Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Return Socratic forms?
    3. Class A: Turn in homework. Turn in study guide answers; not accepted past X. Type Hero vs Villain. NoRedInk practice.
    4. Class B: Begin character presentation project. NoRedInk practice.
    5. Planning: Enter grades. Review and adjust plans. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run - 5 miles. Groceries. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. I am REALLY tired. And I'm having to juggle my lessons around and I'm not happy about it.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - Hi Terri! Looks like I've fallen behind on requesting shamrocks.Would you please add 3 for me (March 1, 2, and 3)? Thanks!
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/4
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 4 mile run
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,3

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️
    (Mar: 1,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2,
    Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks for February.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Have been sick. Trying to get back to work and back on track.

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on at least one work
    6. get some activity after work
    7. 6 hrs sleep
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap T 3/3
    1) Net calories green / 14c water = Measuring food more o:) & net cals green (just) :smiley: sodium -1,672 (Vigo red beans & rice) sugar green :smiley: fiber good, protein low :( 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,344 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Walk dog after work if roads ok (light snow falling, may turn to sleet/rain, then gusty winds) = 3.33 mi 1:03 (chatted briefly with other dog walkers) & stretched after :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    4) Evening: wash dishes :p what's it going to take??? / declutter 15 min. :) / other? :) read from pile, charged headlamp
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & no tv 10 :smiley: (DDS appt 8 a.m. W)

JFT W 3/3 = scheduled rest day
    1) Dentist semi-annual exam/cleaning 8 a.m. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Soup supper at church ~ choose wisely, only 1 bread, maybe small dessert & log best I can / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: soup supper 6 / Lent service 7 / prep lunch & clothes for Th workplace lunchtime hike / something around house
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & no tv 10 (x-train Th before work)

@beachwalker99 Thanks for the insights. My (younger) sister, who is super-fit & never overweight, has had rheumatoid arthritis for a few years, and her advice to me was keep moving. She doesn't let anything slow her down. That's what I plan to do. And work on my leg strength.

@Kuhl50 What a disappointment for you at work. (((Hugs)))

@pridesabtch So sorry you are struggling. (((Hugs)))

@clicketykeys I'm not surprised you're tired with everything you've got going on. Hoping you find some relief soon. (((Hugs)))

Shamrock Challenge: 9X (17,18,19,21,25,27,1,2,3) @TerriRichardson112 please shamrock me for March 3

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes Mar.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 4 March

Good morning everyone.

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

I’m very tired, I’ve spent the day decluttering my parents loft space (with my brother and his wife). My mum asked us to deal with her clothes and craft supplies/fabrics that she’d put in store as well as camping equipment they will never use again. My father gets the medal for hoarding the largest number of cardboard boxes and polythene. We have had to deal with that in order to find my mum’s things! Another day ahead of us tomorrow and a whole lot more to deal with. Trying hard to keep dad alongside so that he lets us get rid of more of his rubbish. He’s got so much wood up there I don’t like to think what would happen if they had a fire. If I’m not exhausted when I get home later this week, I will be motivated to get on with my own decluttering! 😊

@TerriRichardson112 please can I have my shamrock for today. Thank you

@pridesabtch Thank you, things are not easy at the moment.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Work-at-home Wednesday here! I love working from home...it's just so much more comfortable and quiet. I needed the quiet today. This is kind of a stressful week, some good and some not so good, and I really needed to quiet my mind. Feeling more anxiety than I've felt in years, so I kind of need to take some time to approach things in a healthy way and not with a big-*kitten* bucket of Tin Roof Sundae ice cream. :mrgreen:

We are having a pretty nice day here in Wisconsin...bright blue skies and 39 degrees. Some of the snow is melting and I can see spots of grass underneath. I have spring fever SO BAD! I cannot WAIT to leave for Arizona on Saturday! Saturday we hop a plane and head to 80-degree weather for a week. So excited! A whole week of vacation! I actually can't remember the last time I had a whole week off. It's been years. I have to admit, I'm a bit embarrassed and anxious about wearing summer clothes though. I didn't lose weight like I had hoped. I certainly won't want to be in any pictures. I wish I weren't so self-conscience! I am really going to work on just being in the moment and not caring. I just want to make some happy memories with my husband and some of our family members who we'll be seeing while there.

@HEGoddard0928 I wanted to congratulate you on getting so much written on your book~ You should be so proud of yourself. I have always wanted to be a writer but I have never been brave enough to try. I'm proud of you!

@cschmitz110515 The personal trainer I'm working with at Western Racquet right now is doing same with me for my knee. Working on strengthening muscles around the knee and keeping it moving. You are already so active that it must be really frustrating for you!

