Sweet tooth remedies?

2»

Replies

• dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    I actually started drinking flavored tea whenever I wanted some kind of candy. My favorites include green chia, Vanilla caramel, lemon lift, and toasted coconut. At first I would add a some sugar to the tea but slowly cut back and now it is sweet enough for me without it.

Some days though a little good quality chocolate is need. So I just adjust my calories for that day to fit in one serving of chocolate.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    I do dark chocolate covered almonds (or whatever other nut I find). I try to stay above 60% cocoa. I am also trying to learn how to make my own fruit "leather" (think healthy fruit rollup). You can also purchase them. Though I don't crave sweets often, they absolutely satisfy when I do.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    One serving Greek yogurt mixed with about five grams sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix, chilled in the freezer a few minutes, and topped with five grams hagel. Hagel is like super high quality Dutch chocolate sprinkles. It comes in milk, dark and white chocolate. Five grams is more than enough to make you feel like you’re pigging out on a sweet chocolaty treat. The whole thing comes less than 125 calories and is the size and texture of a nice bowl of ice cream. Add a couple drops of sugar free syrup if you like. I have some chocolate peppermint left over from the holidays and it is OMG good mixed in with the yogurt and pudding.

Their “20 gram” serving is ridiculous, but the Dutch like to slather bread with butter and then pour the hagel on. A little of this stuff goes a long way.

A box will last you months, even years, at 5 grams a serving. Just put “hagelslag” or “hagel” in the search at amazon.

Thank me later. No kidding. This stuff is like infinitesimally tiny chocolate heaven. No comparison the the utterly tasteless sprinkles we get in the USA.

vlgne3oyifup.jpeg
    gwegidt5km7y.jpeg
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I like buying frozen blueberries or strawberries (no added sugar) and I let them sit for an hour to sorta halfway thaw out. So it’s like a bit of a frozen treat for me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I've made popsicles out of blended and then frozen raspberries and strawberries. Yum, although for me a summer thing.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Cover blueberries entirely with Greek yogurt (a little stevia mixed in or not) and freeze...Really yummy.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2020
    Dum Dum pops because they're minimally caloric {20 ~ 25 calories each, depending upon the package}, most imperatively they take longer to consume than most edibles & thus I feel, like I am consuming more food. Plus there's plenty of flavors, to substitute several varieties of high calorie dessert items with.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Sometimes when im craving something i eat crackers. It's salty and crunchy and offers some kind of fix, pathetic as it may be
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Tootsie roll mini-midgees have 5 calories a piece for a chocolate fix
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    I often feel this way after lunch at work and so my alternate is to chew on sugar free mint gum. It tends to stop the chocolate craving 95% of the time. Another good option is peppermint tea.
    I think both are good choices as the taste of mint tends to put me off wanting to eat something else.
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don't really have much of a sweet tooth except for when I'm pms'ing.

Or so I thought. ;) Then I realized I eat something sweet almost every day--fruit, ice cream, dark chocolate, frozen Greek yogurt bars like what Yasso makes. If I go a long time w/o having something like that, then I start to crave sweets like crazy--and the craving is usually for the more potent, high-calorie sweet packages. A piece of fruit wouldn't cut it at that point lol. So I guess my remedy is to make "sweets" part of my regular diet but w/o eating things that are *really* high in sugar. I love brownies and sundaes with caramel topping, for example, but I eat those only rarely bc they're relatively high calorie and don't give me much nutrition. The other stuff that I eat fits fine on a daily basis for me and keeps me from craving brownies. (I find it hard to limit myself to one serving of a brownie--they're so small!--but I'm fine with 1 serving of ice cream.)
  • No sugar added sweet pickles -0 calories
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Justin’s dark Chocolate pb cups they always s hit that craving I have one or half of one I work into my calories or use on a higher carb days or my free day knowing I will have it just not today helps
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    I'll sometimes have a piece of dark chocolate. It's not so sweet and it also has a decent amount of caffeine. It perks me up after lunch.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    The 60 calorie sugar free Jello Puddings hit the spot with me.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    I eat a small Belgian chocolate every evening. An individually wrapped portion is 10gr and 55 kcal. I break up the square in 16 pieces (4*4) and that gets me through an episode of whatever series before going to bed. The 70% is so intense in flavour, it lingers for quite some time.
    xcqj84gqs5d1.png