I just discovered tortilla pizza .... YUM!

amfmmama
amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
Good size too.... under 500 calories !

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nice! Did you cook or warm the tortilla (corn or flour) before or after adding all the toppings?
    E
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I used a little bit of olive oil in a non stick frying pan. Put the mission flour tortilla, in the pan while I added toppings, and then put it in the oven for 5 minutes. Super quick, super easy
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    Thanks for the info! I may try doing it with corn tortilla since I don't eat wheat. Since the corn tortillas are usually smaller I could do two of them. Yep!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I do this without the pan frying/oil thing. Not sure what benefit that is to the result?

Tortilla on an oven tray, top, bake. Mine comes in at under 230 cals for a large tortilla, but I can see you use way more cheese than I do!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I use Flatout Flatbread. Toast it in the oven a few minutes to crisp up, put on the sauce, chopped veggies, cheese and Italian seasoning. Back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Comes out under 200 calories.

It’s rare that I covet anything to do with American food offerings but I admit that I don’t understand why you guys have so many low carb/calorie bread products where we have barely any!

All I’ve found are a brand called ‘Skinni Wraps’ but, quite honestly, I could tear off a piece of A4 paper from a sketch pad and eat that for all the flavour or texture those have! 😂
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    I buy the small ones, they fit in the air fryer! Makes a good snack. Or fold in half once the toppings are on and toast in the sandwich press.....mmmm cheesy goodness.
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    I’ve been doing these too with the Mission Organics whole wheat. I usually do tomatoes basil and fresh mozzarella in the toaster over. So pretty and delicious.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Veering off a little bit but has anyone tried the frozen cauliflower crusts? I NEED to make myself a pizza and lavish it with cheese, onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, tomatoes, broccoli(did I forget anything?) and call it my own. :)
  • ManOfTheHR
    ManOfTheHR Posts: 2 Member
    I cook this all the time 😋😋😋😋🤤🤤
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Veering off a little bit but has anyone tried the frozen cauliflower crusts? I NEED to make myself a pizza and lavish it with cheese, onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, tomatoes, broccoli(did I forget anything?) and call it my own. :)

YES! I Love Caulipower pizza! My kids love the 4 cheese and I am a big fan of the margherita. Yum! I have also made these homemade, but the Caulipower brand is my go to for frozen.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Planning on one of these tortilla pizzas for dinner tonight. :) Lots of mushrooms, spinach and cheese, small tortilla so hopefully it won't top much over 200 calories. I can't wait!
    I checked out the cauliflower crusts today and they're selling for about 9 bucks for 2 plain crusts. :/ And I didn't want to get the ones already decked out with stuff. :)
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    It all sounds so good. Surprisingly pizza is not one of the foods I really miss, but once in a while it would be okay. I recently discovered Joseph's flax, oat bran & whole wheat pita bread. Not a big fan of tortillas. I think the pita would make a nice pizza.

Tried a pre-made pizza with cauliflower crust one time. It was good, but nothing to droll over. Pita pizza sounds better to me.
  • dg4464
    dg4464 Posts: 15 Member
    Wow that looks delicious