Is it weird?

Replies

• JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I need to go shop for dinner but don’t want to got out in the cold so I’m sitting here eating cold rice pudding from the can instead?

Not weird at all. Idk where you live but f*** it when it's too cold.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Is it weird that even though I'm fat (let's not kid ourselves here), I don't hate my body and still feel okay about myself?

I mean, I'm here (and have been here) for the same reasons as most of y'all. I want to look at and evaluate what I eat, do the best I can for my body and not gain a bunch of weight (age weight creep is real, y'all). But I'm not unhappy with what I look like. I'm okay that I have a stomach that's not flat, giant hips, a huge *kitten* and I guess what some would call "thunder thighs". I'm just not bothered anymore.

I don’t think it’s weird. At all! I think it’s great! I think it may be more rare to not “hate something” about your body though. For me...comes with age I think. I’m realistic about what my body is, what it has been and what it probably can and can’t be. So if I say....my stomach is MESSED UP from having babies and being fat, it’s not cuz I hate it I’m just being honest. I’m not ashamed of it. But...the way you describe yourself sounds like the ideal shape to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I’m glad you aren’t unhappy with your body. ❤️ To me being TRULY “body positive” is not putting yourself down because of what you think you lack in your body but also loving your body enough to take good care of it. Nice work!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Is it weird that even though I'm fat (let's not kid ourselves here), I don't hate my body and still feel okay about myself?

I mean, I'm here (and have been here) for the same reasons as most of y'all. I want to look at and evaluate what I eat, do the best I can for my body and not gain a bunch of weight (age weight creep is real, y'all). But I'm not unhappy with what I look like. I'm okay that I have a stomach that's not flat, giant hips, a huge *kitten* and I guess what some would call "thunder thighs". I'm just not bothered anymore.

I don’t think it’s weird. At all! I think it’s great! I think it may be more rare to not “hate something” about your body though. For me...comes with age I think. I’m realistic about what my body is, what it has been and what it probably can and can’t be. So if I say....my stomach is MESSED UP from having babies and being fat, it’s not cuz I hate it I’m just being honest. I’m not ashamed of it. But...the way you describe yourself sounds like the ideal shape to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I’m glad you aren’t unhappy with your body. ❤️ To me being TRULY “body positive” is not putting yourself down because of what you think you lack in your body but also loving your body enough to take good care of it. Nice work!

Yes, this.

I've gotten to this point where I'm not even really interested in being thin anymore. If I lose some fat and drop weight, cool. However, that's not what I'm after anymore. I'm after healthy life choices so I'm not condemning myself to an early death by things that were entirely preventable.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Personally, like everyone else, I have a certain body type and look that I’m physically attracted to in a partner. I think size 8,10,12 is good, even size 14 can be pulled off. I don’t like stick thin or obese unless the person is comfortable like that and has a positive attitude. People that are confident and truly happy with themselves will attract more people than those that aren’t. Some obese girls have blown me away with how hot and sexy they look because of their attitude and personality.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I think you are a totally awesome person 💕...

Sometimes I don't honestly know if I've found a hobby, or if I'm searching for peace...
  • JRE_Momof3
    JRE_Momof3 Posts: 47 Member

I admire the heck out of you! I'm still looking for that kind of peace within myself. You are truly blessed to have it.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited January 2020
    I was always more on the scrawny side growing up (I’ve been on the other side too, but growing up I couldn’t gain a pound to save my life and i still feel like that mentality has stayed with me) and I realized literally just today that because of the body positivity movement being geared more toward celebrating plus sized women, (I say that as though its fact, perhaps its just my own perception??) I risk coming off as directly oppositional to that movement if I openly state confidence or satisfaction in my own body. It could seem like the body weight equivalent of coming back with “all lives matter”. Which.. yuck. I hate that thought.

Logically I know that body positivity is meant to include everyone, though

Edit: feel like i should add that the confidence i feel in my body is mostly about what it can do, not even about what it looks like. But I don’t usually dare talk about it regardless
  • MelG7777
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I was always more on the scrawny side growing up (I’ve been on the other side too, but growing up I couldn’t gain a pound to save my life and i still feel like that mentality has stayed with me) and I realized literally just today that because of the body positivity movement being geared more toward celebrating plus sized women, (I say that as though its fact, perhaps its just my own perception??) I risk coming off as directly oppositional to that movement if I openly state confidence or satisfaction in my own body. It could seem like the body weight equivalent of coming back with “all lives matter”. Which.. yuck. I hate that thought.

