Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    @jeschepp, well done winning the DietBet, very impressive! I'm with you on how food tastes differently after you've been eating well. I had 4 squares of chocolate yesterday and did not feel good. Chocolate is the thing I like which does not make me feel good (I guess that's a good thing!)
    javacreek wrote: »
    Hi There

I’ve been on MFP for over a year and not really have been consistent with. I have at least 15- 20 pounds to lose. My health and self esteem is suffering. What do I do to join your group?

@javacreek, you've joined just by posting :) Welcome! Just post your goals for the day, then come back and say how you've done.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hi everyone,

I have read and caught up yet again. We had three Grands this weekend and they played me out! I need to get back in shape since I’ll be having them more often for the foreseeable future.

I was in the red all weekend. I hope that I’ve behaved better today, I still need to log my food for the day.

JFT - Tuesday Feb 11
    Log all food
    Calories in green
    2L of water

I’m trying to find time to do this daily and haven’t figured it out yet. It’s frustrating me, I was faithfully interacting in this group for well over a year and I know it works for me when I’m consistent. I need to get back to the daily commitment of posting and updating my goals AND start interacting more again.

I love you bunches lady❤❤❤😀🙏
  • maryrobinson40
    javacreek wrote: »
    Hi There

I’ve been on MFP for over a year and not really have been consistent with. I have at least 15- 20 pounds to lose. My health and self esteem is suffering. What do I do to join your group?

WELCOME!!😀🌹
    GLAD TO HAVE YOU. Judgement free zone here. Great support here. We don't bash, or put each other down. We encourage here. Thanks for wanting to be a part. Enjoy the journey. YOU CAN DO IT. We believe in you.
  • maryrobinson40
    cory17 wrote: »
    Feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Ate with little restraint over the past week and the scale reflects it. Would like to feel as if I'm getting things done and moving forward and don't at all.

@cory17 HUGS, A 🙏, and a teddy 🐻.
    I love you. Hope you feel better soon❤🌹🌹🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    JFT TUESDAY
    I'M UP SINCE 3:30 I'M ABOUT TO START MY STEPS SINCE IT'S 5:38
    IT'S RAINING! here so Now is as good a time as any to march it out inside until time to get the children to their buses. Here goes
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Monday 10th February

Eat under maintenance yes
    No snacking 4 squares of chocolate
    Back exercises no
    Be positive yes
    Parents shopping/banking yes
    Housework yes

JFT Tuesday 11th February

Eat under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Be positive
    Housework
    Get back into the attic for more clearing out

I'm getting a bit fed up of living with boxes all over the place, so will try to "tidy them up" today. Because my house move is a DIY one, and I'm packing on my own, I started really early. It's making it easier to do and still giving me time for parents, but I'm sick of looking at boxes!

It's snowing and I'm not going out to walk. It's good for me to read this thread - reading about the winter weather which those of you in the USA and Canada have makes me appreciate that the weather in Scotland could be much worse :)
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Too much to do today, so I'm just posting goals and will try to check in again later. Have a great day!

Goals for Monday, February 10, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym - √
    • Household chores 30+ min – 15 min.
    • Get work and gym clothes ready for the week – X
    • Prep for tutoring – X
    • Grading/email/LMS updates - √ - Got lots done.
    • Journal (set weekly goals) – X – Too tired

JFT Goals for Tuesday, February 11, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym
    • Prep for tutoring
    • Grading/email/LMS updates
    • Journal
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I didn't stay in the green yesterday but I'm confident I'm going to do it today!

Welcome to the new people 💖💖

Yesterday 2/10:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😔
    3. Finish work at 5:20😁
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 2/11:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Do workout
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 2/10/20

-Februrary goal 😁
    -Set up appt to get taxes done 😁
    -JFT 😁
    -Finish ch + one more 😭😁
    -Bring lunch/keyboard/charger 😁
    -Fold clothes 😁
    -Log rest of my food 😁
    -Empty dishwasher 😁
    -Actually cook dinner! 😁

We finally got our taxes done yesterday. I spent the afternoon freaking out thinking that we were going to owe money because it looked like something got screwed up on my W-2's but it was fine and we're getting money back! I was praying that we were going to because we really need it. So Thank You Lord that this is happening. I just hope that it comes soon. It's a direct deposit so it shouldnt take as long as if it were a paper check.

To celebrate and the fact that I needed to pick up my meds we got Five Guys for dinner as both places were in the same plaza. My meal was basically 2/3 of my daily allotment of calories so I was in the red to say the least. And honestly, I dont know how good it tasted either. I only had one glass of wine that I spilled part of too. So I'm glad that I didnt indulge too much because that would have made my calories even worse. Lol.

I stepped on the scale this morning fully clothed and wearing jeans. I weighed in at 185.2 My doctor's office takes off 5lbs for clothes and shoes. I didnt weigh with my shoes on so I only took off 3lbs. So my weight would actually be 182.2 which is right around where I was the last few times I weighed. I know that I still have some water retention weight as well. So tomorrow I may weigh even less! So here's to hoping!🤞🏻🤞🏻

Anyway, I have to guess at my goals because I dont have my planner with me that I wrote them down in.

