Best way to cook salmon?

2»

Replies

• xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Theres lots of ways to cook it.
    Our favorite is brining it overnight and smoking it all day in thin strips so its comes out like jerky.

Easy, tasty, transportable without being messy.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Another vote for air fryer. I just tried making salmon in mine the other night and this is how it turned out. Prior to getting one I used to sear in cast iron skillet and then finish in a 400 degree rkg2z00g9sau.jpeg
    oven for 15 minutes.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I pan grill mine seasoned with just salt. A mixture of olive oil and butter in the pan. It doesn’t take much so the extra calories aren’t huge, and the added flavor and crispness is worth it. Also, why remove the skin? The skin is the best part!

Salmon is fatty enough to handle being grilled fast over high heat, just keep an eye on it and remove a little early since it will continue to cook for a bit. There’s no excuse for dry, rubbery salmon!
  • SweetMostly
    SweetMostly Posts: 7 Member
    Do you have an instant pot? That is the best way.... cooks it perfect every single time.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    https://www.wellplated.com/soy-ginger-salmon/

I've used this recipe a few times and it is my absolute favorite.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/these-lovely-grilled-salmon-and-lemon/

These kebabs were also really good.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    Quick and Simple: I pan fry (oil of choice, olive oil, butter etc). Simply season prior to cooking with lemon garlic seasoning and cook skin side down about 3-4 minutes, flip and peel skin off and season under skin cooking 2nd side for the same 3-4 minutes. Pans and heat can change cooking time, just watch it and flip when you feel it's ready.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Olive oil in pan with some minced garlic. Saute. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Done.

With a good piece of salmon, keep it simple. It doesn't need a lot of special seasoning.
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    All great ideas. I use a Nuwave Oven season with Lemon Pepper or Salsa or Tony's Cajun or Old Bay drench in lemon juice first.. 8 mins per side I usually err on the side of over cooking (undercooked fish scares me) it's always still good. I'm no chef and prolly have no business in the kitchen but the NuWave is very forgiving. Hard to ruin food with that thing.
  • neilmoomey
    neilmoomey Posts: 33 Member
    I'm spoiled because I catch my own in Alaska. Sockeye, Coho and Chinook mostly. I lay down tin foil on the broiler pan. Salmon skin side down. Add lime juice to prevent it from drying out (except Chinook) add lemon pepper. Set oven to broil for 16 minutes. Coho has less oil so I often pan fry in oil with cajun coating. As mentioned, DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!