I feel you on that. I’m curvy. And I like to “celebrate” curvy girls. But I try to be cognizant of the fact that there are some very happy, naturally very thin and beautiful girls and I’m not meaning to put them down as a byproduct. Sometimes it’s a fine line. I definitely think “body posi” should be about all shapes, sizes, etc etc. But I get where they’re coming from. I personally don’t like where the movement has seemed to gone.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    The most important thing is to be healthy and happy about your own body, even if you want to change it by losing or gaining weight. The reasons for changing your body should be for what you want and not what the world or others want you to be. I need to gain some weight and add muscle but that’s because I want to do it for myself.
  • caco_ethes

I feel you on that. I’m curvy. And I like to “celebrate” curvy girls. But I try to be cognizant of the fact that there are some very happy, naturally very thin and beautiful girls and I’m not meaning to put them down as a byproduct. Sometimes it’s a fine line. I definitely think “body posi” should be about all shapes, sizes, etc etc. But I get where they’re coming from. I personally don’t like where the movement has seemed to gone.

I don’t dislike the way its gone but i do think that there are still lots of misconceptions that thin women surely must have body confidence, or if not that, they must look the way they do because they try to. I can’t even tell you how many times people asked me how i did it when i was growing up. I didn’t accomplish anything, i was just born that way. I was approached by a handful of teachers throughout high school wanting to talk to me about eating disorders. People always assumed my skinniness was intentional. I was extremely unhealthy as a kid but i shied away from exercise because of how much I’d get the “pfft why are you exercising? You’re skinny already”. It was too much for my wallflower teenage self 😅

Anyway, I didn’t mean to redirect the topic but since i had just had the realization today, i just wanted to share it. ☺️
  • MelG7777

I don’t dislike the way its gone but i do think that there are still lots of misconceptions that thin women surely must have body confidence, or if not that, they must look the way they do because they try to. I can’t even tell you how many times people asked me how i did it when i was growing up. I didn’t accomplish anything, i was just born that way. I was approached by a handful of teachers throughout high school wanting to talk to me about eating disorders. People always assumed my skinniness was intentional. I was extremely unhealthy as a kid but i shied away from exercise because of how much I’d get the “pfft why are you exercising? You’re skinny already”. It was too much for my wallflower teenage self 😅

Anyway, I didn’t mean to redirect the topic but since i had just had the realization today, i just wanted to share it. ☺️

I get it. I don’t like the way it’s gone just for the fact that there are some “influencers” who get shamed for trying to lose weight. Like “you hate yourself if you want to lose weight”. I’ve seen it happen in the YouTube world. I think that’s a skewed vision of being body posi...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Edit: feel like i should add that the confidence i feel in my body is mostly about what it can do, not even about what it looks like. But I don’t usually dare talk about it regardless

Thank-you for posting Cakey :heart:
    ...I can't even go in to it
  • caco_ethes

I get it. I don’t like the way it’s gone just for the fact that there are some “influencers” who get shamed for trying to lose weight. Like “you hate yourself if you want to lose weight”. I’ve seen it happen in the YouTube world. I think that’s a skewed vision of being body posi...

Oh gross. Yeah, that's not body positivity at all, thats holding other people to your own standard. Live and let live is my kind of support
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

Oh gross. Yeah, that's not body positivity at all, thats holding other people to your own standard. Live and let live is my kind of support

I like the idea of celebrating what our bodies can do. And that can also take many shapes and forms...from losing weight, to gaining muscle, to running miles and miles, to walking, hiking, to being creative-writing, singing, knitting (brain is still apart of us🤷‍♀️)....I feel good when I'm accomplishing stuffs.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

Idk if it’s weird, but being able to see reality without judgment is a good thing.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Is it weird I’m sat here wondering if there’s anything weird about me I can write on here 🤔😏
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Is it weird I’m sat here wondering if there’s anything weird about me I can write on here 🤔😏

Its weird how you wrote "I'm sat here"
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »

Its weird how you wrote "I'm sat here"

Is it weird I was only concerned about how theres nothing weird about her?

Maybe you collect something weird? Maybe you look at things as past tense when in fact they are currently happening?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Is it weird that I like to drink my tea with a spoon, and hold the hot spoon to my lips and "burn" them?