60 yrs and up

Replies

• lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    kudos to you nightkit6 for quitting smoking. Hang in there it gets easier after a while and you probably already feel much better ;)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    Happy hump day, all! Several of you mentioned hip and knee issues. Consider using some hiking poles when you're out walking. They help me a lot, particularly on the downhill portions on hikes. Many of them are collapsible and light - makes it easy to take them along anytime.
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    royboy969 wrote: »
    Hi!

Please add me. I'm 68, just coming off of 3 spinal surgeries for herniated discs, and I want to lose 20 more pounds (down 38 from 3 years ago).

Julia

Hey Julia, first off you don't look 68. Hopefully the surgeries will give you some of your mobility back. Please feel free to add me. I am just getting back to it after surgery to relieve pressure on a nerve core in my neck.

Roy

Thank you!

My pain started as Sciatica in my left thigh only. My 1st MRI showed a C5 disc and 4 Lumbar discs. The surgeon did the cervical disc 1st and that one hurt the worst. This was my 1st experience with Oxycodone and I almost became addicted. Every waking moment concerned making sure I didn't run out. Thankfully, I learned from this, and on the next 2 surgeries I weaned myself off quickly.

Doing well now as long as I take some NSAIDS and some prednisone every day.
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Good evening. Glad to see the new joins and returning posts. I'm doing good, keeping busy with exercise, knitting and art class. Busy hands aren't feeding the snack monster still hiding in the back of my mind. Thanks for the hiking pole suggestion @alteredsteve175, you've got me reading reviews and checking videos for poles that could make beach and rocky terrain easier to navigate. Take care all. Om....
  • lynnchristy
    Good morning 60 and uppers :) scrambled egg in a cup with onion, black olives and cheddar cheese with 2 strips of bacon Yummy. If every day were like today... You'd weigh 219.4 lbs in 5 weeks... I am doing a happy dance being as my all time high was 260 :o

Welcome to the newbies, aecjones 13#s you go girl, Sharon, wow you're a queen :) Great job...Doing my queenly curtsy, Bev you've (all) come to the right place for encouragement and support :) I eat low carb, too it's works for me better than any way of eating I've tried.

Shout out to my friends :D

Have a blessed day everyone <3
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Evenin’ everyone. I had a good day today.a leg session and 40 mins on the bike at the gym. Excellent on food. To add to the bone and joint complaints😈 I was just diagnosed with severe inflammation of the bones in my foot! Hence, the bike. Have a trip to Italy coming up and it had better be cured by then!!!
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Hope you folks have had a great day! I've been sick with allergies the last few days so that's thrown me off, but am now on the mend so was able to get out and take a good walk today. Still futzing around with my food intake and trying to get the macronutrient ratios right, but that will come with time as the menu planning gets sorted out. It's a puzzle getting that figured out, but an interesting one.
  • lynnchristy
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone <3

Congrats Siberian2590 - you are doing it! bethe - did you notice the pie graph that is under our daily food log now? That should help some with the macronutrient ratios. I eat low carb and have a time getting enough fiber sometimes. bacpath - Hang in there, you're doing great with exercising even with all the obstacles. You will have a wonderful time in Italy, I'm sure :)

Shout out to all my friends :D
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Just found this group and I am in. 64 yrs old, been on this site for years, but keep losing and then gaining it back after life throws hurdles. I have been back logging since first of year, down a few pounds but need the encouragement of a group my age! Been reading all your past posts. Inspiring! Thanks. I am active, walk, hike, ellip and yoga, just started 3 times week weights again. My downfall is night binge eating after stressful work days... happens about once a week, but want to get that down to 0. Appreciate the support. Live in VA
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Hi Ngardens56. Welcome. This is a great group for daily check in. Lots of ideas and support.
  • lynnchristy
    Welcome n2gardens56 (((hug))) you've come to the right place for encouragement and support. Good morning fellow 60 and uppers :) I had a keto chocolate mug cake for breakfast today, yummy :pbacpath (Bev) good to see you, how goes the fight even with the obstacles that keep coming at you? When do you leave for Italy? Siberian2590, good for you ;) stick to dark chocolate and you should be okay LOL ... j29t, you are such an inspiration <3 I have a time with get togethers because there is always good or bad (however you look at it) stuff to eat. I am going to think about how you made healthy food picks easily... you go girl. bethe, how are you doing? better I hope.

Shout out to all my friends :D

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong in the good fight B)