Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Glad to hear the tornadoes missed you. Very wise to stay inside. Stay safe!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Daily Habit goals: track, 😁exercise, 😁journal

Action Plan:
    1. Up by 6, run, 2 yoga reps😁
    2. Lay out clothes for Saturday workout 😁
    3. Healthy breakfast—yogurt and kashi (during conference call)😁
    4. Pack salad for lunch😁
    5. Dinner = 😁 (chicken, broccoli, potatoes)
    6. Process return for Zappos shoes 😁
    7. Finalize (pack) food for trip😁
    8. Finalize (pack) meds for trip😁
    9. Check bank account, pay bills😁
    10. Write check for LUZ😁
    11. Upstairs by 10, 👿journal, 😁lights out by 10:30👿

Ok I’m almost ready. Still have an intimidating to do list while gone, and I know I lose steam the minute I hit a hotel and start sleeping poorly. But! Have put together a “points “ system to incentivize keeping good habits on this trip. I can earn up to 25 points per day for different aspects of tracking, exercise, journaling, and allowing enough time to sleep. Hopefully this will help keep me on track!

Saturday
    Daily Habit goals: track, exercise, journal

Action Plan:
    1. Run app + yoga x2
    2. Healthy breakfast—omelette
    3. Store for antibacterial gel, mask
    4. Shower & get ready
    5. Put out card and gift for DH
    6. Straighten up
    7. Finish packing, include water bottle, journal
    8. “Tv dinner” lunch
    9. Leave for airport at 1pm
    10. Buy Greek yogurt past security and whole fruit
    11. Eat yogurt + Museli after takeoff, go to sleep
    12. Protein bar before landing
    13. Find salad during layover
    14. Taxi to hotel, clean up and go walking
    15. Enjoy a meal for late dinner
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 7th February

Eat under maintenance yes
    Back exercises some, do more!
    Be positive yes
    Parents errands yes
    Haircut yes
    Bags to charity shop yes
    Walk with friend we just had tea and chatted, no walk
    Tidy garden before this weekend's storm yes

JFT Saturday 8th February

Eat under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Be positive
    Housework/laundry
    Enjoy the weekend
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    - Subbing for kindergarten today🟢
    - Laundry🔴
    - Dishes🟢
    - Oldest daughter’s friend party🔴

Yesterday was filled with changed plans...middle daughter woke up with a fever. Husband stayed home with her and my oldest made the hard decision to postpone her friend party so her sister could come. 💕.
    Flu and strep are going around the school here. The teacher I subbed for has the flu. I was supposed to work with her co-teacher yesterday, but then she got sick too! I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants because the lesson plan was written with the assumption that I’d have the help of someone who knows the routine! We made it through the day and the kids had fun (it was the 100th day of school...big deal in kindergarten!)

JFT SATURDAY:
    - organize music
    - Sing for a funeral
    - Grocery shop
    - Make grilled chicken and salad
    - Prep house
    - Daughter’s family party this afternoon
    - Order pizza

Stay healthy, everyone!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Mixed bag yesterday. I'm keeping it super simple today and will play catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Goals for Friday, February 7, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit – X - Had company over for dinner. Didn’t log, but cocktails and chocolate surely put me in the red.
    • Gym - √
    • Household chores 30+ min - √
    • Put away the laundry – X – Stuck it on the bed in the guest room!
    • Straighten house for the weekend – Minimal
    • Bank/Grocery store - √
    • Bills – X
    • Grading/email/LMS updates – X
    • Journal – X

JFT Goals for Saturday, February 8, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit (maybe? - dinner out may derail this goal)
    • Household chores 30+ min
    • Errands (Costco, Lowes)
    • Dinner and movie with DH
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @mytime6630 - Thank you for adding me! I've been in the green the 3rd, 4th, and 6th. Hopefully I can stay on track over the weekend.

@pridesabtch - Awww...what beautiful photos of your girl! Such a lovely smile!

@maryrobinson40 - Glad to hear the tornado missed your town.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    r2bbiddhdohc.jpeg
    jooh4nfp1vxq.jpeg
    8xdl3elr2uru.jpeg

Beautiful you and the snow too.😍
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8 February

I’ve not had a good week. My aching muscles from last Sunday continued my back has been hurting. I’ve not exercised or met other goals. Tomorrow it’s back to measuring and weighing 😊

Awww... Take care. Sounds like a soak and a massage are needed.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @teigansdad Good job! GO YOU! :mrgreen: Pretty cool that you are finding alternatives that you can live with! I broke down and ate pizza last night (damn it...it's my kryptonite too!).

@maryrobinson40 Thanks for checking in. Prayers for all who were hit by the tornadoes. Love to you!

@snowflake1968 Life happens! Don't beat yourself up over it. I had pizza last night, even though my husband and I had agreed on steamed shrimp and veggies. Life got in the way and ended up throwing a frozen pizza in the oven. Today is a new day. We can get back on track together. I know we can!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: MEETING. Check class websites. Update directions on website. PRINT LAWS FORMS. TALK WITH LAWS WINNERS.
    3. Class A: Poetry Kahoot. Vocab day 4-5. 4 poems total; include analysis paragraphs; add mood. Discuss challenge books.
    4. Class B: Finish poetry presentations (MONDAY). Writing prompt. Kahoot?
    5. Planning: Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades. Run progress reports. Write blog post. Record audition for SRC.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. DETENTION (TUESDAY). Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Grading.
    3. Groceries.
    4. Record audition for SRC.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. It snowed. I was going to go to the library, but they didn't open today. And I had an event I was going to attend, but that got cancelled too. I guess that means I have lots of time to get my grading done.

Yay. :P
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2020
    Options
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (3,4,5)

🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)

🌹🌹Joan: (mytime6630)

🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4)

🌹 🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6)

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968

🌹🌹🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 (3,4,6)

• TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    February:
    Week 1 loss: 2lbs
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    Wed 05: 149.6 😂 Boing! Boing! Boing!
    Fri 07: 149.1 🤞🏻
    Sat 08: 148.9
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 8 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • 10.30: visit to Ikea with DYD. 🌟
    • Afternoon: local shopping 🌟
    • finish putting laundry away! 🌟+ Did another load.
    • Chores 🌟
    • Read some more of Northern Lights. —>

b]JFT Sun 08 Feb
    Daily Goals:[/b]
    Activities:
    • prep for tomorrow’s Monday Painters
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • finish putting laundry away!
    • Read some more of Northern Lights.