the person I was; hope you guys are successful in your journeys too, however long or rocky they've been!
  • mbchehadembchehade Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Hello, I am new here. looking forward to it. been a successful 2 weeks so far. it is exciting!
  • brad658htbrad658ht Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Hello everyone I’m new on here 60 year old widow also a pharmacist. I am hoping to meet new friends who can inspire me and encourage me so feel free to add me up so we can encourage each other cos I know this new journey of mine can’t be done alone so we all need to join hands together to motivate and encourage each other . God bless
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 209Member Member Posts: 209Member Member
    Hi all, been here a while losing lb a week nice and steady but getting there, logging food is helping me keep on track.
  • _elidico_elidico Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Today is my first day of my fitness journey! Excited!
  • doxiemom776doxiemom776 Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    Hi, I just started on here. I have been extremely ill, ICU on a Ventilator. Before that, fell down a 20ft staircase and demolished my knee. Had botched knee surgery and have been in Agony. I cannot walk, no one will give me Pain Meds. I have gained a lot of weight. I finally sat down with my Doctor and told him, I could not go on like this anymore. The Thoracic Surgeon who treated me in the ICU told me that, it will be a minimum of 6 months, before I am back to normal. Going out is a major production and I end up so wiped out, I sleep for 16 hours. I really am glad, I picked this App to help me. I have a problem with not eating, I just am not hungry. So, my Doctor also likes this app and we agreed that I will set an alarm to remind me to EAT.
  • salamerican204salamerican204 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    New to the app. Looking forward to using it and having accountability from the forum
  • EmLeeB13EmLeeB13 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi 👋🏼 day 1 here! 4/26/18- now I have lost 50lbs doing part myself, and part on weight watchers. Appreciate any notes or advice 💜
  • Joana_ElenaJoana_Elena Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi everybody! :)
    This is probably my first blog post ever! I have decided (once again) to get fit.
    But this time I want to use the power of the community, so all of you. ;)
  • mokosu1mokosu1 Posts: 5Member, Premium Member Posts: 5Member, Premium Member
    Good Day

Looking to lose weight but maintain strength with cario/strength training. I am researching on the macronutrients. appreciate advice ect
  • weasel2424weasel2424 Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2019 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

Hi everyone..I've been a member, just never got involved on the community aspect. Hopefully I can receive the motivation I need when i'm slacking!!!
  • OzpodgeOzpodge Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Cheers from Australia!
  • fitsthemoldfitsthemold Posts: 67Member Member Posts: 67Member Member
    Hi, I’m new in town feel free to add me, I would appreciate some friends.
  • jmsulliv87jmsulliv87 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hi everyone. Type 2 diabetic for a few years now, and need to finally take it seriously and take control back. Stepping out of my comfort zone a bit with the whole community thing but I have to step out and get involved. Staying on the sidelines without any motivation or accountability hasn’t done my health any good.
    edited August 15
  • Gregoryj06Gregoryj06 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Hi I just joined and I am very excited About joining the discussion and being involved in this great community!
  • intannor5340intannor5340 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Hi all.. Been on a yoyo weight loss and gain these last few years.. Now i am at my heaviest weight.. Determine to lead a healthier life.. 😘😘
  • geomatiqgeomatiq Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Sup people excited to start a new healthy life style. Sad to not eat junk food and ice cream.
  • earthtowillearthtowill Posts: 5Member, Premium Member Posts: 5Member, Premium Member
    Hi guys! Add me... looking loads of motivation!!! :)
  • lodhadeslodhades Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Hello and welcome,enjoy stay here
  • sjaldworth879sjaldworth879 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    hi I’m a lifetime unsuccessful dieter, I’ve just lost a stone with SlimmingWorld but have stalled and as my husband has lost 2 stone calorie counting, I thought I’d give it a go, I promised myself that2019 wou,d be the last year I’d be overweight and I’ve still got 2 1/2 stone to ,lose