Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Morning! Yesterday was a fun and exhausting day. I subbed for the elementary school gym teacher! A lot of work, but also fun! I ended up walking 13 MILES during the school day!

Thursday:
    - subbing for the gym teacher 🟢
    - Organize music🔴
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - continue cleaning house for bday party🟢

JFT Friday:
    - Subbing for kindergarten today
    - Laundry - This is getting tricky...my dryer is broken so I have clothes drying near all the heaters in my house! I’m trying to get it all done and dried before my daughter’s famiky party tomorrow!
    - Dishes
    - Oldest daughter’s friend party this afternoon - kids are coming home from school with us and then we’re headed out, so I won’t have time to get anything else done!

I’m trying to figure out how to get everything done in the next couple days. With my daughter’s friend party tonight and family party tomorrow, plus I’m singing for a funeral tomorrow morning. I’m running out of time. I think it might be a late night tonight!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website.
    3. Class A: Vocab day 3. Poetry: Mood and symbolism; image interpretation. 4 poems total; add to Poem List. Progress reports.
    4. Class B: Example poem. Poetry notes. Discuss poems you like. Present 1 to class.
    5. Planning: Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades. Run progress reports. Write blog post. Cover class.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bus duty. Run. Game night. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Thursday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: MEETING. Check class websites. Update directions on website. PRINT LAWS FORMS. TALK WITH LAWS WINNERS.
    3. Class A: Poetry Kahoot. Vocab day 4-5. 4 poems total; include analysis paragraphs; add mood. Discuss challenge books.
    4. Class B: Finish poetry presentations. Writing prompt. Kahoot?
    5. Planning: Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades. Run progress reports. Write blog post. Record audition for SRC.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. DETENTION. Bus duty. Run. Game night. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Thursday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. Everything sucks. Lost yesterday due to flooding. Went on a run and sprained my ankle. Left my script at school, so I had to use the digital copy on my phone. Rehearsal was 2 hours and I was only needed for about 15 minutes. Maybe that was good, given that I didn't have the paper copy to write down the blocking.

I guess that's not EVERYTHING. Just a lot of things. UGH.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6)
    🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5)
    🌹🌹Carmela cschmitz110515: (3,4)
    pridesabtch:
    🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)
    🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)
    Joan: (mytime6630)
    🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4)
    🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5)
    Tracie: Snowflake1968

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited February 2020

Valentine's Day Challenge
    I was green 4,5,6

JFT Thursday

- Go to work relatively on time, check in through medical :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Schedule lightweight certification visit for Sierra :smiley:
    - Get copy of deceased father's W2 :smiley: Boy this estate is a pain in the pa-toot.
    - Schedule a service tech to check out the ICP issues :smiley:
    - lunch 300 - 400 calories :smiley:
    - Water > soda :(
    - log everything :smiley:
    - stay green :smiley:
    - Bible reading Psalms & 1 Chronicles :(
    - Finish cleaning out equipment files... :(
    - Do some refresher training of operators :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :(
    - No alcohol :( had a cocktail before bed

Yesterday was pretty good, I got a lot of personal things taken care of including booking our trip to Boston. I got a great deal which makes it even better. Tim had looked at airline prices the night before and it was $127 each way per person. I got 4 round trip flights and 3 nights at the Double Tree for less than $750. Originally, just Sierra and I were going to go, but at that price the whole family can go. Super excited to show kids around Boston. It is one of my favorite cities. I went to school there my Freshman year before transferring back to an instate school. I was 17 and went from rural WV to Boston taking crazy hard classes for a freshman (Molecular Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, Japanese and 3rd semester calculus) I pretty much self destructed and lost my full ride (OOPS). I still love going back and walking the city.

Vanessa didn't get the part she wanted in the HS play "Back to the 80s", but she did score a featured solo "Love Shack". I think she'll be happy. She was in bed when the cast list was posted so I knew before she did.

First real snow of the year here and school is cancelled and Tim is off. It sucked to have to crawl out of the warm toasty bed knowing everyone else could stay snuggled in all day if they wanted. I do love snow though...

@TerriRichardson112 I don't know hoe to give me roses, but I'm green 4,5,6 so far. My name is Nikki

JFT Friday
    - Protein bar for breakfast :( or doughnuts...
    - water>soda
    - Make visitor arrangements for service techs coming in Monday & Tuesday
    - Stay awake during 3 hour meeting
    - 2020 Goal meeting with boss man
    - Bible Reading
    - Lunch 300-400 cal
    - Try to ride tonight even if its just a steady state spin
    - Pot Roast for dinner (In crock pot)
    - Bed by 11:00

Rock your day y'all!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Happy Friday, everyone! Posting goals and will come back to comment later.

@TerriRichardson112 - I'd like to join your challenge, although I don't know how to post a rose (I do my posts on my laptop - no room on my phone for the app). I could use some extra incentive to keep my sodium i check and stick to my macro distribution. My name is Gwen.

