Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    @PackerFanInGB - i follow Mike Rowe’s mother on FB. She is hilarious. Her post today made me think of you.
    0vgyer8yi6za.png

OMG! THIS IS TOTALLY US! hahahaha! I'm going to have to start following her! I didn't know she was on FB. I saw him read a letter from her on TV once and it was so funny, I had tears in my eyes laughing!

Her FB page is called About My Mother it’s incredible.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

1/21/2020

✔Post JFT
    ✔Log all food on mfp
    ✔30 min of exercise
    ✔96 oz of water
    ✔Meal plan / grocery list
    ✔Grocery shop for week
    ✔✔Laundry, Dishes
    ❌WG Homework -> I had to go "on the fly" at the meeting, Lol!!
    ❌Assemble new toy organizer -> ran outta time
    ✔WG meeting at 6 PM

Busy, busy day for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the 4 day break with my hubby!! Then Sunday my little guy fell and busted open his tongue so no sleep that night. This lead to sleeping and laziness all Monday. Now I've gotta get back to it!!!! I hope you all have a fantastic day today :blush:

♡STAY POSITIVE♡

Signing off for the evening, be blessed! :heart:
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Daily goals: track, 😁exercise, 😁journal😑

Tuesday Plan:
    1. Up at 6, pill, run app, 20 squats, 2 yoga stretches. — mostly 😁
    2. Healthy breakfast, no media😁
    3. Prep and pack salad, pack protein, fruit, water😁
    4. Leave 5:30😁 (left at 3:30!)
    5. Dinner: roast chicken and cauliflower 😁 (broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and onions...cauliflower tomorrow)
    6. Prep 2 more salads 😁 (realized only needed 1 as next 2 lunches will be catered)
    7. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:45 —🤨 almost...!

Daily Habit goals: track, exercise, journal

Wednesday’s Plan:
    1. Up at 6, walk, strength train
    2. Healthy breakfast, no media
    3. Pack salad, protein, water for lunch
    4. Evening: clean out fridge
    5. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:45
    6. Track all!
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Tuesday:
    - Stay green🟢
    - Drink water🟢
    - Work on finding photos for oldest daughter’s 5th grade yearbook🔴
    - Dishes🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Tidy up main floor rooms🔴
    - dinner at dining room table🟢

Morning! Still not feeling great, but maybe a little better. I got called in to sub yesterday so a couple things got put off. I probably won’t go in today, but who knows. Yesterday they called me mid-morning when I was at the grocery store! 🤷‍♀️

JFT Wednesday:
    - stay green
    - Drink water
    - Dinner at dining room table
    - Maybe go for a walk depending on how I’m feeling
    - Tidy up main floor rooms
    - Yearbook photo tasks

Already mid-week....how did that happen?!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Print stories for review.
    3. Class A: Homework check. Literature notes. Story. Progress reports. Homework.
    4. Class B: Collect homework. Grammar review. Story. Writing prompt.
    5. Planning: Update Goodreads. Update unit plans. Duolingo. Finish and publish blog post.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Dinner: Meatloaf. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z. WRITE, DARNIT.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow. Fold laundry and put away.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 195.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Christie auditions 20-21 7 PM. Usher 24 6 PM.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. So, the audition last night went well. I didn't land the part yet, but I did get called back! Callbacks are tomorrow night. So now there's waiting. Blehhhh.

School feels... off-kilter. I'm making significant changes this semester and it's going well but it isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    @kingscrown Good for you for coming here and stopping the gain before it gets worse!

I had a similar story—lost 70-80 pounds (didn’t measure much at the highest) back in 2007 and kept off 50 for many years. But the weight slowly kept adding on especially in the past 6 years and now I have 40 pounds to “re-lose”. This time am using the philosophy from the HalfSize Me podcast of focusing on maintenance...I know how to lose, but clearly I need to work on the daily habits I will knees to maintain the loss for good.

Good luck in your journey, this is a great group!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @pridesabtch - just read your post about your daughter’s opening night. Horrible to have a clash like that and my heart goes out to you. Sometimes it feels like the moment you become a parent you sign up to a lifetime of guilt and worry (along with all the good stuff of course!)

So have a cyber hug 🤗 and know that this stranger across the pond thinks you are doing a brilliant job x
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2020
    1/22/2020

Post JFT
    Log all food on mfp
    30 min of exercise
    96 oz of water
    Laundry
    Assemble new toy organizer
    Clean office
    Review budget
    Review / rearrange schedule

All three older boys have Robotics afterschool today!! This gives me an additional two hours before I have to run around so I'm hoping for a productive day!!

♡Stay Positive♡

There are sooo many of you I want to individually respond to but I'm short of time!! :sweat_smile:

You all keep at it!!!! I'm reading everyone's post and I'm so proud to be part of such an amazing group of people!! :blush: