What is the most disturbing thing that society accepts as a normal behaviour?

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    chopping down trees for 5G

In my neighborhood they make them disguise the cell towers as trees. 🙈
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Parents avoiding any conversation about puberty, menstruation, bodily changes, sex, etc, with their children until years too late.

I know this still happens, and that's what I'm referring to.

But I hope it happens less than in my day (Gen X). Seriously had to explain all this stuff to 80% of my female friends when we were in middle school, and let my mom fill in the gaps because all of their moms were horrified to even mention childbirth or using pads. Ridiculous.

Also Gen X...my dad gave me a book and then I had to write a report about the subject matter to show my understanding...that was my talk.

Oh no, really? Did he save it? I bet it would be entertaining to read now.
  • MelG7777
    That there is still stigma around mental health.

We all have mental health and it doesnt discriminate. Anyone, at anytime, could suffer from poor mental health. For a variety of reasons. Some people it could be genetic or an unexpected life event or a traumatic experience. I just hope all those people who discriminate against people who suffer never have to go through it themselves. Maybe then they wouldn't be so quick to point fingers and pass judgement.

Agree. ❤️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    FastTrack is a scam and I would vote for anyone who is willing to abolish it...

The rates are ridiculous, and why the hell do I have to pay to drive in a lane that we already freaking paid to build in the first place...

Those lanes should have stayed commuter lanes...

The worst part is that the company collecting the money is not even located in California... It's in freaking Arizona, wtf?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    losnmymind wrote: »
    Using Alexa or Google Home...knowing "they" are always listening. It creeps me out.

Friends have them ... I switch to Pacific dialectic languages, just to ensure there is a semblance of privacy, were I to say something to my sister that needed to stay between us.
  • MonaLisainCT
    MonaLisainCT Posts: 41 Member
    Using Alexa or Google Home...knowing "they" are always listening. It creeps me out.

I'm a caregiver, so if they're listening, they mostly hear, "Are you gonna poop?", "Are you pooping?", and "Are you done pooping yet?".

Pretty sure they have us on a 'Don't Bother' list by now. :D
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member

Thank you! I feel the same way, but my mother loves her echo.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Dootzy1 wrote: »
    Parents who want to be "friends" with their children --instead of assuming a parental role.

I just want to parent all my friends
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    That there is still stigma around mental health.

We all have mental health and it doesnt discriminate. Anyone, at anytime, could suffer from poor mental health. For a variety of reasons. Some people it could be genetic or an unexpected life event or a traumatic experience. I just hope all those people who discriminate against people who suffer never have to go through it themselves. Maybe then they wouldn't be so quick to point fingers and pass judgement.

Edit to add - the recent suicide of tv presenter Caroline flack in UK really touched my heart. I felt heart broken. She said before her death "in a world where you can be anything, be kind." So true. I spoke to my younger brother about it and he said, like so many people think, "Oh she was a celebrity, they know what they are signing up for."

No. They are human beings. Not even celebrities are immune to mental health issues. Wealth can't protect you. Words are so powerful so use yours to build others up, don't tear them down. It can end with someone ending thier life. Be kind. ❤

@FeelinFooFoo

Mad Re5pext

This post really hit close to home; it damn sure did.
  • MelG7777
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Parents who want to be "friends" with their children --instead of assuming a parental role.

I have a different action verb for what I want to do to my friends....

I hope that verb is hug....otherwise, you getting us shut down here too!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Dance Monkey...

I'm sorry but it's not a good song... 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I have a different action verb for what I want to do to my friends....

I hope that verb is hug....otherwise, you getting us shut down here too!

Yeah.... Hug...Hug, that's it.

Sure.

Hug.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    chopping down trees for 5G

In my neighborhood they make them disguise the cell towers as trees. 🙈

😂 we have these too!! They look so real!! 🤣🤣
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member

Thank you!!!!
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member