@mytime6630 I'm thinking of you and your loved ones and hoping you are okay. Sending prayers and much love. :heart:

Just for Wednesday
    1. Log every bite of food.
    2. Increase water intake
    3. Start going through summer clothes
    4. Begin list of what I need to shop for
    5. Knee strengthening exercises
    6. Cardio of some form
    7. Team meeting with Health Coach tonight
    8. Pack and prep for tomorrow
    9. Bed early, lights out at 10:00

Word of 2020: Persistence

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,3

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,4,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️
    (Mar: 1,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2,
    Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,4,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️
    Mar: 2

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks for February.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02: 148.9
    Tue 03: 148.8
    Wed 04: 148.6
    Thu 05:
    Fri 06:
    Sat 07:
    Week 2
    Sun 08:
    Mon 09:
    Tue 10:
    Wed 11:
    Thu 12:
    Fri 13:
    Sat 14
    Sun 15:
    Mon 16:
    Tue 17:
    Wed 18:
    Thu 19:
    Fri 20:
    Sat 22:
    Sun 23:
    Mon 24:
    Tue 25:
    Wed 26:
    Thu 27:
    Fri 28:
    Sat 29:
    Sun 30:
    Mon 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

b]JFT Wed 4 Mar[/b]
    Daily Goals: 🌟
    Activities:
    • 10am: Garden Group 🌟
    • Chores🌟
    • finish Latin prep🌟—>
    • 7pm: Crochet Group 🌟

b]JFT Thu 5 Mar[/b]
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10am: Dancing
    • 2pm: Shakespeare Study
    • finish Latin prep

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Soooo tired. At least I'm over the hump, but goals and catching up will have to wait until tomorrow. <3
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

JFT Wednesday

Walk 5k <3<3 Found a cute park a couple blocks from home and did some looks after doing 7k at work.
    Stay green <3
    Log food <3 Yes, even the 3rd of a Timmie's donut. Vendors and customers always bribe us with food.
    Weigh self if I remember before my muffin (I will allow myself two weigh ins a week if I don't lose my marbles) <3
    Clean the stove <3
    Write :s

JFT Thursday

Walk 5k
    Stay green
    Log food
    Buy groceries, REAL groceries
    Deal with recycling
    Write SOMETHING
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello my crew,

Was really tired today so I took it easy. I went just a little over my calories, but I'm ok with that. I'm still eating much healthier and in a way that fuels my body. Tomorrow I have the afternoon off because I have a doctors appointment at 1:00, so I'll have the rest of the day to catch up on stuff. I'm so happy my job application is in, now just the wait! Happy halfway-there day!

@bookmeister86 thank you for all of your helpful information! Much appreciated! I'll have to figure out my maintenance #s.
    @teagansdad Nice work on all those green check marks!
    @aubyshortcake I like that positive attitude!
    @beachwalker99 I'm on my way to bed now-back on track!

Just for Today-Wednesday
    go to bed between 9-10 (previous night) ❌ not even close
    1/2 report ❌
    catch up all notes ❌
    drink 80 oz water ✅
    Do dishes ❌
    Tidy up for 15 minutes ❌
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups ❌
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories) ❌
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals, post on JFT ✅

Just for Today-Thursday
    go to bed between 9-10 (previous night)
    1/2 report
    catch up all notes
    drink 80 oz water
    Do dishes
    Tidy up for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories)
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals, post on JFT
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a very frustrating day but despite that I stuck to food plan and stayed in the green (did have some wine though).

The stressful day meant I didn't do lots of things I planned to and I also didn't sleep well.

Oh well, today is a new day and it should be better than yesterday!

Yesterday's goals:

- Track all food and drink :)
    - Be in the green with a deficit :)
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home :)

- 30+ minute lunch break :neutral:Not really, my colleague hit me with some bad news just before my lunch break which meant I was flitting between having a break and trying to sort out the mess
    - Read article at lunch :/As above
    - Positive affirmations :smile:

- Pick up godson presents :/Plans changed so went home after shopea closed rather than before
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :/
    - French book :/
    - Laundry :smile:
    - Book train ticket :/
    - March resolutions :/
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights off by 11 :smiley:

Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
    - Be within 200 of green
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home

- Positive affirmations

- Finish work by 7pm
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - French book
    - Quality time: date night rules (no phones)
    - Laundry
    - Packing
    - Food shop
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Updated shamrocks for @TerriRichardson112 !

☘️☘️
    Mar: 2,4