What's your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• brittmiles07
    Options
    I was at an event with all you can eat chicken nuggets and pizza and I only felt the need to eat a LITTLE BIT, instead of as many as I could without anyone noticing I was eating all the food.

That's awesome! I've been so proud of myself for not sneaking into the kitchen at work and eating all the snacks like I used it.

I'm new here...what does NSV stand for? I can figure out what it means, but not the exact words, LOL.

Non-scale victory.

Thanks!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Size 3/4 jeans are too big in the waist - need a belt, which I also had to poke another hole in.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I got called "Smallbum", I threw out a sackful of too-big clothes, and someone I haven't seen for a year said, "I hope you don't mind me saying, but you've lost a TON of weight!"
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I saw pictures of myself back in March/April time and one from the other day and I look really good - vain I know but to hell with it - I look GOOD for the first time in FOREVER!
    Plus, I saw my ex and he told me my bottom had shrunk! :happy:
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Being able to wear a pair of black work pants which had been really tight across my legs and waist and now fit really nicely, somebody said yesterday that I was glowing ;o)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Mine is non diet/exercise related. I am doing an opera course this week and have sung some really quite hard songs while being made to jump up and down, touch the floor, wave my arms around, all sorts of distracting things. I am hoping to do the Queen of the Night tomorrow in the end of day concert.

JEALOUS!!!!! THIS IS SO FREAKIN' COOL! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I saw pictures of myself back in March/April time and one from the other day and I look really good - vain I know but to hell with it - I look GOOD for the first time in FOREVER!

Congrats on seeing the ex! I bet it was great seeing him and knowing you look better than you did when with him and love yourself for it!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is that I only gained 1lb.

Seriously 5 out of 7 days I was over! Last weekend was awful and on Sunday I was 1000 cals over (the first and LAST time since signing up here I have been that far over calories!)

Best case scenario would have been to stay the same, but a small gain was expected.

On the upside I will keep to plan this weekend. Last Friday I was a 1lb down and that kind of sent me spiralling into a bad week!
  • missduffbug
    Options

Congrats on seeing the ex! I bet it was great seeing him and knowing you look better than you did when with him and love yourself for it!

I felt REALLY good! I know it's a bit twisted but I liked the fact he was looking at me like that and I could say to myself 'IT'S SOOOO HIS LOSS - HE SHOULD OF MADE THE MOST OF IT WHEN WE WERE TOGETHER!!!'
    How bad am I? teehee
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Putting on size 8 jean shorts and they were to big! On to size 6's! I started this journey a size 16 in the spring.
  • tashacan
    Options
    #1 - I worked out for 50 minutes on my elliptical rather than 20!
    #2 - My sleep pants almost fell to my ankles! :laugh:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The other day I raised my arms over my head while drying my hair, and I saw MUSCLES in my arms! I was so shocked I put down the hair dryer and flexed a couple of times. :laugh:

And someone at work told me yesterday that I have inspired her to get in shape. Wow. :blushing:
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    Had a couple actually!

I decided to finally clean out my closet and now have a HUGE pile of clothes to donate...all because they are too big :)

I quit running for a month to do the 30 day shred and was still able to run a mile (at a faster pace no less) when I started again on Monday. Trust me this is really good for me, as I am the world's worst runner lol.

Realizing that I actually need to dry my clothes now so they shrink, instead of hanging them so they don't!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling really good about myself in general lately, but today I did have a NSV. I'm wearing a pair of capris I bought earlier this summer. When I got them, they were a little tight, but not too too bad. Today, I noticed they're really loose. It's a good feeling.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was playing a dance game on the Wii and I had to keep a grip on my jeans with both hands to keep them from falling off! (I was in mixed company.) Before I started MFP, I couldn't wear those jeans. ;)
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    I'm loving all these great stories, keep them coming :flowerforyou:
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been off training due to sinusitis and a bad cold for two and a half week. Was finally able to start training again this week - and I haven't been half as badly out of shape as I thought. I was able to run 30 minutes on Monday and 45 minutes on Wednesday just fine. Going for the full hour/10k tomorrow; trying to figure out if I will be ready for a half marathon in three weeks.

Oh, and I went shopping yesterday. And even though I still carry an extra three-four pounds from our summer vacation, I fit perfectly in a size 38 pencil skirt! (European size 38, I guess that's an UK 10-12, US size 8 or something.)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My COMPRESSION PANTS were falling off during my run. I had to pull them up constantly.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    OK..I got a couple #1 I was called a "hottie"by my boss(female, not sexual harassment..lol), the drive thru guy said "hey beautiful"to me when I pulled up and a guy (a nice lookin one, too) got off his chair in the library and slid it to me...ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!! And #2 My hubby hugged me and then said "woah, where'd all this muscle come from?" :bigsmile:
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    c25k is couch to 5 km - great if you want to start running :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!