JFT, 2/11/20

-February goal
    -Log all my food
    -Gym
    -2 chapters
    -Actually make dinner
    -Load dishwasher
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    TUESDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. Walk on at least two work breaks
    6. Gym
    7. 6 hours sleep
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Ack! Work day has been one challenge after another so far. Nothing major, just bumps in the road. But a little frustrating and not the start I was looking for. Goals...

Recap M 2/10
    1) Walked 3.15 mi treadmill & stretched before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,057 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 39 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water = Weighed my supper portions, thought I was just green, then realized lunch portion logged was slightly incorrect. Oops. Net cals corrected -39 :D so much for the Valentine challenge, sodium - 515, sugar -21 (mostly fruit & ice cream which I even weighed!), fiber excellent, protein low-ish, 14c water
    4) BC-CC research BLS :) good conversation with Asst. Controller for processes & good progress / unexpectedly rec'd mgmt response for PA-RM 10 days early & worked on :)
    5) To-do's: organize records for tax prep :) / water houseplants :) / wash dishes :( / other? :) scraped snow/ice off birdfeeders & refilled, completed Dept. of Health Services telephone survey (and earned $20), folded line-dried clothes & put away upstairs
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & no tv 10:00 :smiley: (treadmill T before work)

JFT T 2/11
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water
    4) PA-RM final report / BC-CC research of BLS continues / deal w/ chapter emails
    5) To-do's: finalize s/s for tax prep / contact P / prep lunch for W during webinar / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & no tv 10:00 (treadmill W before work)

Valentine Day Challenge net calories green = 4X (3,4,5,6) NO roses Fri. 7 or Sat. 8 or Sun. 9 or Mon. 10 (logging error)

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk 2/1
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Hi everyone,

I have read and caught up yet again. We had three Grands this weekend and they played me out! I need to get back in shape since I’ll be having them more often for the foreseeable future.

I was in the red all weekend. I hope that I’ve behaved better today, I still need to log my food for the day.

JFT - Tuesday Feb 11
    Log all food
    Calories in green
    2L of water

I’m trying to find time to do this daily and haven’t figured it out yet. It’s frustrating me, I was faithfully interacting in this group for well over a year and I know it works for me when I’m consistent. I need to get back to the daily commitment of posting and updating my goals AND start interacting more again.

I'm struggling the same as you. I'm wondering if it is because I feel like I need to comment on things but if I take the time to interact, then I don't have time to post for myself... When I was less busy in my old job, I had time to do it more. Now I'm having difficulty finding time to do both but I love this group and want to continue.

Maybe if we stop putting so much pressure on ourselves to interact as much as we used to, we can start out slow by just posting our goals and being accountable for updating the next day? Perhaps it will then kind of work itself out? I think everyone on here knows how much we care, and I do "like" or "hug" to let them know I saw and I'm happy for or thinking about them. Maybe we have too high expectations for ourselves taking into consideration where our lives current are?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. TALK WITH LAWS WINNERS. DETENTION TUESDAY. Check vocab list!!!!
    3. Class A: Check progress reports. Poetry Kahoot. Vocab W2D1. 4 poems total; include analysis paragraphs; add mood. Discuss challenge books. Promote YAF.
    4. Class B: Finish poetry presentations (MONDAY). Note parallel between lifting and poetry. Compound subject w/pronouns. Online practice with figurative language; for "how do you figure" include the intended literal meaning. Kahoot? HAND OUT PROGRESS REPORTS.
    5. Planning: Print Laws essays. Work with C in library on essay structure. Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Write blog post. RECORD AUDITION FOR SRC.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. DETENTION (TUESDAY). Cycling? Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Play practice 7:30 PM. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH. Note - when redoing work on CommonLit, students must ask to have the assignment unsubmitted so that they can see which answers they picked.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Library; return Hunger & check out Dark Matter.
    3. Yoga - neck and shoulders. Put clothes away. Put dishes away.
    4. Gentle run!
    5. Grade late work.
    6. Play practice.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. I got told that it's okay to start running again as long as I'm careful :) Apparently it doesn't take long to get slower, though. :P

Our schools are closed today due to flooded roads. It's nice to have a quiet day but I have to reconfigure my plans and I don't like that. :P
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (3,4,5)

🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Joan: (mytime6630) (3, 4, 9. 10)

🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4)

🌹 🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6)

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968

🌹🌹🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 (3,4,6)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    My weight history:
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain

Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day

2020 - January Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Joan
    SW: Jan 3: 185.4
    SW Feb 1st: 178

2020 - February Discard 5lb Challenge
    Current Weight today:
    Feb 1: 178.0
    Feb 3: 180.6 --- I expected this, with superbowl last nite .. to many chips, etc.
    Feb 4: 181 --- I think this is from overeating for the superbowl. Hoping it comes down!
    Feb 11: 177.5

Goals, JFT, Tue 2/11
    1. log all food
    2. stay in the green - valentines day challenge
    3. concentrate on water
    4. positive thinking
    6. help hubby with pc boards and shipping. We are keeping busy this wee