The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So I learned today swilling in the surf is tiring when you had shoulder surgery 4 months ago but wow the island of St John has beautiful beaches even through the taxi Window it's beautiful wycn0zm11dzu.jpg

Roatan was nice, too.

lziewcaprm88.jpg

I wasn't a fan of Roatan we were there the last cruise we did. I like the Virgin islands they've never let me down so far
  • mindful_weightloss
    mindful_weightloss Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm 45.
  • AliNouveau
    So I learned today swilling in the surf is tiring when you had shoulder surgery 4 months ago but wow the island of St John has beautiful beaches even through the taxi Window it's beautiful wycn0zm11dzu.jpg

The surf even within shallow water, upon a great day's still powerful. I remember once being told, to stay where I was & got into trouble, when they saw that I didn't but I did, the water unbeknownst to me was moving me along the shoreline.

I agree!

The waves hitting and then the undertow they create is intense. I said i can see how some one can get in trouble. I tried to stay a certain distance from the shore and in line with my boy who was building sand castles. My shoulder got tired as it was about time to leave so I got out
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,111 Member

Roatan was nice, too.

lziewcaprm88.jpg

I wasn't a fan of Roatan we were there the last cruise we did. I like the Virgin islands they've never let me down so far

I wouldn't want to be on a cruise ~anywhere~ Our beach was certainly more crowded when the cruise ships were in. I was there for the diving; got 19 dives in over six days of diving. The last day was a bonus, but we only got two dives per day the last two days because of weather. They had to bus us to the other side of the island because it was too rough where we were staying.

Green sea turtle with remoras:
    0b5ban6zug6b.jpg

Spotfin butterflyfish:
    fmnahss6ffmj.jpg

Green moray:
    i5d07spsqca0.jpg

Nassau grouper:
    cbcsnz8308i7.jpg

Sunny day on the boat:
    0lw1om5qqqaz.jpg

Rainy day on the boat:
    2l74nciyj3xd.jpg

Evening on the beach:
    hjvppd9swb81.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    edited March 2020

Roatan was nice, too.

lziewcaprm88.jpg

I wouldn't want to be on a cruise ~anywhere~ Our beach was certainly more crowded when the cruise ships were in. I was there for the diving; got 19 dives in over six days of diving. The last day was a bonus, but we only got two dives per day the last two days because of weather. They had to bus us to the other side of the island because it was too rough where we were staying.

0b5ban6zug6b.jpg

Spotfin butterflyfish:
    fmnahss6ffmj.jpg

Green moray:
    i5d07spsqca0.jpg

Nassau grouper:
    cbcsnz8308i7.jpg

Sunny day on the boat:
    0lw1om5qqqaz.jpg

Rainy day on the boat:
    2l74nciyj3xd.jpg

Evening on the beach:
    hjvppd9swb81.jpg

Water terrifies me I wouldn't want to be diving anywhere. To each their own eh. Going into the ocean surf i had to endure five minor panic attacks. Snorkelling just isn't really worth the fear i experience having to put my face in the water.

We always choose the nicer excursions from the cruise ship or ask a cad driver to take us to their favourite spot. It ensures you're not there With a million other people. The best was our cab driver in St Maarten once who took us to get favourite beach on the frsnch side of the island. It was fun getting to speak proper France French in the middle of the Caribbean
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Roatan was nice, too.

lziewcaprm88.jpg

0b5ban6zug6b.jpg

Spotfin butterflyfish:
    fmnahss6ffmj.jpg

Green moray:
    i5d07spsqca0.jpg

Nassau grouper:
    cbcsnz8308i7.jpg

Sunny day on the boat:
    0lw1om5qqqaz.jpg

Rainy day on the boat:
    2l74nciyj3xd.jpg

Evening on the beach:
    hjvppd9swb81.jpg

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.. 🙂
  • MomToTheTenthPower
    MomToTheTenthPower Posts: 8 Member
    Hi all. Long time listener, first time caller. :smile: I’m 43 and would love to add some friends. I’m into Olympic lifting and carbs.
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    New to the community but not MFP.5gwmfks7alro.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,111 Member
    Water terrifies me I wouldn't want to be diving anywhere. To each their own eh. Going into the ocean surf i had to endure five minor panic attacks. Snorkelling just isn't really worth the fear i experience having to put my face in the water.

Then SCUBA would definitely NOT be fun for you! I find it extremely relaxing and beautiful. I used to date a woman who had an irrational fear of water. It was "bottom monsters." She knew they didn't exist, and she knew that her fear was irrational, but that didn't make it go away. My partner for 13 years also had an odd fear in the ocean. Ever since she was a kid, she was afraid frogmen would come grab her. When we went to Kauai, she wanted to just swim over sand that was shallow enough she could see the bottom. Eventually she got over it a little and could swim over the reef to see all the fish. SCUBA was never going to be her thing, though. In that case it was all the equipment. We're kayakers, and that was already too much gear. Oh well. My next dive trip is to the California Channel Islands this summer, and next year I get to raft the Colorado River through Grand Canyon for 23 days. That's a special place, too.

• LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Friday fabulous people!!
  • LockeCole2814
    LockeCole2814 Posts: 1 Member
    Greetings. I just started using myfitnesspal again and I am looking to get back in shape.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm still around fellow old folks..LOL
    been a crazy few weeks......mom's bday...son took the PSAT again...more college 'stuff'
    My 14 yr old dd, going to be 15 in April...has been ummmm a handful :)
    Celebrated my mom's bday this weekend, and refused to take pics with her un-cool mom....so embarrassing...

Ive been working out regularly....feel like I eat really well-clean for 3 weeks ish....have one cheat day/party etc and the scale doesn't budge...frustrating!
    Ill be 47 early June and found, for me, I work out every other d ay..I can give it my all and not feel like a corpse....Off days I try to at least stay active or hit the treadmill

Hope everyone is well! Kim
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    been a crazy few weeks......mom's bday...son took the PSAT again...more college 'stuff'
    Celebrated my mom's bday this weekend, and refused to take pics with her un-cool mom....so embarrassing...

Ive been working out regularly....feel like I eat really well-clean for 3 weeks ish....have one cheat day/party etc and the scale doesn't budge...frustrating!
    Ill be 47 early June and found, for me, I work out every other d ay..I can give it my all and not feel like a corpse....Off days I try to at least stay active or hit the treadmill

You have been busy. Gotta love teens eh

I'll be 47 in June too!!! Yay for a fellow Gemini
  • kimber0607
    edited March 2020
    Holy moley it's a cold one today
    But we're cozy and warm inside after having an impromptu play date with the neighbours.
    Our public schools are in the midst of striking. They're doing rotating strikes. So today they could tell us their comments for report cards but not the grades. I would have thought just giving letter grades would be much easier than constructive comments. There seems to be no end in sight, I think everyone including the teachers are getting sick of the fight.

Happy Valentine's Day middle agers!!!

This sounds like no fun!

The cold or the school strike???

It's been fun for my boy he's averaged 2 days of school a week for the past 3 weeks!!!
    We might be getting a 5 day weekend

That stinks!!!
    Hope they get everything worked out...addressing missed days..add them at the end of the year?

Still having eye problems so I dont think ill be in contact again anytime soon..we are glasses buddies :)
    This pic was after dinner for my mom's bday.....dont ask me what we were doing//LOL
  • kimber0607
    edited March 2020

I'm so old I cant even post a pic here the right way..LOL.....June what?
    Im the 9th...
  • chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m 5’3, currently at 160 lbs with another 50 to lose. Right now, that’s mostly through dietary choices, but I’m slowly and carefully incorporating movement. Feel free to add me!
  • chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    Oh, and I’m 39. :)
  • AliNouveau

I'm so old I cant even post a pic here the right way..LOL.....June what?
    Im the 9th...

I'm the 16th.
    Love that pic of you and your mom she looks like a fun lady haha

We've been away for a week. The boys class had 3 days up north at an outdoor education centre so we took a Caribbean cruise haha why not. Looks like no school strikes for a little while at least
  • treed1964
    treed1964 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello from the Midwest! I’ve never put forth 100% using this app and need to. 20 pounds to go to my goal. I love working out and do so 4-5 days week spinning and body pump. I don’t drink or smoke. I thinking my issues are too many calories with natural sugar from fruit. Typical day is a protein shake after morning workout, oatmeal with blueberries at 10; in salad with oil and vinegar and no cheese, string cheese and fruit or almonds for afternoon snack; healthy instant pot or grilled meat and veg for dinner, and apple and peanut butter for dessert before 8 pm. What would you change here? Open to any ideas or suggestions. Friend me if you’d like. Thanks for listening 😃
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member

The surf even within shallow water, upon a great day's still powerful. I remember once being told, to stay where I was & got into trouble, when they saw that I didn't but I did, the water unbeknownst to me was moving me along the shoreline.

I agree!

The waves hitting and then the undertow they create is intense. I said i can see how some one can get in trouble. I tried to stay a certain distance from the shore and in line with my boy who was building sand castles. My shoulder got tired as it was about time to leave so I got out

Yeah being within line with your son, was definitely sensible.