Worst blind date ever???

Options
Hello my gorgeous darlings! So anyone who knows me knows I don't date but there are several women at my church (and one of ym scouts moms) that wants to date me. Well to that end the kids grandmother has invited two of those ladies to the family bbq this weekend! So that made me think of bad "blind" dates. Whats your worst? Mine was when a friend hooked me up with a firend. Turned out she was 25 years older than me. Which wouldnt have been a big deal but it kind of blin sided me.She tried to kiss me the whole date which made me very uncomfortable. At the end of the date she offered to let me date her daughter since I wasnt into her... Very akward! Very creepy!

Replies

• jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner with a guy, and he ordered rice as his only side. I asked him why no veggies, and he tried to convince me that rice was a vegetable (because it's not a meat or a fruit). He then stole food off my plate (a huge pet peeve). He also spent the entire meal staring at me and making comments such as "you're so lovely." It was extremely uncomfortable. I really just couldn't get over him thinking rice was a vegetable.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    lol the ending really made me laugh.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Can't say it was the WORST blind date, but I MARRIED my only blind date...32 years ago next month :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I only agreed to a blind date once, so the one and only was to a scientist named Horst. I think that says it all! LOL
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I only agreed to a blind date once, so the one and only was to a scientist named Horst. I think that says it all! LOL

Yeah I bet that WAS a good time!
  • Murphk323
    Options
    I've never been on a blind date.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My worst was a setup by my roommate. He asked me out to dinner and a movie. Came to pick me up, seemed like everything was going fine...then he said "I didn't get a paper so I want to swing by the theater first". No big deal, right? Well, he swings by, and sees that one he wants to see in starting in 90 minutes so he parks and says we're going in. We buy the tickets, and then go sit in the theater more than an hour before start time. The whole time we're talking he's saying how he lives at home (he's 38) because it's nice to have someone cook his meals and clean up after him. About 30 minutes in he disappears with no explanation...and comes back with 2 HUGE popcorns and 2 HUGE cherry cokes. Didn't ask me what i wanted. I'm trying to be polite, so I'm drinking more sugar than I've had in 10 years. Halfway through the movie he groans and puts down his popcorn. At the end of the movie he says "I forgot, but popcorn gives me a gut-ache. I don't feel well, I'll just take you home". Well, at this point I LOST it. I said "You know what, that's a great idea. I'm not feeling well either. Maybe it's because I haven't had any real food in 8 hours". He drove me home and I never spoke with him again.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Yeah I bet that WAS a good time!

LOL Yep, he spent the entire time telling me how brilliant and wonderful he was! OMG it was the most painful hour of my life!!
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my worst blind date the guy came to meet me and go out with my friends, after that we went to the lake and lets just say he is a pro fisher you might want to say a master baiter of sorts. I actually went on one more blind date after that and have been dating that man for the past 11 years on the 9th of September
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You need to tell dating prospects that if things do not work out, you have no interest in their sisters, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandmas ect.

Sorry it was so bad of a date.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    haha these are too funny! i've never been on a date before and these make me nervous lol!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    we talked a bit on facebook before we dated so it wasnt an actual blind date...he asked me beforehand if i was the kind of girl that kisses on the first date. i joked, `ah, well, the only person who gets that close to my mouth is my dentist!!` so he prints out a fake dentist school certificate from the internet and puts his name on it and then gives it to me when i first get in the car.......needless to say, it was an awkward night lol
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I really just couldn't get over him thinking rice was a vegetable.

Just to play devil's :devil: advocate... Doesn't rice grow? Wouldn't that make it something similar? LOL :tongue:

I too have never been on a blind date, unless hubby surprising me and refusing to say where we're going counts :blushing:
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    we talked a bit on facebook before we dated so it wasnt an actual blind date...he asked me beforehand if i was the kind of girl that kisses on the first date. i joked, `ah, well, the only person who gets that close to my mouth is my dentist!!` so he prints out a fake dentist school certificate from the internet and puts his name on it and then gives it to me when i first get in the car.......needless to say, it was an awkward night lol

ok that's kind of cute. lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Went to the movies with a cop. He stayed on his personal cell phone the entire time I was in the car (talking with a friend) on the way there. We were supposed to meet up with his friends. They show up. He doesn't introduce me to them. After the movie I go to get into the passenger side of the car, and there's a note from a girl to him stuck in the window. LOL I didn't open it - just had chick's handwriting on it. I was like "This is for you." I didn't have anything to say to him 'cause I just wanted to never see him again. I did NOT initiate this date whatsoever. He already had seen me before so it wasn't THAT blind, and I'm not that ugly. Flash forward a year and I get into a fender bender. Who's the cop? You guessed it, Officer Dipsh!t. He acted like no time had passed and we were old buddies. I was like - "whatever removes my liability in this accident."
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had several... and several awful ones! The worst one was: the guy showed up with a buddy of his and took me to Hooters for dinner. Not that I mind Hooters, but they were rude to the waitress the whole time (in a very sexual/chauvanistic way). When they dropped me off at home, he left his buddy in the car so we could check the newspaper for movie times (like that was going to happen). He proceeded to try to get in my pants on my back porch (with my grandma right through the door!) and kept talking about hunting and eating squirrel. Yeah, that was the worst one, by far!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Can't say it was the WORST blind date, but I MARRIED my only blind date...32 years ago next month :)

It was kind of like a blind date. A mutual friend introduced us ... 2 weeks after that we had our first date. 6 weeks later engaged 13 months later, I married him. Been married almost 22 years. :)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me he was 5'11 and when we got out of our cars to say hello, he hopped out, and turns out, he is a midget (little person, whatever). No kidding!
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    I haven't been on a blind date in a long time, however the few I went on if I didn't like them I suddenly got a headache and had to go home!!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

ok that's kind of cute. lol

agree LOL he really liked you!