missed your chance

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Once I entered in a Shakespeare competition and was to recite a soliloquy and a sonet... I nailed the soliloquy but blew the sonet and I knew it.

I just flat out didn't prepare well enough, chose the most recognized one, because I already new part of it and didn't take the time I should have to memorize the rest...

There was probably about 20-30 people entered, and all the others were pretty convinced I would rank top 3... But I knew better, my sonet performance was pretty half *kitten* and there was no way these judges would award me when I clearly struggled to recall the lines on stage...

They didn't and it was a learning experience... Fail to prepare, prepare to fail... Although I had a lot of fun...

Darling buds of may? 😊

And the scene where Romeo finds out he was banished 🙈

Nice! Not cliche. I would have put money that it was “but soft! What light through yonder window breaks...”

...... that light is usually from the Police Helicopters

Stop deflecting. Tell us a story.

.... it's what I do.

giphy.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Once I entered in a Shakespeare competition and was to recite a soliloquy and a sonet... I nailed the soliloquy but blew the sonet and I knew it.

I just flat out didn't prepare well enough, chose the most recognized one, because I already new part of it and didn't take the time I should have to memorize the rest...

There was probably about 20-30 people entered, and all the others were pretty convinced I would rank top 3... But I knew better, my sonet performance was pretty half *kitten* and there was no way these judges would award me when I clearly struggled to recall the lines on stage...

They didn't and it was a learning experience... Fail to prepare, prepare to fail... Although I had a lot of fun...

Darling buds of may? 😊

Nice! Not cliche. I would have put money that it was “but soft! What light through yonder window breaks...”

I actually think that would have been a lot harder, for some reason it's just easier to pour your heart out with a more emotional scene...

So when do we get to hear your story?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

Darling buds of may? 😊

I actually think that would have been a lot harder, for some reason it's just easier to pour your heart out with a more emotional scene...

So when do we get to hear your story?

I’ll have to think of a good one.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Took acting classes as a kid. Was at some big show thing and they "called my name"...but they pronounced it wrong so I didn't respond, and didn't get the opportunity

...100% missed my calling!

Oh my gosh! ❤️
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Not finishing university...
    I love learning, and was really good at writing papers (loved it, both scientific and creative (I learned a formula that was fool-proof))
    ...couldn't pick a major tho...just kept taking random first and second year classes and racking up debt 'till it stressed me out too much.

One regret that I still can try to rectify...even if I just continue with my random class selection - I just need to lower the range of options I guess.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    DarkTwain wrote: »
    These days it's harder to even know if/when women want to be approached so I err on the side of leave her alone

Yep, how I am. I'll also add on that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to if a woman's hitting on me. I'm always thinking she's just being friendly, and it's not until I'm on my way home that I realize she most likely was. Too late...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    These days it's harder to even know if/when women want to be approached so I err on the side of leave her alone

Yep, how I am. I'll also add on that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to if a woman's hitting on me. I'm always thinking she's just being friendly, and it's not until I'm on my way home that I realize she most likely was. Too late...

Meh. Just friendzone everyone. No rejection that way. Just missed chances
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

Meh. Just friendzone everyone. No rejection that way. Just missed chances

Been doing that for longer than I can remember, it's why I always think they're just being friendly. :lol:
  • bretmartin09
    bretmartin09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The question in its purest form... is the risk worth the reward? In the end it's not the number of shots attempted, the only limit is the shot clock. Shoot away friends.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I think I usually shoot my shot. My missed opportunities in love were due to already being committed. :/
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had a chance in college to co-op in my major, but I thought adding an extra year to my school seemed like too much. Now I realize how much it would've helped me in my career path to have had some experience under my belt when I graduated.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    My big regret is that I didn't go back to school early in my life. Back then, though, you could still nail a really good job without a degree. I know, because I have held several. I have been with my organization almost 20 years and have moved up as far as I can go. To go further requires a degree, these days. (Shoot, to come in from the outside, my current position and the one I was hired for, originally both require a degree!) I'm within ten years of retirement, so going back isn't on my list of things to do. I guess that's why it's a regret. :heart:
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    The question in its purest form... is the risk worth the reward? In the end it's not the number of shots attempted, the only limit is the shot clock. Shoot away friends.

I never gamble when I play horse. Have never been able to put the damn ball through the hoop... :angry:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I put myself out there and he chose someone else 🤷‍♀️

Do you regret it?
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I feel this is so personal. Maybe move this to a private group. But then again, i find it hard to share so it's probably just me.