Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Replies

• KristinaPS713
    KristinaPS713 Posts: 16 Member
    Question for you lovely people that came to me ask I’m reading your updates:

How often do you weigh yourself?

I used to be someone to weigh myself 2-3 times a week, but not I always weigh myself Monday morning, right after I wake up. I used to “need to know” what my weight was so much more often and then would be disappointed if I didn’t see much progress. We all know that water, maybe not working out as much the day before, etc can play huge factors in what you see on the scale.

Anyways, asking this because now that I have set a day to weigh in, I feel like I’m somewhat “looking forward” to weigh in day because I will see more progress than if I was constantly checking. Wondering what you ladies are doing to see if you have any other tips/ideas to maintaining a healthy mindset!!

As always, great work ladies!! Love reading these posts!!
  • I weigh most mornings as a check-in and am working on just seeing it as "where in the fluctuations am I?" and not stressing about it. In a day to day way I'm not stressing, but I've been having a long plateau, and that's Not Fun. Even if I can feel I'm losing weight because the thighs of my new jeans are getting loose, the bra is fitting better, etc.
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2020
    kali31337 wrote: »
    I finally hit ONE-derland!!!

Haha! I love it! ONE-derland! That's so awesome. CONGRATS to you, @kali31337! Enjoy your lifetime pass in the magical realm of ONE-derland! :smiley: I can't wait to visit there one day myself! Haven't been there since my early 20's.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    @aliciap0116 & @bidingmytime thank you!!!!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    @kali31337 Huge CONGRATULATIons!!!

weigh in daily first thing, that's where the high sodium connection of indian food and 4 lbs jump was noticed.
  • Danielle__S
    Danielle__S Posts: 29 Member
    @lbostic89 Such a great mindset! I can relate to aching feet and legs at the end of the day, but compression socks (20-30 mmHg) worked wonders! Now my only hard day is Wednesday when I'm on my feet in a tiny area for a full day of surgery cases :/

@kali31337 Congratulations on ONEderland!!! You're such an inspiration! I'll be focusing on that as a motivator tonight at the gym!

@CupcakeCrusoe I like data and patterns, too. Good stuff!

@KristinaPS713 Every day at home, twice a week at work. I hate the discrepancy between the scales at work and home because by the time I get to work I've already had breakfast and have scrubs on. Sometimes it's an 8-pound difference!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @KristinaPS713 I do just like @sharpdust does. I officially weigh in on Wednesdays and log that weight. I usually step on the scale most days but barely pay attention to it until Wednesday. It's just to make sure things are relatively on track until it's time to record my "official" weight on Wednesday.