Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty bad cold right now *Cough*...
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty bad cold right now *Cough*...

You're doomed!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    So we’re whistling in the dark and making jokes in this thread. But this week’s developments in Italy and the forecasts about this epidemic make me think things are getting a bit too real and I’m feeling spooked.

Buzzkill I know.

We're whistling in the dark like we do with any other virus or infection that's similar to influenza. The best the CDC can do is monitor it, track it, try to build up a profile and eventually (maybe) get a vaccine out and advise citizens of the best ways they can prevent the spread of communicable diseases (in general).

What the public does after that is out of their hands.
    iMago wrote: »
    i really need to get home and get me a sandwich board printed up with "bring out your dead" and a fancy bell to ring for when things kick off finally

What, you planning on making plague doctors en vogue again? :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    bl3jbd5mqbxy.gif
    I thought they said, wear a face mask....

Oops. 🙄

I just wore one of these all day long today:

Hot-Halloween-Red-nose-horrible-Face-Mask.jpg_300x300.jpg

It made my routine trip to our neighborhood bank a new adventure!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    also INB4 the first person with coronavirus goes viral after licking ice cream in a grocery store
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    0fu3gagodn59.jpeg

I was just talking to my co-worker about this today. He pointed out the number of 'epidemics' we both have lived through, and I had completely forgot about them.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    32/33 who got it will survive. That global crisis is artificial.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wash your hands
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have more fear of catching the herp at this time. 🙄
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    😲😱 we all gonna die!!!
    different causes of course..
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    The death rate is relatively low with this virus. It is being blown way out of proportion. Way more people catch flu every year and die. Usually, it is older people with health conditions who die or people who live in places where health care is poor. Every year or two there is some kind of problem. Recently, it was measles, previous to that swine flu, Ebola, etc. Ebola is the worst of them all. Corona virus isn’t a big deal. Our hospital has protocol to screen people now but honestly treatment is just supportive.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i actually been thinking about starting to do some proper prepping for end-of-the-world-SHTF type scenarios, regardless of whether or not the coronavirus plague is the one.

like i already have a ton of camping stuff cause i buy it on sale every year, whether i need it or not usually, when it goes on clearance. like freeze dried meals/oatmeal/protein powders and stuff like that. and i got i think two of the sawyer squeezes for filtered water and i think i even have a bladder bag or two that could be used for showers if i wanted one. i got some isobutane tanks floating around somewhere and different sized boilers for hot water. plus a veritable stockpile of medications and stuff.

but really i need to like sit down and start sorting things out better and getting emergency bags ready to go i suppose in case of the coronapocalypse and the next Negan who isn't me decides to start raiding the area and stealing from everyone else
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    A Chinese friend of mine said she could not find rice in two different stores. Apparently, some people are stockpiling things already. Another local store was out of water. Just for good measure, I went and bought lots of dry goods and water too. I bought my friend some rice too.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    What do folks do when they prepare for dooms day, only to never need all the stuff? Like, do they sit around for years hoping for an excuse to use it all? Let it accumulate into an Extreme Hoarders nightmare? Make avant garde trash sculptures?
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1st depending upon what 1's preparing for, preparations might be nonsensical. For instance when Hawaii had that accidental nuclear warning, I remember 1 man was stuck upon a highway, his wife was at work & children at school. If the situation were real, none of them would've made home and/or saw each other again, prior to it being too late.

2nd unless you're specifically purchasing specialty emergency rations that keep for nearly a couple of decades, grocery store bought can goods must be rotated at least every 2 years. Which means you'll either be donating and/or've to consume them prior to ever needing them, just to prevent them via going to waste by expiring.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I cringed as I opened this thread because I thought it would be another place I had to give a bunch of technical info. I was training for highly infectious disease in Alabama where they were going to bring some of the quarantined people last week. But I think I like this thread. For the most part you are all level headed or not overly excited. I like it. Love the memes. We will get through this and no need to raid the stores or buy masks. 90% of the people I saw wearing masks as I traveled this week were wearing them wrong anyway. Just wash your hands and don’t touch your face and stay home if sick. We will survive this. 😊