WELCOME🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹❤
    I'm Mary.😀 Happy Weekend

Hello Mary.. Thank you for the welcome! 💐
  • 2omonths
    2omonths Posts: 94 Member
    Hi @wizdom70 and @bidingmytime! I just started JFT also. Welcome. 🙂🙂
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Feel short yesterday.. still came in green but had hoped to be about 1000 calories green to make up for day before and well... cake (:

Today’s goal. Daughter turns 13 today

-work out/Zwift ride
    -shoot for 750-1000 calorie deficit
    -grocery shop
    -going to cheese cake factory for dinner. Skip dessert. Eat smart
  • I agree with Cake fail lol Yesterday was my mom's birthday so we had cake and streak and shrimp and egg rolls. I think overall it came out to about 2000 calories only because it was my only meal of the day lol. Today I will be back on it and do better. the egg rolls are always my downfall cause I could easily snack on those all day long. Committed to hydrating and eating a low carb meal today!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Yesterday was a super-productive day - I checked off everything on my list! Planning another busy day so I can do something fun with my daughter's family tomorrow. Love these long weekends!

Goals for Saturday, February 15, 2020 :)
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym - √
    • Laundry - √ - Finished the jeans and gym clothes
    • Household chores 60+ min - √ - Got a lot of little chores done
    • Grading/email/LMS updates - √ - Responded to email and topic proposals
    • Online course HW - √ - Read 3 articles and posted a brief comment

JFT Goals for Sunday, February 16, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Walk in the park
    • Finish laundry
    • Household chores 60+ min
    • Make something from one of my new cookbooks
    • Online work 60+ min
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    @teigansdad - Happy birthday to your daughter! And welcome to the joyful, exciting, and sometimes challenging world of teen parenting :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. AM grading: 20 narratives.
    3. Run. (Walked.)
    4. PM grading: 20 narratives.
    5. Dinner. Watch movie.
    6. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 28. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH. Note - when redoing work on CommonLit, students must ask to have the assignment unsubmitted so that they can see which answers they picked.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. AM grading: Finish narratives.
    3. Run - 6 miles.
    4. PM grading: All class 3 poetry projects. Revise unit plan.
    5. Dinner. Watch movie.
    6. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 28. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH. Note - when redoing work on CommonLit, students must ask to have the assignment unsubmitted so that they can see which answers they picked.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January:
    Today: n/a

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. The morning is mostly gone and my grading is not done. UGHHHH.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Hi all,

This will be short as it is way past my Sunday bedtime. Had a quiet but productive day at home. Never feel like I get enough done even when I have a really productive day, but I have to trust it was enough.

Just for Today-Sunday
    Sunday chores ✅
    Finish 1 report ✅ I got two done!
    Do dishes ✅
    80 oz water ❌ started late
    Tidy up for 15 minutes ❌ pretty good from the week though
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups ✅
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories) ✅
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals ✅

Just for Today-Monday
    Finish 1 report
    80 oz water
    Do dishes
    Tidy up for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories)
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    I’ve read and kept caught up this weekend, but I’ve also spent some time doing things off of my phone and social media.

I don’t go back to work until Wednesday and I’m quite happy about that. Tomorrow is Family Day here in Alberta and Tuesday I am taking a lieu day for a dental appointment and to get my hair coloured.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home
    - No alcohol

- Take regular ‘breathe/ reframe’ breaks at work to manage emotions
    - Positive affirmations

- Finish work by 7pm
    - Laundry
    - Make lunches
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Read French book
    - Quality time
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 sending you hugs and best wishes for you operation and subsequent recovery
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday February 17

I’m not happy with my recent efforts and and I’m recommitting today. @TerriRichardson112 please can you add me to the shamrock challenge.

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member

SUNDAY:
    - sing for one mass today 🟢
    - Pack up for ski trip🟢

Yesterday’s goals were a little too easy, but we were traveling and I wasn’t sure what the day would be like. I was terrible at tracking last week, so I’m looking forward to starting the shamrock challenge! I even brought my food scale on vacation with me! 🤣

JFT MONDAY:
    - track everything
    - Stay green
    - get exercise
    - Have fun with the family!

Good luck to everyone starting the challenge! 🍀
  • teigansdad
    @HEGoddard0928
    Woman’s issues don’t bother me Any. I work in healthcare. Plus besides a big orange tabby cat I’m outnumbered in my house (:
    Sending prayers from NC for your surgery, recovery and all the stress: emotional, physical and financial associated with it

• teigansdad
    Goals for Sunday-
    Back in the saddle (happy to report). Dang it’s hard to stay under calories going out to dinner. Had I not burned 1100 calories and fasted prior there is no way I would have met my goal. The average dish at Cheesecake Factory was 1500 calories and the cheesecakes all around 1800-2000 calories. I skipped dessert

Monday goals
    (Have today off)

-sufferfest
    -get daughter at noon
    -aim for about 1000 cal deficit (with exercise)
    -get tax papers together and make appointment
    -get daughter to dermatology appointment
    Make a nice dinner
    Pack lunches for Tuesday
    Laundry
  • teigansdad
    Thanks @beachwalker99
    We are so blessed. Our daughter is one awesome young lady
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    @aubyshortcake You two are an adorable couple! Hope you had fun at the fair. Were there any rides? Did your partner win you any cute prizes? <3