What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Roasted pepper soup and gluten free open faced cheese toast
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2020
    French onion soup. I caramelized the onions in the slow cooker. Takes a while, but super easy, and delicious. Low calorie without the French bread and cheese on top the rest of the family had.
    Great for the winter storm we are in the midst of this weekend.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Shrimp and pea risotto. Made with arborio rice, cream, frozen shrimp, frozen peas, EVOO, veg broth and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • Bluejay61
    Bluejay61 Posts: 28 Member
    The last thing I cooked (as in not from frozen or cans!) was a batch of turkey chili yesterday. I use Jenny-O extra lean ground turkey, fresh yellow corn, red sweet peppers, organic no-salt crushed tomatoes, sweet Vidalia onions, fresh garlic cloves, olive oil, oregano, basil, and parsley. I store it in my fridge fresh, and it's good for about three days.

No added salt or pepper, so people can just season to taste. This has become my go-to, super easy food for convenience, great nutrition, low-fat, low-cal, no salt favorite food this winter. Awesome!

9qv3qxjj04r0.jpg
  • Bluejay61
    Bluejay61 Posts: 28 Member
    Do you know how hard it was to only eat 1/2 of one of those steaks and trimming all the fat? :#
    j3ll0al4mv2a.jpg

WOW! That steak looks perfectly cooked. Nice job and yes, great self-control. LOL :wink:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I prepped two freezer meals to support the hubby who is the weekday cook but struggles with that. This was two portions of coca cola chicken cooling before putting in the freezer.

Brown some chicken pieces in a casserole and set aside. No oil necessary if you are using skin on chicken. Sautee an onion in the same pan and then add minced garlic and fry until fragrant. Toss in 500 ml of regular (not sugar free) coke and 100 ml soy sauce and braise the chicken about 20-25 minutes until done. You can add carrots or any root vegetable or squash that doesn't overcook easily. Put chicken into your freezer containers and turn up the heat to boil the cooking liquid furiously until the sauce turns into a caramelized syruppy mass. Spoon over the chicken. When you warm it up, serve with rice and an asian cucumber salad, or an asian slaw.

fzk6b9bubw00.jpeg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    crystalme1 wrote: »
    I made chicken soup for lunch, and my husband and I made chicken Marengo for dinner. I am not really new to MFP but I am wanting this time to be different. I tried to put my recipes in and was extremely frustrated! I find it very tricky after the third time putting in the recipe for chicken Marengo I gave up. any suggestions? also as I have been on and off MFP for years, this is my longest streak and I am also new to seeking support which so if you read this and feel inclined please add me to friend.

I find it much easier to add recipes using the app on my phone rather than using my laptop. I find it much more user friendly.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    For lunch I made radicchio-ricotta ravioli (boughten not hand made) with a sauce of grated zucchini, radicchio chopped fine, EVOO, a touch of garlic, a touch of pepper, broth crystals--all simmered a couple of minutes in a saucepan, then tossed with the ravioli and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top. This turned out great, and it was so colorful--purple and green. If you can't find radicchio ravioli, substitute cheese ravioli.

Tonight I'm making 7 grain bread grilled cheese, eggs over easy, and spinach that's already wilted tossed in a frying pan with butter and salt.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Poppers for game snacks today. Huge jalapeno peppers at the grocery today. Filled with a mixture of cream cheese and smoked salmon. They're tasty, but the salmon is not really noticeable. What do you use for fillings in poppers? 138mkcdw3z3y.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Sauteed Mushrooms and Sweet Potatoes with Asian Salad. Had it with a Broccoli cheese soup. Meatless Dinner!
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Omelet with one egg, two whites, 1/4 cup each chopped broccoli/mushrooms, pico de Gallo, sliced tomato on side. I meant to take a picture but I ate it before I remembered! I love these posts w. pics--TY!!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Yesterday: potato hash with chicken sausage (not a whole lot - next time I'll use more), onions and diced bell peppers
    Today: pita! Pita dough is proofing and has around another hour
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Chicken salad on sourdough bread for dinner tonight. Leftover chicken breasts, celery, an apple and some toasted slivered almonds. Dressed with mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, horseradish and lime juice. My favorite way to use leftover chicken!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Made burritos last night: Tortillas, refried beans, ground beef, cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes; with rice on the side.
  • Instant pot buffalo chicken lettuce wraps (chicken breasts + frank's buffalo sauce + powdered ranch seasoning + lettuce leaves + bolthouse ranch + diced green onions)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Homemade potato chips and black bean burgers
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    Shredded beef enchiladas and spanish rice
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    hard boiled eggs for egg salad sandwiches