The Diamond Challenge - Shining Diamonds (Wk 2: Round 5)

Options

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I have never been diagnosed with depression, but when I was at my highest weight I probably should have been. Lately I have been depressed a bit. My husband decided the life we had made was not one he wanted. Not long after he left, he lost his job. I haven't worked in 15 years and apparently I really don't have much to offer. My days often have sad moments. Mostly I try to tell myself I can't change the past, but I can change my reaction to it. I cry a little and then say okay, do something about it!
  • psychofied
    Options
    QOTD 5: Have you ever been depressed? How do you deal with depression...

Im not diagnosed but I think I have some tendencies. I usually have "days" when I just want to cry for no apparent reason. I tend to ruin everything.

I can't say how I deal with it. I just think that this day will pass.
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is the place but... yay! Down 1.4 pounds in five days!
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    Yes. I suffer from depression. It's hard when you are down to get motivated to exercise. Just getting out of bed is a task. I do take 2 anti-depressants they work but I still have trouble. I try to be as positive as I can but sometimes it is really hard.
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QOTD Day 5 : What is your favorite healthy snack to give you a boost and keep you going?! (i know yesterdays was posted as day 5 but i think I am supposed to be 5 lol)

My Answer: My favorite on the go snack is a handful of almonds, an apple and a yogurt! After seeing the dietician last fall, she stressed so much the importance of eating at least three food groups at every snack or meal.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I was 17, I was diagnosed bipolar II disorder. I have had very long bouts with depression as well as weeks on an indescribable high. Neither way is good. But now I'm properly medicated, yet I still have 'break through days', days which you feel like crap even though you took your meds. But a constant running program keeps me in line. I'm the kind of person who doesn't eat when I'm upset, so diet isn't much of a factor for me.

I'm currently dealing with my bf's depression. He's gotten worse in the last month and has lost his job due to it. It's hard to help when I'm three states away for another 5 weeks and sometimes he goes days or even a week without calling. I know once he changes his meds, he'll feel worlds better, but its hard to make someone do it when you don't have the ability to simply take them, like we did the first time he had trouble.
  • emi_esp
    Options
    QOTD Day 5 : What is your favorite healthy snack to give you a boost and keep you going?!

My favorite snack right now is Emerald's Cocoa Roast Almond packs; delicious, chocolate, and only 100 calories. They're a really good source of energy too :) Also, carrots and hummus
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QOTD Day 5 : What is your favorite healthy snack to give you a boost and keep you going?!

I really love apples with peanut butter. Anything with PB is yummy!
  • Crooks0204
    Options

Bananna and a bit of peanut butter!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snack is probably fruit. I love grapes (also frozen grapes) and apple or banana with peanut butter. I also love making my own fruit smoothies. Mmmmmmm.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    QOTD Day 5 : What is your favorite healthy snack to give you a boost and keep you going?! (i know yesterdays was posted as day 5 but i think I am supposed to be 5 lol)

I love muesli/granola bars, energy shakes mixed with fruit, and frozen, blended banana! :)
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    My favorite snack is peanut butter..spread it on all kinds of things.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I live fruit. Anything from apples to grapefruit, just not raspberries. I can't like them.
  • mom715of2
    Options
    I love fruit!! Strawberries, CHerries and watermelon are a few that I like to snack on.
  • Jycooper
    Options
    my favorite snack is 100 pack almonds. Love them.
  • Jycooper
    Options
    my favorite snack is 100 pack almonds. Love them.

*correction* 100 calorie pack almonds
  • Jycooper
    Options
    Don't know if this is the place but... yay! Down 1.4 pounds in five days!

Yay, awesome job!
  • msmith5251s
    Options

Rice cakes.
  • meliturtlee
    Options

Fruits are always awesome, but when I need some processed junk food because I need it I like the fiber one bars that are only 90 calories. I get best of both worlds kind of.
  • meliturtlee
    Options

Fruits are always awesome, but when I need some processed junk food because I need it I like the fiber one bars that are only 90 calories. I get best of both worlds kind of.