Best Protein Powder/ loosing weight gaining muscle

13»

Replies

• magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    In the words of Rich Piana "protein powders....GARBAGE!" I wouldn't waste your money on protein powders, I took them for years and found getting what I need from food is the best thing you can do.

What? The same guy who needs to shaker cups of protein and intra-workout carbs for his 8 hour arm workout says protein powder is garbage? What was he putting in the shaker cups, liquefied chicken?
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    In the words of Rich Piana "protein powders....GARBAGE!" I wouldn't waste your money on protein powders, I took them for years and found getting what I need from food is the best thing you can do.

Yes, let's take advice from a guy who was on steroids and died from a drug overdose. Much better than protein powders. /sarcasm.

OP, if you find yourself falling short on protein, than supplementation is a good way to help with that. I prefer PEScience or Quest. I have found no better brands.

But gaining muscle is not only about good nutrition, but it's also about following a solid lifting program. Depending what your goals are, you can look at the below list to figure out where is a good place to start. StrongCurves is by far the most popular, but Thinner, Leaner, Stronger and Stephanie Buttermore's programs are also solid.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Because Rich abused his body with PEDs doesn't mean he wasn't knowledgable about nutrition....he was a champion body builder FFS, go watch his videos on nutrition or you could waste your money I dont care

I would assume that someone who was truly a good source on nutritional information would manage to reach champion bodybuilder status without using steroids.

😂 ok. You need to educate yourself on the sport and the capabilities of the human body, to be a champion bodybuilder you have to take PEDs that's an accepted fact across the sport.

If PEDs are required to participate, it's not a "sport," as you're not testing the capabilities of the human body but the capabilities of human pharmaceuticals.

In either case, you should refrain from giving information to people who aren't interested in PEDs, you're in a whole different realm than those of us using food and exercise to meet our goals.

Ok if you say so 😂, also I never brought the subject of PEDs up..read above, I also never said I use them and nor do I, so behave yourself.

You recommended a known PED user as an expert on nutrition and then defended his use as essential to the sport. My comments to you are based on that. In either case, it isn't applicable to people who are using food and exercise to meet their goals, so let's focus on advice relevant to that group, okay?

So he used PEDs and? His knowledge of nutrition and training become null and void as a result? Don't be ridiculous.

His knowledge becomes severely lacking in applicability to anyone doing natural body building. There are people in foreign countries where PEDs are legal (or decriminalized for personal use at least) with a high cost of protein who use them because of the changes in protein breakdown and nitrogen balance - thus reducing their need for protein intake. Doesn't their knowledge and success show you that there is something different how the body uses protein when one is a PED user?
  • strongernurse
    strongernurse Posts: 98 Member
    My favorite is VMI Protolyte powder. Easily digestible.