Women 200lb+, Let's Jump-Start This January!!!

Replies

• Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2020
    My newsfeed has been blank all day and a post I tried to make never showed up. Thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I think I am still the only one in this group who is having a problem (for about a week now) with not being able to delete food entries. I did post to a thread talking about issues with the site but I don't know if they're doing anything about the issues. I heard the site has gone downhill since it was purchased by Under Armour and I think that's true. I don't remember having these issues in my early days of using this site. Such a shame.
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Tarzan37 I wonder if maybe the app needs to be updated. I know when my apps start acting funky its usually because they need to be updated. Either way, do what you need to do to be successful

@L2HS You can use this calculator https://tdeecalculator.net/ to help you calculate your caloric expenditure in a day (how much calories you burn just by being alive plus exercise). It will calculate your maintenance calories, or how many calories you need to maintain your weight where it currently is. By seeing your maintenance caloric levels you can then subtract some calories (like 500 is a good start) to get a deficit and go from there. As you lose weight you can to adjust your levels, because the lighter we are the less we calories we need to consume. Hope that is helpful.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2020
    @sharpdust - I'm using the website... I downloaded the app on my phone yesterday and it hasn't worked for me so I don't think it's an issue of needing to be updated? I already uninstalled it from my phone. lol
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    @Tarzan37 Ooooooh I see. How strange, but it doesn't seem like you are the only one.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Tarzan37 wrote: »
    My newsfeed has been blank all day and a post I tried to make never showed up. Thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I think I am still the only one in this group who is having a problem (for about a week now) with not being able to delete food entries. I did post to a thread talking about issues with the site but I don't know if they're doing anything about the issues. I heard the site has gone downhill since it was purchased by Under Armour and I think that's true. I don't remember having these issues in my early days of using this site. Such a shame.

@Tarzan37 Oh yeah... I hadn't complained in this thread, but I have posted on some other thread as well, all the problems I've been having with the food diary - several issues. In the meantime, I try to figure out how to make it work... I mainly use the website (I hate the app), but sometimes if something doesn't work on the website, I try and use the app and it works there or vice versa. :unamused:
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    @L2HS If you put the info into mfp to get your calorie guide then you need to be eating at least half of your exercise calories back (half to allow for tracker etc overestimation). For example when you eat 1200 and worked off 400 per fit bit then you are only netting anywhere from 800-1000 calories depending on exercise accuracy. I say eat more. Slow is the way to go. :)
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    My daughter got these Skinny Dipped Almonds for me for Christmas and think this is a better solution for my sweet tooth than other options. They are very flavorful and decadent but the almond offers good fat and fiber so an improvement over pure chocolate. Portion control will be key though!5gengo0ou0ym.jpeg
    0pidlrrt8i6u.jpeg
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    @sharpdust, go you! You're rocking your goal and I'm glad to hear you're also feeling good as well, that's the best part. I have enjoyed this process so far, but my favorite is that I just feel better and have more energy.

@L2HS, great progress! I wish I was able to provide some advice about eating too little, but echoing everyone else, I was also told to make sure I am eating at minimum what my BMR (basic metabolic weight) since that is what your body needs to exist.

@Candyn617, go you! And exactly, you are not competing against anyone...I have to remind myself of that sometiemes especially when other people are having better "luck" than I am.

@Tarzan37, MFP was acting up for me too yesterday. Glad to hear your hunger levels are getting better! I really struggle with feeling hungry at night, especially when I'm tired. I usually try to drink a big glass of water and that helps. If the hunger doesn't pass then I usually have a small snack, but most of the time, I'm just tired and need to sleep.

@Reachbrenda, I would be reveling, too! Congratulations. I am doing my kickboxing class with a friend and that has really helped my motivation.

@speyerj, thank you for sharing because it is so easy to get wrapped into our thoughts when the scale isn't moving like we want even if we are doing everything right.

@aliciap0116, that looks yummy! I need to invest in more snacks, especially ones that I can get decent nutrition from versus just feeling full. Also, great job on your goals this week and your progress. It can suck when the scale doesn't move as much as you want, but you still made progress!

@GroverBlue78, great job sticking with the dance classes, especially during a time where you were feeling stressed. Don't let it get you too down, you slipped up, but you're ready to get focused and back on track, that's all you can do.

@MuttiNM, Looks like you're having a steady decline, great idea monitoring how your losses are going and adjusting accordingly.

@kali31337, I haaaate weighing close to my TOM because I know I am going to be up 2-3lbs. It looks like you're also having a steady decline. It can be hard to tie our emotions into what the scale is telling us.

@snaileatsplants, I think your resolutions sounds like an attainable goal for you, not that I am in a place to give advice, but have you considered having someone to talk to while you're losing weight? I am currently doing that and it has benefited me in ways that I could not begin to imagine, especially with repairing my relationship with food.

@Caseyloupuckett, welcome! I am sorry to hear about the health issues, but do not be too hard on yourself. You're taking the steps that you need to.

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    @caseyloupuckett welcome to the group. It sounds like you have a lot going on and I am glad that they are running tests to figure out the details.

I haven't had the surgery but others here have done it. But I have gone gluten-free and done the colonoscopy before. These days, going gluten-free is surprisingly easy - you'll have to check for it in things like salad dressing but just plan out your meals and get gluten-free replacements for what you want to keep in your rotation. Avoid eating out for hidden sources. Trader Joe's and other stores have lists of products you can look for: https://www.traderjoes.com/dietary-lists/gluten-free. Two weeks will fly by and it is actually really cool to see if you have a negative reaction to gluten. I do feel like it makes me foggy.

As for the colonoscopy, well, the prep really sucks but its only 16 hours or so, and part of that you are sleeping. Make sure you don't get dehydrated. The procedure and recovery are a breeze and practically fun on laughing gas, so you will do just fine.

I know it's scary to find out what is going on but it is your first step to taking care of yourself and reclaiming your health. We are all here to support you.