Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Beards

1246734

Replies

  • thatsmejbthatsmejb Member Posts: 83 Member Member Posts: 83 Member
    Beards are good!!!
  • s131951s131951 Member Posts: 3,770 Member Member Posts: 3,770 Member
    55jamieb wrote: »
    Beards are good!!!

    So let the record show!
  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,962 Member Member Posts: 11,962 Member
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    I don’t care if it’s considered shaming. I prefer women without beards. There, I said it.


    Sonofa
  • JRE_Momof3JRE_Momof3 Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    The day I brought home our Maremma puppies.

    jn60e6vy7nik.jpg

    The puppies!!!!!! 😍
  • IAMGREATBEARDIAMGREATBEARD Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    Serious work beard 😂
  • gothchiqgothchiq Member Posts: 4,597 Member Member Posts: 4,597 Member
    Yes, the beard is good and attractive. Keep it.
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.

    Also agree; also a woman. Beards are cool, but if you don't like them, that's fine, too, BUT.. no need to insult beard wearers with generalizations and statements that aren't true.

    I think beards are awesome, but I'd be willing to date/marry/sleep with someone who couldn't even grow facial hair. It's not a deal maker/breaker for me. Just a delightful perk, like glasses. :tongue:

    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member
    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?

    Hmm, without getting into specifics (not looking for arguments), I'd say making generalizations about the cleanliness of long beards counts as being assumptive and kinda insulting. A person who keeps a long beard is no less likely to shower than or take care of their facial hair than a person who doesn't. That's kinda in the same general category (to me) of assuming that a woman who has long hair or a "bush" is automatically going to smell "funky" simply because they have hair on or around their genitals. Which is just preposterous.

    There are a few others in here I would point out, but won't because again, not looking for an argument and they are quite blatant and discriminatory. IE. It would be very obvious who I am talking about and I'm not into starting drama over beards. :lol:

    Gotchu. And i can see your point.
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

    And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

    I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    MrAcavano wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    I don’t care if it’s considered shaming. I prefer women without beards. There, I said it.


    😂😂😂RUDE!
  • JRE_Momof3JRE_Momof3 Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.

    Also agree; also a woman. Beards are cool, but if you don't like them, that's fine, too, BUT.. no need to insult beard wearers with generalizations and statements that aren't true.

    I think beards are awesome, but I'd be willing to date/marry/sleep with someone who couldn't even grow facial hair. It's not a deal maker/breaker for me. Just a delightful perk, like glasses. :tongue:

    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?

    My answer goes kind of along the same lines as Galactica with that question. Her example was better than mine, but same point to get across.

    I also didnt call people out specifically because then I'm no better. I just think its important for people to remember men have feelings too. Opinions are fine, but I believe we should take regard for others feelings when we voice them (i.e. just dont do it disrespectfully)

    I have a preference on beard size/length myself, but I would never make the assumption someone is dirty based on the length of their facial hair.
  • Just_Mel_Just_Mel_ Member Posts: 3,989 Member Member Posts: 3,989 Member
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

    And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

    I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬

    #thighbrush
  • uggins311uggins311 Member Posts: 2,209 Member Member Posts: 2,209 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

    And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

    I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬

    #thighbrush

    #thighbrush indeed
  • isalsayourface123isalsayourface123 Member Posts: 2,153 Member Member Posts: 2,153 Member
    uggins311 wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    I honestly was indifferent before I started dating my boyfriend. Until then, I mostly dated guys with no facial hair or a lot less. He has a pretty sweet beard going on and I love it now :D

    And to the people who worry about cleanliness....don't. You can have a long beard and still stay clean. Having a beard doesn't make you a slob... No hatin' just cause you don't know how it works :p

    I dated someone with a beard, now I find it hot...and it has lots of advantages 😬

    #thighbrush

    #thighbrush indeed

    👌

    😜

    edited January 2020
  • TwitchyMacGeeTwitchyMacGee Member Posts: 3,120 Member Member Posts: 3,120 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    I find it fascinating how unquestionably acceptable it is for a woman to be so harshly and publicly opinionated of a man’s choice in facial hair, yet, a man suggesting he has preferences in a woman is unfathomably shameful towards her...

    And by fascinating, I mean hypocritical.

    Sorry, ladies, I have to agree on this one. Some (certainly not all) of you expressed some pretty harsh opinions of mens beards on a thread full of men WITH beards...like an opinion is one thing, being harsh is another.

    Think of it like this, there is a thread about women who LIKE to get tattoos or peirce their tongue and you see a man goes on that thread and says something like "I dont like women who have tattoos. I think its gross and it makes them look dirty." Oh, boy...here we go! A man INSULTED a woman.

    That's hypothetical of course, it wouldn't happen, because men are smart enough to know not to do that unless that are trolling.

    Also agree; also a woman. Beards are cool, but if you don't like them, that's fine, too, BUT.. no need to insult beard wearers with generalizations and statements that aren't true.

    I think beards are awesome, but I'd be willing to date/marry/sleep with someone who couldn't even grow facial hair. It's not a deal maker/breaker for me. Just a delightful perk, like glasses. :tongue:

    So which opinions were offensively worded in your opinion?

    My answer goes kind of along the same lines as Galactica with that question. Her example was better than mine, but same point to get across.

    I also didnt call people out specifically because then I'm no better. I just think its important for people to remember men have feelings too. Opinions are fine, but I believe we should take regard for others feelings when we voice them (i.e. just dont do it disrespectfully)

    I have a preference on beard size/length myself, but I would never make the assumption someone is dirty based on the length of their facial hair.

    The problem with not being specific is that it paints all contrary opinions with the same broad brush.

    Eta: but I understand not wanting to start a war
    edited January 2020
Sign In or Register to comment.