Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    Good morning! I had a proud moment yesterday. My husband loves food and for Valentine’s Day I ordered in from a pizza place. I planned ahead for a salad and one slice of pizza. It also came with desert which I didn’t have. I accounted for all the calories and was only over by 100 for the day yesterday. There were many times throughout the day that I found a reason why I should be eating just one bite of desert or one cookie or one.... but I resisted!!!

We are going ice fishing for the day today. I don’t have many groceries in my house for healthy snacks but I’m going to get creative and count my calories ahead of time so I know exactly what I can eat and I don’t overdue it.

Feel free to share a time where you were proud of yourself recently 🙂.
  • natsunekko
    natsunekko Posts: 4 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    I exercise on the fit board, and now I'm checking out 3 different exercise programs at the senior center. One is chair yoga, one is strength exercise and the other one is strength & balance. Although I'm not 60+ ( I am standing on the doormat to enter that realm ), I am more than welcome and it doesn't cost a dime.

Oh! Thank you for the reminder about the senior center. I need to check out the one near me. I love how senior places have accommodations for mobility issues, and are always welcoming. I wish there were "middle age" centers with that atmosphere.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome aboard wsirwin3 & Armygirl - you are MORE than welcome.

All you need to do is tell us your starting weight ( claim the number ), which you have done, then "you" choose a weigh in date that works for you, and check in with your lose or gain ( accountability ) once a week. Meanwhile, join us anytime for any inspiration, advise, joys or just to vent. Can't wait to get to know you. <3
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday. Talk about a self esteem killer, lol. Thought I would be an 18 or a 20, ended up buying a 22 - still, that’s a dress size down from my wedding dress about a year and a half ago. Wedding isn’t until August, I wasn’t wearing shapewear (as I went straight there from work), and I have historically lost weight much faster in the summer when I am not dealing with sommuch stress, so I thought about buying the 20 anyway, but they assured me they could take in up to 2 sizes without compromising the dress, we’ll see.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    After a brutal week which was mentally tiring, I still managed to lose weight. (Will post the numbers when I get into that comp). Two days over calories, two days waaaay under. A couple of missed workouts. I'll take it.
    This week on vacation - well most of the week might have to go it to finish up what was going on that week.
    Today I got an hour on my total gym then an hour or so if reading. Now onto cleaning. Then the Daytona 500 is on. 😊
    Hope you all have a great day.
  • bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    Hi everyone! In Canada it’s family day weekend - I hope my fellow Canadians are enjoying some time with their families!

Yesterday was a bit of a bust. We went to an ice fishing fundraiser and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I didn’t have many groceries in my house so it was hard to pack healthy snacks. There were going to be hot dogs so I tracked two.

Problem is, I was stress eating before going. Sometimes I get a fast sugar crash with the shakes and if I’m not near food I panic. So I think I was nervous this might happen so I kept eating and eating (fairly healthy stuff) before going. And because I wasn’t sure what the washroom situation was, I was afraid to drink too much water, which probably triggered me to feel hungry when I was actually thirsty!

Soooooo lol. I ate almost all my calories before leaving at 11am!!! I had the two hot dogs and some crackers on our way home. So overall I’m happy considering I wasn’t in a controlled situation

Im going grocery shopping tomorrow and will plan my meals for the week and make sure I have snacks on hand. Lesson learned about stress eating.

I hope everyone had a great day! Thanks for listening to my thoughts.
  • bellanbear
    bellanbear Posts: 34 Member
    Jan 1: 222
    Jan 8: 219.2
    Jan 15: 216.4
    Jan 22: 214.2
    Jan 29: 212.4
    February Goal Weight: 207 lbs
    2/3/2020: 212
    2/10/2020: 209.8
    2/17/2020: 209.8
    2/24/2020:
    2/29/2020:

I started working out with a trainer 2 days a week along with walking on the treadmill 3 days a week. We had our first 2 workout sessions last week and I am so thankful I did not see the expected weight gain. So now we hope that we will start showing a loss next weigh in.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Total January loss:12 Lbs (finished weight 250)

Feb. 3: 248
    Feb. 10: 248
    Feb. 17: 245
    Feb. 25:

I already posted about having a butt in chair week last week, plus no loss the week before. I am happy at -3 lbs.
    Got in a quick 10 minutes this morning, hoping to kick it with cleaning then maybe another 10 or 20 minutes later. Breakfast with my aunts and nephew tomorrow morning. Then maybe a couple hours of work. I will be 100% happy if they say they don't need me though!
    Already 1.5 books read on my vacation!!! I get so behind reading and I love to read!
    I am sure there have been plenty of NSV's in the past week but right now I can't think of one I can post ;)

• ladycopnh1
    Total January loss: -9

Feb. 4: 258
    Feb. 11: 258
    Feb. 18: 255
    Feb. 25:

Total February loss:

My first goal in this challenge was to get to 253.
    My challenge to myself is to loose 10pds a month, so I have 5pds to go.
  • ladycopnh1
    FatimaStarts - where are you ? We miss you !!
    lasttimelooser
    Alexandra
    gabi - I hope you girls are doing ok / great. Please let us know.
  • ladycopnh1
    6PDS...wow !!!
  • TOM finally showed up and so I'm just going to keep on keeping on and waiting for my uterus to get tired of trying to chew its way out of the small of my back. (sigh)