Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

is MFP more important than marriage?

paperpudding
paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
well, not really a debate (I hope! :o )

Today is my wedding anniversary and coincidentally I recieved this message from MFP on receiving my 7 year MFP poster badge: Wow! Seven years. Your community relationships have outlasted most marriages.

Do most marriages really last less than 7 years these days?? (or was that exagerated hyperbole??)

Mine has so far lasted for 34 .

#humblebrag ;):Do:)

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    It will be 54 years for me and my husband in a couple of months <3 . I don't think that MFP was around in mid 60s, and not many of the present members either :D .

oh wow, you win!! <3<3

I was around in mid 60's but only a little tacker, born in 1963.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I'll be here 7 years next week and have been married for 34 years this May. Are we twins?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    well, not really a debate (I hope! :o )

Today is my wedding anniversary and coincidentally I recieved this message from MFP on receiving my 7 year MFP poster badge: Wow! Seven years. Your community relationships have outlasted most marriages.

Do most marriages really last less than 7 years these days?? (or was that exagerated hyperbole??)

Mine has so far lasted for 34 .

#humblebrag ;):Do:)

I think it's marriages that end in divorce on average last 7 years or less...so not really most marriages...just those that end in divorce.

Wife and I have been married for 14 years going on 15 in August. Unfortunately, many of our friends are divorced...there's only one couple of all of the people we hang with that are still together.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My first marriage was a couple months short of 10 years.
    My second is almost at 7 right now and no signs of declining thankfully <3 Hoping for many many more!

My friends are a mix...in our forties, most have been married for 15+ years or their marriages failed after less than 5 years.