Horror Movies

Options

Replies

• onxy99
    onxy99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Long time horror fanatic. There are so many good ones. I watch a horror movie every night. I would say, The Cleansing Hour; Green Inferno; Split, Crows Nest, I Saw The Devil; and Train to Busan.

Any of these would be a very scary night for the average person. They would have you flinging popcorn.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Just watched Forget Me Not. Story lags at the beginning and the plot is a little confusing but picks up half way through. Mediocre acting by unknown teens. Excellent special effects.

Note: I typically avoid movies whose main characters are teenagers but I stuck with this one because of special effects.
  • _Emily1108
    _Emily1108 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I just want a movie that will scare me to death. Nothing's that scary anymore. 😞

That's probably because we've all become so desensitized to it as a genre that it's very hard to actually scare the masses anymore. Even over the top things we recognize as just that, over the top.

That's really why I started gravitating toward films from other countries. Their stories can be similar, but also quite different and the nuances of that particular culture really come through and can be in some cases, quite unsettling.

Have you seen good night mommy? it’s not in English you have to read subtitles but it’s good
  • _Emily1108
    Options
    I haven't but if im able to i'll watch it. @FeelinFooFoo

There is 2 of them. 1st one from 2005, second in 2013. Very chilling and all factually based. Put me off backpacking around Australia, that's for sure....

Think you might find on Netflix.

The guy who it is based on does not long ago
  • _Emily1108
    Options
    13 Ghosts (2001)

I love that movie
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Just watched Brightburn. Pretty good.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I watched Saw yesterday, wasn't bad.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a film called "Mom and Dad" which is about parents turning against and suddenly killing their offspring (unknown causes as of yet). Nicholas Cage is in it as a so far believable character (unlike Wicker Man), so that's a plus, I guess.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    @CanesGalactica Is that on Netflix or Prime?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Watchin Friday the 13th part 2009 right now
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    @CanesGalactica Is that on Netflix or Prime?

Hulu.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a film called "Mom and Dad" which is about parents turning against and suddenly killing their offspring (unknown causes as of yet). Nicholas Cage is in it as a so far believable character (unlike Wicker Man), so that's a plus, I guess.

Yesss, I watched this. It was fun 😊
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Anyone have good recommendations for movies on Prime? The ones I've seen haven't been very good.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Just saw IT part 2 - pretty good!
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Just got done watching Don't be afraid of the Dark, i liked it. Fun movie.
  • savannahs21
    Options
    Anything recent that was decent?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Please watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. It’s wonderful. It’s scary both with jump scares, creepiness, and scary how families can hold things back from each other. I could talk about Hill House for ever...I mean forever (muhahaha). But seriously it is probably one of the best TV Series I have ever seen.

Also fun is “Crimson Peak”. It got a bad rap because people didn’t realize its a Gothic Romance. So it’s got your elements of horror, but at its core it’s a romance. If you’re okay with that (think classics like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights etc) then it’s actually a good film full of ghosts. The ghosts are great because Guillermo del Toro is amazing and used real people for ghosts crossed with SFX so they retain an element of reality. Makes it scarier.

If you watch any of these please let me know what you think!
  • savannahs21
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @fstrickl I've actually watched both and I thought that The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix was ok. Crimson Peak was great. I'm currently watching season 5 of Lucifer and after i need to finish Ozark so when I'm finish i'm really looking forward to watching horror,thriller type of movies/shows.
  • gategannesh
    gategannesh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like all parts of the movie Mirrors
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @fstrickl I've actually watched both and I thought that The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix was ok. Crimson Peak was great. I'm currently watching season 5 of Lucifer and after i need to finish Ozark so when I'm finish i'm really looking forward to watching horror,thriller type of movies/shows.

What someone out there doesn’t love Hill House 😭 haha. I’ll get over it I guess.

What about Midsommar or The Witch by Robert Eggers? I’ll add Susperia in the mix too, I disliked it the though. Just a little too weird for me at the end, it’s got A LOT of metaphors and symbolism running through it. (Call Me By Your Name is the directors other movie and IMO it’s the superior film).