CIDER

Does anyone have a rough idea how much apple cider vinegar you should drink a day to lose a stone by summer? Read it somewhere but can't remember

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Alas, ACV does not actually help with weight loss.

To lose 14 pounds before July 1, about 20 weeks away, you can set your weekly weight loss goal to be a pound a week.

Please note that if you have only 14 pounds to lose, this is an overly aggressive goal, and you will be better served by choosing the weekly weight loss goal of a half pound a week. That would be 10 pounds by July 1, which would be excellent.

All of this.

ACV does not cause or promote weight loss.

Your best bet is to set a more reasonable (i.e., slower) weight loss goal, rather than looking for "shortcuts" that supposedly cause faster loss. Any substances that are claimed to promote faster fat loss either do not work and/or are not safe or legal.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Doesn't matter how much you drink - it doesn't do a thing to aid weight loss... although I'm sure there will be folk along soon that enjoy it as part of a salad dressing ;)

The only way to lose weight is to create a caloric deficit and to be patient as you may not lose as much as you would like in the timeframe that you have set :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    you can drink as much as you desire or none at all. it will not help you lose weight.

i prefer white wine vinegar in my salad dressing @Hooliekom
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    there is also give birth to a baby - but i dont suppose that helps OP much. :s
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    0oz
    Apple cider vinegar has no effect on metabolism or weight loss.
    What does? Eating fewer calories then you burn. Type your stats into MFp and start logging what you consume and burnevery day. Mfp will help you with a goal calorie amount
    Also summer officially starts june 20. That is 20 weeks away. So to lose 1 stone =14 lbs you would set it for 1 lb a week for 6 weeks and 0.5 lbs per week for the other 14 weeks.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    This isn't Facebook, the answer is none.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    If you need to lose 1 lb/week you could swap out 700 cals of soda/day for 200 cals of apple cider vinegar, assuming you were eating maintenance with 700 cals of soda.

In other words, it does nothing to help you lose weight, unless it helps you cut calories elsewhere in your diet
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you need to lose 1 lb/week you could swap out 700 cals of soda/day for 200 cals of apple cider vinegar, assuming you were eating maintenance with 700 cals of soda.

In other words, it does nothing to help you lose weight, unless it helps you cut calories elsewhere in your diet

If we call ACV 4 calories per tablespoon/15 mL, maximum (since that is legally as much as it can be in the US and still be called “zero calorie”), then that would be roughly 750 mL of ACV per day. If I drank that, I’d throw up, which would probably make me lose weight...just not in any healthy or pleasant way.

Maybe just drink water or tea if you don’t want soda anymore.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »

If we call ACV 4 calories per tablespoon/15 mL, maximum (since that is legally as much as it can be in the US and still be called “zero calorie”), then that would be roughly 750 mL of ACV per day. If I drank that, I’d throw up, which would probably make me lose weight...just not in any healthy or pleasant way.

Maybe just drink water or tea if you don’t want soda anymore.

I wasn't suggesting they drink any, just that that is how it could work... could have been 20 cals worth saves you from eating drinking 520 cals of something else would be how it "could" work. but ACV in an of itself has nothing to do with weight loss. could replace 500 cals of X with nothing, or with water, etc.

Not sure why my comment had any disagreements as it was just an exercise in math that was done correctly??
  • LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Based on your screen name I'm guessing you believe a lot of the nonsense scammers try to sell you. Detox, vinegar, and other nonsense should be left in the supermarket checkout with the other tabloid garbage. There's only 2 ways to lose weight. Have it removed surgically or eat fewer calories than you burn. That's it. Sorry.

Detoxing is key mate! I am primarily eating green salad #working
  • LockdownLoser23
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    This isn't Facebook, the answer is none.

Facebook isn't for you huh 😋
  • LockdownLoser23
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rough idea how much apple cider vinegar you should drink a day to lose a stone by summer? Read it somewhere but can't remember

About a cup a day.

Finally an answer. Thanks mate 👊
This discussion has been closed.