How do you get over people not liking you?

Options
cyaneverfat
cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
I take it too personally, have an intense desire to know why people don't like me and most of the time can't work out why someone doesn't like me. It results in me not liking me.

Yes, me, me, me. I saw it too lol.

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    How do you know they don’t like you?

If you know for sure that they don’t like you, why not just ask them?

• cyaneverfat
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Good question... they might spit in my face?
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I've always been a people pleaser. :( Whenever I feel like I've let someone down I feel disappointed in myself. It's always been important for me to think everybody likes me, or at least doesn't dislike me. :/ I think I've gotten a bit better about it as I've aged; little things don't upset as much and I've realistically come to realize you can't please everybody. :) We're all different. Another thing that's helped is I realize 'to everything there is a season'. Sounds corny but some people come into our lives for mere seconds, others hours/days, etc. and some stay for the rest of our lives.
    We need to feel more secure in who WE are, learn to know we're okay no matter what anyone else thinks. :)

Sounds good. I wish some people had hung around. Nothing worse than rejection from former friends.
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    Master the art of liking yourself and really not giving a *kitten* about what others think.

How? do you have a 1 2 3 guide?
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    We can't expect to be liked by everyone, just like we don't like everyone automatically we come across.
    As I get older I care less about being liked, just wish I'd felt this way years ago!

I definately dislike some people so it's curious that I feel discomfort when others don't like me. I wish I cared less, it would have saved me a lot of grief.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options

God didn’t give you an elbow for no reason.

You didn’t answer my question. Are these people you have to deal with on a daily basis?

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Therapy can be helpful if that’s possible for you and something you’re open to.
  • cyaneverfat
    Options

You didn’t answer my question. Are these people you have to deal with on a daily basis?

Oh sorry. I didn't see the question. One person I see daily and they are terrible. The feeling is mutual though.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Oh sorry. I didn't see the question. One person I see daily and they are terrible. The feeling is mutual though.

If it's just one person & neither of you care about each other, I'm confused, why is this an issue? What is it you have to deal with? Are you unsure how to deal with this person when you see each other because it's on a daily basis? If that's the case, just be civil (if there's eye contact, say hello, if not, walk on by) & go about your day.
    MichSmish wrote: »

I agree with MS. You mentioned in another post that you are bi-polar bordering on Asperger's & that meds are tough, when trying to find the perfect balance. Maybe this desire to hyper-focus is due to not yet having the perfect balance? Since you need meds, I'm assuming you see a psychiatrist on the regular, since counselors/psychologists cannot prescribe meds? Is this something you can bring up with him/her?

Good luck. I know it's challenging, but I admire your desire to be your best.
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

If it's just one person & neither of you care about each other, I'm confused, why is this an issue? What is it you have to deal with? Are you unsure how to deal with this person when you see each other because it's on a daily basis? If that's the case, just be civil (if there's eye contact, say hello, if not, walk on by) & go about your day.

It's a lot more than one person, but only one person I interact with often. It's not optional because it's family.
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    MichSmish wrote: »

You mentioned in another post that you are bi-polar bordering on Asperger's & that meds are tough, when trying to find the perfect balance.

Good luck. I know it's challenging, but I admire your desire to be your best.

When I said it was a challenge getting the right meds, I was referring to everyone with Bipolar, not just me. My current level of meds has been working for me since I got prescribed them, but they have possibly contributed to me gaining weight or struggling to lose it. That being said, a day may come when they need to be adjusted or completely changed to keep working.

And thank you.
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    I finally learned that not everything is about me and others opinions of me is none of my business. I used to be hurt when people didn't like me but these days, I just don't care. It's not worth my time to worry about what others think of me. Take me or leave me. My true friends care and that is all that counts.

I hope I'm like you one day!
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like you