Is it weird?

Replies

• Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Is it weird that I spend most of the weekend sitting around watching reruns of The Flintstones and The Brady Bunch reliving my childhood? :D
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Is it weird that I spend most of the weekend sitting around watching reruns of The Flintstones and The Brady Bunch reliving my childhood? :D

Not at all. I do the same with shows from my childhood, even ones before my time but watched as reruns.
  • Barbsunshine7
    dallsop417 wrote: »

Not at all. I do the same with shows from my childhood, even ones before my time but watched as reruns.

Me too!
  • Barbsunshine7
    1sphere wrote: »
    is it weird to feel alone at work?

I feel that way pretty often. (Love the bat btw!)
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »

Me too!

I still watch batman (Adam west), Malcolm in the middle, 3rd rock from sun, only fools and horses. Those type and period. Oh, and the older marvel cartoons
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member

Not weird but a terrible feeling. I felt this way at my last job. Just never found “my people”. You should quit.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Is it weird that sometimes I sit in my car longer than I need to because it’s SO WARM I don’t want to leave and walk the 20 ft outside in the cold? Curse you winter!!

I do this.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Is it weird that sometimes I sit in my car longer than I need to because it’s SO WARM I don’t want to leave and walk the 20 ft outside in the cold? Curse you winter!!

I do the same thing during the summer here 🤣

Is it weird that I leave my headphones in even after the battery dies when I’m at the gym or store just so someone doesn’t feel inclined to small talk

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

I do this.
    Also, I drive almost an hour in to work and STILL will sit in my car for 10-30 min, depending on what time I get there... because it's warm. And because I need to finish my audibles chapter. :#
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

This was the hardest thing about graveyard... The solitude was rough...

Aside from this, I've never been someone who fits in easily... And the group I work with now definitely thinks I'm odd 😂...

But they've embraced me for it as well... I'm in a good place, and thankful for it...
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Is it Weird I secretly like it when my finger goes through the toilet paper
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Is it weird I surveil the grocery stores every time I go now?

Last night the dishwasher pods were all sold out and flour, but there was bread, and the frozen and canned veggies and pasta and meat section were only half depleted. Frozen pizzas and TP, in stock!

And that I'm starting to mark on a calendar when I open stuff to see how long it lasts me?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited March 2020
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Last night the dishwasher pods were all sold out and flour, but there was bread, and the frozen and canned veggies and pasta and meat section were only half depleted. Frozen pizzas and TP, in stock!

And that I'm starting to mark on a calendar when I open stuff to see how long it lasts me?
    The father of a childhood friend used to mark his products like that. I think I also read of it in _The Complete Tightwad Gazette_

I might try it
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

The father of a childhood friend used to mark his products like that. I think I also read of it in _The Complete Tightwad Gazette_

I might try it

Its curious to know right?
    If TP and canned veggies, fresh meat and hand sanitizer are the preferred bartering unit of the New Known World - how long do they last, and what are they worth?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited March 2020
    I realise it may sound a little OCD, but for as long as I can remember I've always evenly distributed food within my mouth so that I can chew equal amounts on both sides. It's not just the amounts either, it's the type of food. For example, if I pick up a red M&M and eat it on the right side of my mouth I will then have to eat another red one on the opposite side. Not a blue one or a yellow one... a red one. If there isn’t an equal amount of colours in the bag or I'm only offered one, then I'll either bite it in half first or move it between the left and right with my tongue. I don't really think about it much, I just do it automatically for the most part.

I do this, too. 😂😂😂

ETA: if I eat an M&M and chew it only on one side, I have to have another to chew on the other side. Like I am breaking the habit, except I still feel uneven, so I end it with even amounts on both sides at the same time..... 😬🤣
  • magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    Is it weird that when I lock my car doors I press the button multiple times as I'm walking away

That's one of my OCD things so not weird to me.
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    Is it weird that I like crisp edges of fabric? I'll rub the corner of a sheet or blanket against my face . And sharp paper edges. Kids play with the box the toy came in, I'll fondle the corner of the envelope the card came in 😵