Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options
To our 50 great participants please carry on our conversations here..... THANKS!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    First off I must say thanks everyone for your warm wishes and praise.... it is humbling. I hope you all made your way here.

Welcome deb1jim - I hear you... I am 5'6" and want to be under 200 too.... and never see the other side of it again!!! :drinker:

sherrillg - so glad that you have been able to find relieve to that pain, it can so debilitating. Must be nice to be able to push your grandchildren around

skinnyb450 - I just need your start weight and your goal weight for the spreadsheet

elainecollins - It is just going to be a matter to get into a routine with tracking and exercising and you will be fine!

jennibfit4life - you have to tell more about Brazilian Butt workout - God knows that is where half of my weight is... LOL....is it cardio... sor more strength stuff like squats?
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    First off I must say thanks everyone for your warm wishes and praise.... it is humbling. I hope you all made your way here.

Welcome deb1jim - I hear you... I am 5'6" and want to be under 200 too.... and never see the other side of it again!!! :drinker:

sherrillg - so glad that you have been able to find relieve to that pain, it can so debilitating. Must be nice to be able to push your grandchildren around

skinnyb450 - I just need your start weight and your goal weight for the spreadsheet

elainecollins - It is just going to be a matter to get into a routine with tracking and exercising and you will be fine!

jennibfit4life - you have to tell more about Brazilian Butt workout - God knows that is where half of my weight is... LOL....is it cardio... sor more strength stuff like squats?
    Yes jennibfit4life please do tell, I also have excess rear end issues.:sad:
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Here!

This is really great to focus on my goals until the end of the year, and my water intake this week has definitely increased!

Happy almost-Friday! Thinking this long holiday weekend could be like trying to avoid landmines... fun, friends, bbq's, etc... eek! Monday is weigh-in :-/ Strategies to share???
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you have had a good day. Well although I really like open groups I have to admit that I understand the reason for closing this one. It was really getting popular. dfeledichuk you have done such a good job keeping track of all the wonderful new members but I hope now things will settle down a bit. Thanks for all your organizing and support.

I went for my C25K run/walk today. I have only one more run till I complete the program but I am not satisfied yet. I am really slow so I have heard that a way to get faster is to add walking intervals into your run. This seems kind of ironic since I started C25K to add running intervals into my walk. So after I complete my next run I will be running 2 minutes and walking 1 minute all the way around the lake 1 day a week and then on the other extend my period of running (30 minutes for now) more and more until I can make it around the lake either by covering more ground in the time I run or by running longer or possibly both. Once I have been able to make it around the lake I will feel like I accomplished what I have set out to do with C25K. Tomorrow is my Zumba day. My husband is taking more time off around the weekend so it should be nice. I guess you could say that I will be focusing on staying on track through the long weekend. My mom has had some medical problems, most of my family is out of town and my daughter is getting ready to start school and to apply to colleges. So not really planning much partying.
    Again feel free to add me as a friend for support for this group if I haven't already added you.

paxetamore I have had to refocus on water intake this week and it is improving again. It seems to be a constant struggle for me.
    Keri
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options

LOL....well, I saw this online the other day and looked around for reviews on it and it had really good reviews/results SO I ordered it. :happy:

After doing the first one, it is cardio however I think if you were in excellent shape it may not be so much for those people BUT since I am just getting back into exercising etc, I was sweating like crazy and got a good cardio workout from it. He moves fast enough doing the squats etc, that you do get cardio from that. Sounds like some of the other workouts on the other DVD's that came with it are just toning/sculpting etc. but I just thought I would get this and alternate doing it with my Tae Bo for something different. :wink:

Here is the link: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/brazil_butt_lift.do?gclid=CIKKlK-e8qoCFQEKKgodeh3RQg&code=SEMB_GOOGLE_BBL&extcmp=14655359983&ef_id=SzFNgBD6Zy8AAEsJ:20110828145022:s

Jenn
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    great going everyone, this is really hepling to keep me on track.
    xx
  • gash200
    Options
    Bump for later...Thanks.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I wish everyone a great & safe weekend. For those of us in the US it's a holiday weekend for us. Have a safe and healthy eating weekend. : )

Tam
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I wish everyone a great & safe weekend. For those of us in the US it's a holiday weekend for us. Have a safe and healthy eating weekend. : )

Tam

It is a holiday weekend up here in Canada as well! Have a safe weekend everyone.. and good luck on sticking to your goals over the long weekend!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Wow! 50! I never expected the group to grow so large.

Welcome everyone.

Here's to everyone making their Christmas wishes come true!

:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting me join :bigsmile: - This will be my FIRST ever challenge and I am so excited. Thank you Sabrina for encouraging me to join the group :flowerforyou:
    My name is Cathy - I turned 49 this year - I am very happily married for 26years - Have 2 x children - My daughter 22 is at Uni - My son 20 is working full time.
    I work part time Mon - Thurs and gave up smoking on the 12/5/2010 - I think I just ate and ate to reward myself for not smoking and have put on 31kgs (arrggghhhhh) - 15kg from quitting smoking and another 15+ from peri-menopause I think.

I have lost 11kg so far since joing MFP on 1/1/11 - Was going great guns then injured my calf muscle in a "Step" class and was out of action for about 3 months which totally stalled my weight loss - but now am back on track and determined to continue what I started :smile:

My start weight is 88,3kg - 194lbs
    CW 77.0kg - 169lbs

Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    GW for Chirstmas - 67.0kg
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Thank you so much for letting me join :bigsmile: - This will be my FIRST ever challenge and I am so excited. Thank you Sabrina for encouraging me to join the group :flowerforyou:
    My name is Cathy - I turned 49 this year - I am very happily married for 26years - Have 2 x children - My daughter 22 is at Uni - My son 20 is working full time.
    I work part time Mon - Thurs and gave up smoking on the 12/5/2010 - I think I just ate and ate to reward myself for not smoking and have put on 31kgs (arrggghhhhh) - 15kg from quitting smoking and another 15+ from peri-menopause I think.

I have lost 11kg so far since joing MFP on 1/1/11 - Was going great guns then injured my calf muscle in a "Step" class and was out of action for about 3 months which totally stalled my weight loss - but now am back on track and determined to continue what I started :smile:

My start weight is 88,3kg - 194lbs
    CW 77.0kg - 169lbs

Week 3 - 169 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    GW for Chirstmas - 67.0kg 147lbs
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Water check in :drinker: :drinker: Just finished my 8 glasses of H2O :drinker: :drinker:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Water check in :drinker: :drinker: Just finished my 8 glasses of H2O :drinker: :drinker:

Awesome- it does get easier!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    whew...I was wondering why there were no new posts in the old thread. We've moved :flowerforyou: I kept checking the see when the last post was and it was 14 hours ago. I was thinking geeze, did we all fall off the wagon ?? :laugh:

So it's the start of the holiday weekend. I had a great Boot Camp class that totally rocks my world. I just love it. The hubby and boys are off camping in the national forest with scouts, and tomorrow I get to go hiking in Zoar Valley with my best girlfriend. :bigsmile: I've never been , so I am really excited.

I noticed today my workout sportsbra one piece thingy was loose around the middle stomach section and I remember when it was tight. :blushing: So that was a lovely way to start the weekend. Feeling pretty stoked about it.

I've never had trouble drinking water. Yesterday before 10 am I had already drank 2- 36 oz. bottles and got a 16 oz. one down before noon. That's a lot of water ! I was at work and we are setting up our kitchens for the start of school next week, so I was hot.

Welcome skinnyb, and thanks dfeledichuk for closing the group. I felt lost in the last one that remained open through the whole month. I'm glad I made the cut. :drinker:

I've still not eaten any dessert since Wednesday.... yea !!!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Friday is nearly over, hope everyone had a great day ! Welcome to everyone :flowerforyou: And....All I want for Christmas is my goal .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I got the water today too ! YEA :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: LOL, I just realized, my profile picture is Christmas 2010 at my mothers house. Maybe I can post a new smaller version.:bigsmile: Christmas 2011 !!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! Had a great day. Ate spinach and cucumbers on my breakfast sandwich! YAY (I really don't like veggies) AND 2 veggie burgers for dinner (they count too, right? LOL) Tons of water and a great workout tonight. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo so I'm ready to rack up the miles. Everyone have a great weekend!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    LHann360 - glad you found us again, yes we were getting a little big, and I wanted to make sure we stayed small enough to support each other, so here we are.... sounds like you have a great weekend planned, hiking sounds fun.... and I think anyone doing a bootcamp is brave. And holy WOW on the water.

Brobin41101 - you need a new pic up there girlfriend!!! - will be waiting in great anticipation

sherrillg - veggies for breakfast wow, you are my hero I could never do that! Great for you.

I was proud of myself, I was too busy today to go for a walk at lunch, came home and was pooped after an hour of sitting on the couch, got my big butt up and went to the gym and hit the treadmill - didn't feel popped after, funny how that is.

And here is to all the drinkers out there :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: water that is! Glad everyone is doing so well with it this week.
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for creating this challenge... I already have a new friend because of the X-Mas Challenge!!! Aloha, Maui Sue