Is it weird?

15791011

Replies

  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,562 Member
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

    We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Is it weird that I am a nose liker?

    I appreciate certain noses

    sz2sxwhznb6m.png

    Is it weird that we have the same name, a similar soft-spoken voice (see the voice thread) & the same hair?
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2020
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    Is it weird that when I buy things like m&m’s, haribo’s ect I always separate by colour/type and not only eat all of one colour/type at a time but even have an certain order that I eat them in.

    I truly believe that folks who do this are metaphorically trying to figure out something, so the act of organization allows them the ritual of figuring it all out. When I need to soul search, it begins with mass cleaning & organizing my apt, paperwork, anything... it helps set the stage for organizing my life.

    Not weird at all & not OCD unless it negatively affects life in some way, i.e. you can't leave the house for an hour or are late for everything cuz you're organizing sugar cubes & have to touch every appliance 3 times.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I won't eat squash or eggplant because I don't like their names

    Is it weird that I put my gummies bears in the freezer before I eat them

    Is it weird I force myself to believe people don't have feet because I don't like feet

    Amen! Feet should not exist! I cant even stand my own feet. I wish we all just flew around.

    Lol. Same & it's almost a phobia. I have the opposite of a foot fetish... I'm repelled by them. My biggest pet peeve is men who wear sandals. I get it... I live in FL. But, giant feet & hair toes just make me want to wretch... sorry, dudes. And, women with giant, wide, hobbit feet in girly sandals, especially sans nail polish... oh, oh, oh.

    I don't outwardly judge people by giving them looks or anything... I just have to avoid looking at said pedibus.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

    We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him

    They are the most gorgeous animals I've ever seen. If I can find a Maine Coon at a shelter, I'm gonna take him/her home!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

    We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him

    They are the most gorgeous animals I've ever seen. If I can find a Maine Coon at a shelter, I'm gonna take him/her home!

    And i love all their quirky coonisms. He would jump to bump foreheads with us and he’d chirp at the birds and oh my gosh his furry feet ❤️
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    Is it weird that when I buy things like m&m’s, haribo’s ect I always separate by colour/type and not only eat all of one colour/type at a time but even have an certain order that I eat them in.

    I truly believe that folks who do this are metaphorically trying to figure out something, so the act of organization allows them the ritual of figuring it all out. When I need to soul search, it begins with mass cleaning & organizing my apt, paperwork, anything... it helps set the stage for organizing my life.

    Not weird at all & not OCD unless it negatively affects life in some way, i.e. you can't leave the house for an hour or are late for everything cuz you're organizing sugar cubes & have to touch every appliance 3 times.

    I expect you to say "Namaste" at the end of all your posts.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Is it weird that I reheat coffee in the microwave?
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Is it weird that I reheat coffee in the microwave?

    No, that's a great idea or if you'll be stationary awhile, get a mug warmer! I love, coffee & tea at any temperature, no matter the weather even!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

    We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him

    They are the most gorgeous animals I've ever seen. If I can find a Maine Coon at a shelter, I'm gonna take him/her home!

    And i love all their quirky coonisms. He would jump to bump foreheads with us and he’d chirp at the birds and oh my gosh his furry feet ❤️

    Stop, you're just crossing over into so-cute-I-have-to-adopt land!

    Namaste @LiftNRiot :smile:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,519 Member
    That I think coffee taste like cigarette ash...
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My work cat has her arms around my neck and is purring and biting my ear...it's *kitten* weird

    We had a Maine Coon growing up and he would do that all the time. I miss him

    They are the most gorgeous animals I've ever seen. If I can find a Maine Coon at a shelter, I'm gonna take him/her home!

    And i love all their quirky coonisms. He would jump to bump foreheads with us and he’d chirp at the birds and oh my gosh his furry feet ❤️

    Stop, you're just crossing over into so-cute-I-have-to-adopt land!

    Namaste @LiftNRiot :smile:
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    a4ppy1wi0gbn.gif
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2020
    That I think coffee taste like cigarette ash...

    :smile: I like how you say that as if ashes taste bad...

    giphy.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,467 Member
    Is it weird that I get really sad or upset when people squish insects just because they can or just because they're in that person's home? Or mine? :(
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Is it weird that I get really sad or upset when people squish insects just because they can or just because they're in that person's home? Or mine? :(

    I get this. We’re “scoop them up and put them back outside” people in my house
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Ill squash every bug i see in my house.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,885 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    Ill squash every bug i see in my house.

    Same. And if I don't do it, I get someone else to do it.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 11,407 Member
    edited January 2020
    Is it weird that I get really sad or upset when people squish insects just because they can or just because they're in that person's home? Or mine? :(

    You DO NOT want to know what my 3rd son did to a cicada once. I was right in the middle of explaining to them how it was about 14-17 years old and how it WAITED ITS WHOLE LIFE to emerge and mate and fulfill its destiny. Then it happened. I don’t normally get too sad about insects. But this was sad.

    Edited to add...he was very young and didn’t understand. Just to clarify.