Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!!:flowerforyou:

What an amazing and supportive group!! Thank you for such a warm welcome to me and my friends Neva, Sue and Robin!!! I am very excited!!! :love:

Today I did my 5 Mile Fat Burning workout!!:bigsmile: I have challenged myself to work out at least 45-60 min. a day 6 days a week this week!! Thank goodness for this challenge. It will really help me to stay on track!! :wink: For my nutritional challenge my goal is to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. So far so good!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!! I'll check in tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful evening my friends! :drinker:
    :heart: Sabrina

P.S. dfeledichuk.......A great big thank you for putting together this challenge! It sounds like you definitely have a lot going on right now!!! You are a very special person!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • deb1jim
    Options
    I'd love to be down around 30 pounds by Christmas! Thanks for the challenge. I'm in. I'm currently 216 and hope to get there by Christmas! I'm turning 49, married, 2 kids - 22 & 16. I work fulltime at Sylvan Learning Center and need to feel better about me! Need to get this weight off now! Sick of being over 200 when I'm 5'3". Let's go!
  • Scubasab
    Options
    @ dfeledichuk

Thank you so very much for such a warm welcome!!!

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mother. It sure has been hard as I know you understand. I think most Mother's are our cheerleaders and are always there for us unconditionally!!

I am so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. If there is anything I can do or if you would like to talk in private message that would be fine. Unfortunately they were not able to determine prior to surgery if they were canccerous or not!! I was in surgery and it did not look right to them so they took a frozen section for biopsy. They had already sewed me up and I had eaten before it came back that I had Cancer so, I had to go back in for a second surgery to remove EVERYTHING!! I felt great after the first surgery but, the second surgery kicked my butt!!!! That was all back in the 90's and I'm sure things are a lot different and more advanced NOW!!!! No worries!! Everything will be just fine!!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!

Thanks again for all of the support!! This looks like a great group!!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join your Christmas Challenge. I just turned 46 last week, have been married for almost 26 years, have 3 children (24, 22, 21) and twin granddaughters (age 3). I work full time from my home for the government. I watch my granddaughters in the afternoon/evenings when their mom is working. I have rheumatoid arthritis (20+yrs now) and was recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my knees as well. I've been lucky that recent biological drugs have really given me my life back over the past 6 years. Prior to that I gained about 85 lbs from steroids combined with unrelenting pain that severely limited my movement/exercise. I have currently lost 65lbs and so I'm at the final 20lbs!!! I try to go to the Y at least 4 days a week and I walk about 2-3miles (pushing the granddaughters) just about every evening.

My starting weight for the challenge is 162 and my goal for Dec 25 is 145. I drink LOTS of water. My goal will be to eat more veggies! I'm just not much of a fan and KNOW I can do better.

I'm really excited to see how we all do!!! Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me, if you like!
  • Scubasab
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join your Christmas Challenge. I just turned 46 last week, have been married for almost 26 years, have 3 children (24, 22, 21) and twin granddaughters (age 3). I work full time from my home for the government. I watch my granddaughters in the afternoon/evenings when their mom is working. I have rheumatoid arthritis (20+yrs now) and was recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my knees as well. I've been lucky that recent biological drugs have really given me my life back over the past 6 years. Prior to that I gained about 85 lbs from steroids combined with unrelenting pain that severely limited my movement/exercise. I have currently lost 65lbs and so I'm at the final 20lbs!!! I try to go to the Y at least 4 days a week and I walk about 2-3miles (pushing the granddaughters) just about every evening.

My starting weight for the challenge is 162 and my goal for Dec 25 is 145. I drink LOTS of water. My goal will be to eat more veggies! I'm just not much of a fan and KNOW I can do better.

I'm really excited to see how we all do!!! Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me, if you like!

Welcome!!

I can totally empathise with your arthritis diagnosis as I was diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis six years ago!! I did a lot of damage before they were able to give me the biological drug ENBREL. You are absolutely right when you say it is a life safer!!! I also gained about 65 lbs from all of the steroids. The pain was absolutely horrible!! I feel so blessed to have my life back!!

I look forward to getting to know you!!!
    Sabrina
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Had a pretty good day at work, nothing excited to report as far as my day. I did eat within my calorie limit, and drank my water. I ordered and just got Brazil Butt Workout and did it tonight! It is HARD!! BUT I really liked it and will use it along with my old standby that I LOVE Tae Bo!

I hope you everyone had a great day!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the new people!! :flowerforyou:

Jenn :happy:
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Hi - Am I too late to join? :cry:
  • elainecollins
    Options
    Hi! Would love to join in---1st of the month is always a start date for me! Just joined MFP today as well. Really new at this but excited! I am 47, a lifetime dieter with my weight always moving up or down--never stable. :( raning from 186 to 138
    SW 158
    GW 140

my goal is to lose 2 lbs a week, and this week start exercising again--anything! and track my food intake (shocking to see the calories today!)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I hate to do this - but with our last four participants elainecollins, deb1jim, skinnyb540 and sherrillg we are at 50 participants, so I think I am going to close this challenge..... yep. 50 is a lot of people to keep track of, and I want us to be able to stay encouraging for one another. I think if we don't close it to the current participants only it will become too large and just become a lot of well done and WTGs to one another vs thoughtful and supportive dialogue.

The new discussion can be found here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333135-over-40-christmas-challenge-closed

Thanks everyone!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A water bottle toast to the new members! :drinker:

Water bottles up! :drinker:

Gwen you are so sweet. I will third that. I need to really get back to drinking more this week anyway!:drinker:

Oh and I made my Summer 100 mile challenge today. Yay!
    I'll join the toast, welcome:drinker:
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Managed to lose 3.5 lbs this week so very happy with that.

My challenge for this week is to continue to drink 8 glasses of water as I managed to do 4 days of the 7 so I am trying for 7/7 this week and my new challenge is to stop eating snacks at night when I am up breastfeeding.

Looking forarwd to seeing how everyone else is doing.

SW - 208 (Aug 28)
    GW - 191 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - not joined in
    Week 2 - 208 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 204.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    oops double post sorry
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5) -used the Wii fit- I don't have an actual scale at home- I will double check tomorrow with a scale
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)

Goal from previous week: NOT MET
    Run 4 miles each day, Monday-Thursday
    Monday- 4.04 miles completed
    Tuesday- 2.5- tired legs, couldn't quite make my goal
    Wednesday- 4.2 miles completed
    Thursday -4.0 miles completed

This week goal: Eat more of my calories. I am too far under each day
  • MakingProgress
    Options
    What a difference going to the gym makes. I knew that I would see results if I started working out again, but I didn't expect them to be quite this good - down 3.4 lbs this week!

Week 1 - 270 (Aug 22) (my actual starting weight was 271, but ... oh well)
    Week 2 - 269.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 266.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx - (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    HI everyone we have moved.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333135-over-40-christmas-challenge-closed
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    HI everyone we have moved.

Thanks for posting this I am away from my computer most of the day and on my cell and could not repost the link.

BUT YES A REMINDER WE HAVE MOVED