Trying To Keep Up

Have you made a goal but haven’t been able to keep up with it? Well this discussion will give you some tips. :)

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    My goal is a 400 lb deadlift. I've been chasing after it for almost 2 years, and I'm just stalled. :mad:

I know you will get there!! You are a beast!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    My goal is a 400 lb deadlift. I've been chasing after it for almost 2 years, and I'm just stalled. :mad:

She needs to graduate from those little pink weights and high heels first.......
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

She needs to graduate from those little pink weights and high heels first.......

Those are the perfect weights for sammich makers. :wink: :laugh:
  • Tacklewasher

My kind of high heels.

I'd link to the video I'm thinking of, but man her ankle looks wrecked after.....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

My kind of high heels.

I'd link to the video I'm thinking of, but man her ankle looks wrecked after.....

I know the one you mean... 😬
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Aw, come on! We need to see this! o:)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    There are several. Here's one. :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wujeCkrD4
  • Tacklewasher
    That's the one. Man her ankle looks bad.
  • snickerscharlie
    That was painful to watch! :D

Stupidity has consequences. <nods>
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    There are several. Here's one. :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wujeCkrD4

"Functional" training at it's best!
  • snickerscharlie
    Well, at least this thread *did* come up with one good tip. Don't weight lift in high heels. :D
  • nutmegoreo
    Well, at least this thread *did* come up with one good tip. Don't weight lift in high heels. :D

Well there goes my workout plans for the weekend.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    My goal is to get better at squats. Was up to almost 1.5x my body weight when I realized I was not getting low enough. Back to lowering weights. Thoughts about bulking as I build back up? Or should I stick to maintence until I’m at least back at squatting bw (110)?
  • snickerscharlie
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Aww. Those heels looked so darned cute with your thong, though! B)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Aww. Those heels looked so darned cute with your thong, though! B)

But the gym won't let me back in. :laugh:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I’ve hit plenty of goals that I haven’t maintained. At one time I could knock out 10+ pull-ups in a row, DL 2x BW, squat 1.75XBW, had my left splits. Broken bones and other personal issues have caused me to lose strength several times. Some goals I care about getting back, others not so much anymore as I’ve moved onto other goals. Most strength/skills goals are quickly lost if you aren’t vigilant about keeping them up. But also fairly quickly regained.