Thursday's goals - a mixed bag indeed :/
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym - √
    • Household chores 30+ min – X
    • Put away the laundry - X
    • Prep for tutoring student - √
    • Bank/Grocery store – X
    • Meeting for online course - √
    • Bills - X
    • Grading/email/LMS updates - 10%
    • Journal – X

JFT Goals for Friday, February 7, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym
    • Household chores 30+ min
    • Put away the laundry
    • Straighten house for the weekend
    • Bank/Grocery store
    • Bills
    • Grading/email/LMS updates
    • Journal
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member

JFT Thursday 6th February

Eat under maintenance yes
    Back exercises some, do more!
    Be positive yes
    Parents shopping/errands yes
    Visit doctor for bone scan results yes, not good but could be worse
    Packing - get into attic today, major clear out job! yes, lots to go

JFT Friday 7th February

Eat under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Be positive
    Parents errands
    Haircut
    Bags to charity shop
    Walk with friend
    Tidy garden before this weekend's storm
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

THURSDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. 5 freggies :)
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. Walk on at least two work breaks :(
    6. Do light cleaning at home :)
    7. Do a workout of some sort :(
    8. 6 hours sleep :( 5h7m

Well, I did not work out yesterday, but I DID get my taxes done. Am ridiculously relieved to only owe $11...I thought it would be thousands

FRIDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. Walk on at least two work breaks
    6. Gym!!!
    7. 6 hours sleep--attempt to sleep in
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Stay in the green

🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5)
    🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable
    pridesabtch:
    Tracie: Snowflake1968
  • cschmitz110515
    @jeschepp Thanks for your feedback on measuring! Tbh I have a poster on portion sizes in my work office, I just forget to look anymore. I used to weigh/measure food more often, then started to rely on eyeballing. Guess I need to measure periodically to ensure my portions haven't "grown." Measured for supper & evening snacks yesterday and that helped. I truly stayed in the green.

@bookmeister86 Love your revelation/insights about intentions vs. what you feel like. Very astute. Congrats on healthy choices last night!
  • cschmitz110515
    edited February 2020
    @jeschepp Thanks for your feedback on measuring! Tbh I have a poster on portion sizes in my work office, I just forget to look anymore. I used to weigh/measure food more often, then started to rely on eyeballing. Guess I need to measure periodically to ensure my portions haven't "grown." Measured for supper & evening snacks yesterday and that helped. I truly stayed in the green.

@bookmeister86 Love your revelation/insights about intentions vs. what you feel like. Very astute. Congrats on healthy choices last night!

@clicketykeys So sorry for all your troubles! What play are you rehearsing for this time?

@aubyshortcake Thanks so much for your Valentine Day Challenge! It's forcing my to be more accurate. Good for you for staying green!
  • cschmitz110515
    edited February 2020
    Recap R 2/6
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,811 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 31 floors :smiley:
    3) Change clothes & leave early for workplace lunchtime hike; not sure since snow has repeatedly melted & refroze, and is very crusty, if we'll use snowshoes or just walk = Cruddy snow meant walking instead of snowshoes. Group of 9 walked 2.1 mi in 43:09 on sunny, brisk day & happy me B)
    4) Prelogged meals & snacks / net calories green / 14c water = Measured portions for supper & evening snacks for more accuracy. Net cals green 19 :smiley: , sodium -747 :/ , sugar -21 (mostly fruit, veg, skyr), fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    5) BC-CC review all add'l docs provided :# always more work than I anticipate / draft APG no time
    6) Evening: make planned supper :) even measured portions / choir 6:30 :) / pick up milk, bananas on way home :) plus salad bag & onions / water rest of houseplants forgot / update budget s/s no time / other? nope
    7) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & no tv 10:20 :) 10:30 (F rest day)

JFT F 2/7 ~ planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Prelog meals & snacks once supper decided / net calories green / 14c water
    3) BC-CC review & contact Jenni for clarifications / draft APG if time
    4) Evening: pick up race packet after work / maybe pick up supper at Chili John's / prep clothes, bib, hand/foot warmers / prep shopping bag, egg cartons, cash for winter market / make sure Fitbit & phone are charged for race / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & no tv 10 (leave house by 7:20 a.m.?)

Valentine Day Challenge net calories green = 4X (3,4,5,6) more measuring of portions starting Feb. 6 for more accuracy

Sat. 8 a.m. is the Seroogy's (Chocolates) Valentine 5K and overnight low forecast is 11F (-11C). I've walked in this event numerous times, and winter weather can be so variable. I just have to roll with it, and have my layers planned. Dog will be very sad when I drive off dressed for walking without her. My goal is < 50 min. (ideally < 45 but I'm not in the greatest walking shape right now, and if it snows & I wear boots, even harder). Plan to save chocolate meltaway given to finishers for some other time, and go shopping at winter market after for healthy foods.

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk 2/1
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Stay in the green

🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹Nikki: @pridesabtch (3,4,5) No problem. Just tag me like you did today and I’ll add your roses

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968 👍🏻

🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 I can add your roses. Just tag me with the days you have been in the green.

@aubyshortcake Yayyy! You got your first rose.

Hi Terri ... could you give me 2 roses - (day 4 and 5)?
  • So far a great start to my Friday. 3 online traings done & I’m eating a massive salad before heading to gym. I start shadowing at my new job as a Behavioral Therapist for 0-3 year olds with autism. Online trainings are tiring! And I’m shedding all the volunteering commitments I picked up. while not working for past 6 months.

I missed the gym the last two days & weather has not been conducive to walking. Party leftovers continue to taunt me and issue siren calls. Luckily I have halibut, quinoa, & broccoli on tap for dinner. Weigh-in Monday will not be pretty but I’m trying to mitigate ridiculous consumption of cheese & chocolate since Sunday with lots of healthy eating—like a foundation of great nutrition in the green, topped with an ice cream sundae. Definitely a crime of oppty & not a backslide on my part.

Also doing other things in my life that I care deeply about including sime health related ones.
    Intention for the day: Breathe, be mindful, prioritize self-care
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Stay in the green

🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹Nikki: @pridesabtch (3,4,5) No problem. Just tag me like you did today and I’ll add your roses

🌹🌹 Joan: (mytime6630) (4, 5)

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968 👍🏻

🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 I can add your roses. Just tag me with the days you have been in the green.