Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @helen_goldthorpe Very nice pictures, congratulations again! Something to be very proud of...
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Weather is feeling spring-like this weekend and I was able to get outside and be active, which was great for my mood! I was a little paranoid about being in the sun as I had surgery for skin cancer a few months ago. I had sunscreen on but I really need to find a good hat. I may have book club tomorrow (host is thinking of canceling) and I usually have 2 drinks there so planning for that.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3/1 - more like 3 drinks 🤦‍♀️
    3/2 - AF drinking my tea and hoping for good sleep tonight
    3/3 - AF drinking my tea
    3/4 - AF drinking my tea
    3/5 - AF drinking my tea. No cravings tonight - yay!
    3/6 - 2 drinks
    3/7 - 2 drinks
    3/8 - AF sparkling water and maybe drinking my tea in an hour or so
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I had 18AF days for January
    I had a surprising (and record setting for me) 21AF days for the short month of February!

Sunday March 01 - AF - The month kind of came in like a lamb out West.
    Monday March 02 - AF - Tomorrow is my designated drinks day, we'll see. It could have been the strategy that led to 2 AF days in a row, knowing that I have a drinks day coming up. Definitely going to stick with my newest rule to have at least 2 AF days in a row in between which will add up over the month.
    Tuesday March 03 - AF - It is my designated drink day, and I felt like having drinks but decided not to today.
    Wednesday March 04 - AF - I just read up on Kava, it is banned in Canada due to severe liver damage and deaths! Yikes. Guess that I won't be trying that as a relaxing alternative to booze. I will stick with my sugar free jello on AF days.
    Thursday March 05 - 3 drinks, started from work stress (so using it as a stress reliever still) but after the first sip I was feeling better. I have been applying for new jobs, I have known that I have to make a change in that area for quite some time. I already feel like I have made changes to drink less and am feeling pretty successful at that so far. Coming up to 60 this year and know that I need to define how that is going to be. I think that the days of daily drinking are behind me now. Posting daily on this thread gives me the impetus to keep that in check. Quitting smoking will be a big challenge, but that is on my radar too. Losing weight, cutting down drinking...well, I can't quite quit everything just yet. Baby steps.
    Friday March 06 - AF - Felt like having a few drinks, but didn't because of my recent 2AF days in a row rule.
    Saturday March 07 - 3 drinks
    Sunday March 08 - AF

Running tally: 6AF days out of 8 days so far.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @helen_goldthorpe, very cool pictures!
  • globalhiker
    Options
    Day 8 AF done! And Day 1 no-chocolate done! TOUGH. I let myself eat anything I wanted the past 6 weeks or so, as a replacement for alcohol. Worked! But now my physical dependency is gone I have an easter candy addiction and need to nip that now before it causes damage.

Every day (even when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed) I keep telling myself, it's all a mind game. Just make the "plan" for today. Envision it the way you want it to turn out, in your favor. I tell myself I am in charge of my own success. I plan it out. I can challenge faulty thinking that doesn't serve me. I am in charge of creating my happy day today.

This thinking is so important because it drives my behavior.
  • globalhiker
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy , you inspire me when you say: Coming up to 60 this year and know that I need to define how that is going to be.

I'm close behind you and thanks to a clearer head from back to back AF days, think the same. We define how it's going to be.
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    3/2 - less than usual. hopefully i skip buying a bottle on the way home today. no AF days yet in 2020
    3/3 - dont ask
    3/4 - 3/4 of normal. went to bed on time instead of passing out in front of TV
    3/5 - about 1/2 of normal but had way to much feed yesterday. fell asleep fine but woke up many times.
    3/6 - oh boy
    3/7 - much less but probably only due to the need of staying sober to drive wife to airport for red eye flight. i fear my drinking the next 10 days without someone monitoring me.
    3/8 - made it till 3pm without a drink on a weekend. rare for me. thought i had less until i looked at the bottle this morning.

thank you @Missmay.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week. ( 22 AF / 31 days)

January - 15 AF / 27 days.
    February - 17 AF / 29 days.

Mar 1- AF :D
    Mar 2- AF :D
    Mar 3- AF :D
    Mar 4- AF :D
    Mar 5- AF :D
    Mar 6- 2 Drinks (Friday)
    Mar 7- 2 Drinks ( Saturday)
    Mar 8- 2 Drinks

Daily note: Had a couple drinks lastnight.... whoops!

5 AF / 8 days
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    9/9 AF :smiley:
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    9/9 AF :smiley: