Over 200 Club Week 4 (open group)

Options

Replies

• pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah! My scale finaly moved again.. in the right direction. I am 210 as of this morning and my new 4 week goal is 202. I will try to get in some strength training. It is sooo tempting to just get on the treadmill and burn lots of calories. I know that in the long run, it's the combination of the two that will get me where I want to be. Have a super week everyone!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back from my trip, and I actually managed to lose weight while I was gone!! My new weight is 205.25 (-1.25 this week) I am guessing the 5+ hours of walking we did Friday probably helped me with that!!

New goals:
    CW- 205.25
    GW (end of March) - 195
  • whynotme
    whynotme Posts: 16
    Options
    Is this where we need to be to post for week starting 3/2? Or have we moved onto another link?
    Strength training is this week's goal?

Sorry I am out of it but my buddy and I haven't been doing much. Will be getting back into the swing of things this week...we both are doing better.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Okay.....30 minutes of strength and weight training today....focused on upper body.:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi all 25 minutes of strength training for me today!! ..which made for a 2.5 hrs of workout Gah! Im waiting for my legs to turn to jello hahhahaha...then I will just have to use my arms.:drinker: Good luck everyone!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    120 minutes of cardio and resistance training for me today!! I am pushing to be under 200 pounds by March 28th.WTG Everyone and Good Luck with the rest of the week.
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    I walked 5.5 miles yesterday for a total of 92 minutes and 4 miles today for a total of 70 minutes!:bigsmile:

3 miles yesterday (42 minutes) and 1.5 miles today (21 minutes) included some strength training moves added to the walking.:drinker:
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Sat- 15 mins
    Sun- 15 mins
    Mon- 20 mins

Today I am starting a new exercise routine so my stength mins will definitely increase!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Today...weight training....30 minutes focused on lower body.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    15 minutes strength training for me....now im off to finish the rest of my workout routine...wtg everyone!:drinker:
  • awestfall
    Options
    70 minutes of combined cardio and resistance training.
  • rosered51
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today...not as much as the previous days, but hey Biggest Loser was on and I needed my fix!:laugh:

WTG everyone! Keep up the great work!:drinker:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    geez, your kickin my butt with this strength challenge... so, i don't go to a gym yet and i had no other ideas as to how to complete this task, so last night i went to this mall and bought me a 3kg dumb-bell to practice at home... So the mall is about 2 miles away and as usual i went by foot and back carrying the dumb-bell + a big bag of other stuff i purchased, which can count for cardio, then did 6 minutes strength for a starter...

i'll try harder cos i see everyone is rockin and i am the laziest in the group :embarassed:
  • rosered51
    Options
    NAH, I am SURE that carrying all that home has to count for some kind of strength training!:laugh:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm just checking in. I haven't been doing much strength training this week due to my work sched. I have kept up with my cardio and good eating habits though :) Yesterday was the last day of Biggest Loser at work. I lost 17.2 lbs in 6 weeks!! Just had to brag a bit, I was quite excited. Have a great rest of the week... you are such a strong group!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Just checking in. I did 20 minutes of strength training in addition to other cardio on Monday. I was planning to do some strength yesterday, but I've got this awful head cold/sinus/allergy thing going on and didn't feel like doing anything! :sick: Hopefully I'll feel a little better later on today and can force myself to work out. I am drinking a lot of water, though!
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    I've done,
    60 min Sunday,
    60 min Monday
    60 min Tuesday
    66 min Wed
    so far...246 minutes this week, and it's only Wednesday! All set for Cardio...I should really start doing some strength training but I don't even know where to begin with that.

Looking forward to weigh in on Friday...
    Cheers!
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    ""Wed 03/04/09 09:20 AMHey everyone, I'm just checking in. I haven't been doing much strength training this week due to my work sched. I have kept up with my cardio and good eating habits though :) Yesterday was the last day of Biggest Loser at work. I lost 17.2 lbs in 6 weeks!! Just had to brag a bit, I was quite excited. Have a great rest of the week... you are such a strong group! ""

CONGRATS on the 17.2 pounds...go ahead and brag...you deserve a pat on the back!!! Woot Woot...keep it up!
  • rosered51
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm just checking in. I haven't been doing much strength training this week due to my work sched. I have kept up with my cardio and good eating habits though :) Yesterday was the last day of Biggest Loser at work. I lost 17.2 lbs in 6 weeks!! Just had to brag a bit, I was quite excited. Have a great rest of the week... you are such a strong group!

WTG PEG!!!!:drinker: I am so very proud of you!:flowerforyou: What a great testimonial about staying on track and taking care of yourself:flowerforyou: You GO GIRL!:bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    Options
    105 minutes of cardio and strength training for me and I also burnt 1,501 calories today.I think I am going to do another 30 minutes of cardio this evening.I will post that later.